Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

HealthCabin 90% Off Clearance Sale!

HealthCabin 90% off Clearance Sale
2 of 2 < >

Latest Discounts and Offers

HealthCabin 10% off Coupon Code INDIANVAPERS sitewide! Shop and save!
HILIQ 12% off Coupon code INDIANFORUM for eLiquids and DIY Liquids!
GearBest 15% off Coupon Code ECIG15OFF! Save money on Vapegear!
See more
See less

Change Coil with Juice in Tank!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Coil with Juice in Tank!

Hi,

Thanks for the great help, it's been great first week, I haven't touched Stinkies for last 7 days. T18 is going great. I started with Joyetech USA Mix(Malboro Lights). The thing is package doesnot tell PG/VG ratio. Yesterday I got my Ciga-li-cious, and I should say it is absolutely fantastic, but I noticed few things:

1) I ordered Ciga-li-cious with 50/50 ratio.
    2) I started with Ciga-li-cious yesterday 6th day on first coil.
    3) I noticed the juice finished fast, the Joyetech juice for a single full tank use to last more than 2 days for me, while Ciga-li-cious is only lasting 1 day.
    4) With Joyetech Juice, I was able to take a second drag instantly, and the vapor temperature was not more.
    5) I noticed the Ciga-li-cious is producing more vapor.
    6) With Ciga-li-cious the coil(Vapor) gets very hot around 3 secs, while for < 3secs it is OK. This is unlike Joyetech.
    7) Today I received mail from Mystic Pumes, and filled up Classically Mild, this too 50/50.
    8) I see same problem with this juice too.
    9) Seems the coil in now black in color, thats what I can see from juice port.
    10) I am stuck, since allmost half a tank juice is still left(This is Prisim tank), but I need to change the coil.

Please help, is this overheating happening for 50/50 ratio or the coil? How to change the coil without wasting the Juice, anyway, or I have to dump the Juice?

Thanks
    Nataraj

Re: Change Coil with Juice in Tank!

50/50 is not really a good ratio IMO .. should try 70v/30p or 80v/20p .. The heat problem could be associated with that too but I'm not sure what's causing the heat issues. The coil gunking should be higher with higher VG liquids but again, it all depends on the quality of VG used. Plus, if sweetener is added to the eLiquids, it also produces more gunk. May be your 50/50 eLiquids have sweetener in them.

Buy/try eLiquids from 2 or 3 different Indian sellers, but stick to 70 vg / 30 pg ratio and see how it goes (I believe, you will see an improvement). Compare and see which one works the best for you. That's all I can suggest.

The funda here to understand is that your setup is the same. Same battery, same atomizer, same type of coil heads. The only difference is the eLiquid you were using earlier and the eLiquid you are using now. So, you may have to experiment with eLiquids from different sellers before settling with the one that works the best for you. Good luck!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/

Comment

Thanks Andy, you are correct, the difference is only Juice, and also Ciga-li-cious has a lot of sweetener. I will switch back to some other juice, before concluding on whether it is time for coil change.

Last edited by natarajc; 21-01-17, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Yes Andy, now I mixed half a tank of Joyetech USA Mix along with remaining Classically Mild which was 50/50, and the problem seems to go away, also before doing that I took out the coil with the intent of changing it, but realized the ports(Holes in the body) were still white, thus I felt the coil was OK. After mixing the two juice, I can vape without overheating, even in consecutive quick two puffs. Luckily the flavor profile of the two were almost very similar, thus I didn't see much difference in the flavor.

One thing though, am not sure how is this happening, though
        Classically Mild from Mystic Plumes was 12 MG, and even Joyetech USA Mix was 11 MG, but before mixing I did not feel much Nico hit, while after mixing I am kind of feeling the hit, does the amount of VG has a bearing on the Nico hit, since on mixing the two juices I assume the only thing happened is increase in VG in overall mixture other than the flavor itself. Please let me know your views on this.

Thanks
        Last edited by natarajc; 21-01-17, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I also get heating of atty problem, now this is with MaxVG kinda ejuice. So, now i use two tanks to address the problem

I am also playing around with the airflow & drag pattern, that also helps

Comment

Originally posted by natarajc View Post
            One thing though, am not sure how is this happening, though Classically Mild from Mystic Plumes was 12 MG, and even Joyetech USA Mix was 11 MG, but before mixing I did not feel much Nico hit, while after mixing I am kind of feeling the hit, does the amount of VG has a bearing on the Nico hit, since on mixing the two juices I assume the only thing happened is increase in VG in overall mixture other than the flavor itself. Please let me know your views on this.

Thanks
            Nic from different sources can act differently .. the combinations may also have different results .. different flavors may too have impact on throathit. So, there are a lot of things that contribute to throathit .. Gotta also keep in mind that you may not be taking in fuller hits earlier because of the coil burn issue and heat issues, now that the problem is gone, you may be doing much better fuller hits resulting in a better throathit.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/

Comment

Thanks all for the input, I have eventually changed the coil and tried the 50-50 juices, and the problem doesn't seems to occur. So in conclusion, i think high PG juice will last longer and also the coil will also last longer, but high VG is opposite. Since for PG juices like Joyetech/SMOKA it still seems to work fine, only for these 50-50 juices I got the problem. I guess wicking also plays a role since one is thinner juice while the other one is thicker.

Comment

Working...
              X