Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next step of vaping - Regulated mod or Mechanical? Please suggest!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next step of vaping - Regulated mod or Mechanical? Please suggest!

Hi all,

With my recent experience of misshap with first device I realised I need to build redundancy and backups. My first device is T18(which I am using currently after replacement) but I realise I need to move into VW/VV mods. This will permit two things for me. I will be able to try various tanks/rdas, learn building coils and wicking etc, learn about wattage/battery cycle/ohms law etc.

Although I am myself is a compsci engineer with a graduation in Electronics and have built many circuits with vero-board and 555 and transistors etc as hobby in my school and college life including hand mode DC motor rotor, but in this case I would like to learn everything from fresh. So consider me to at level 0, and please suggest.

For reliability I would like to move to Mech mods next, so need a lot learning and would not like to skip the step of vv/vw mods.

With that said I have done some research, basically would like a very reliable and durable mod under or around $50. Primary requirements
    1) durability should be good and well known
    2) should be around $50
    3) should have a range of max 50 watts since I don't do sub ohoming and primarily an mtl
    4) but should able to drive sub ohm resistance for occasional experimentation.
    5) should run on external battery preferably 18650(other battery are not much available in India). No inbuilt battery.
    6) should be able to drive kayfun/kayfun lite/taifun gt3/ digiflavor siren clones and originals
    7) should be accessable to buyable by us Indians, many good mods exists but they won't ship to us in India.
    8) should not be too overpowering as I would like to carry it outside like @office etc

In my search I came across Segelie 150 w original, but the cost is 100$+, innokin has many good stuff like CF4 and MVP but they all come with inbuilt battery which I don't want, others which are commonly suggested are Tesla invader, Dopavo, joytech cuboid...
    Also am not sure why Segelie z max minimum resistance is 1.1 ohms it was actually a very good mod and is a pen style.

Please suggest according to your experience what's the best bet for me.

Awaiting your valuable feedback before my first order @ft
    Thanks
    Last edited by natarajc; 19-02-17, 01:32 PM.

Re: Next step of vaping - Regulated mod or Mechanical? Please suggest!

On second thought MVP 2/3 looks quite a good bet. The description on their site says:

"With an awesome maximum range of 60W of vaping power, the MVP 3.0 Pro fires a full range of tank resistances, has extremely durable standard tank threading and a legendary capacity for resilience."

Which makes it tempting.

Tesla, cuboid power output is much higher than what I need.
    Last edited by natarajc; 19-02-17, 05:16 PM.

Comment

At sourcemore.com sigelei 100 w is there, but the price is 74$, am wondering is it worth? What do u guys think?

Comment

Eleaf pico should address what you are looking for imo. It has upto 75w power, accepts external 18650 battry, compact in size.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

Comment

And it is below $40 (mod only)

Comment

Thanks Bhupi, I just checked PBuserdo's mini marathon and saw the pico getting good score.

How good is the build quality, will it last on regular usage(may be alternative days)

Also am assuming it can drive kayfun etc since it is VW.

I am also eyeing Target mini? What do u think of it?

Out of Pico or target mini given a choice which one will u pick?(but offcouse target mini has a internal battery)

Comment

Oh the pico does TC also?

Comment

Hi Bhupi, the prices vary a lot at fastech it is listed from 43$ to as low as 24$, only for the mod, how to decide which one to buy?

Comment

For battery yes it does accept 18650 but i wud suggest to get it from within the forum or TGVCI. For me it was PICO to go for. It has more power delivery (75w) than target mini (40w) and accepts external battery.

It does fine job at TC. It has gud quality I have one for the last 7-8 months it is going good. Only major con is it cant take wider tanks than 22-23 mm diameter

Comment

Should have a range of max 50w and then you are looking into Sigelei 150w mod

I know man, there are way too many things and choices, it is easy to get off the track. But if you are really looking for a 150w, then just pick up that Aspire Archon 150w. You're gonna love it so much! It is lighter in weight than many single battery mods. And, it is a performer, a work horse! Plus, you get the quality of Aspire, one of the few companies that are at the top of my list.

But if you are looking for a single 18650 50w mod, then pick any of the mods that many others have suggested ..

SMY SDNA75 (<-- Evolv DNA75 chip) ($60 approx)
                    Smok AL85 ($35 approx)
                    VoTech Dagger Mod ($50 approx.)
                    Evic VTwo Mini (one with 18650 battery, not the internal battery one) ($40 approx)

These would be my selection in the priority from first to last. There may be many other mods but no need of experimenting. Just stick to the best! By the way, I'm falling for the Smok AL85 for these reasons:

1. Smok has improved their quality a lot.
                    2. Small size and compact, easy to carry in the pocket.
                    3. Can house up to 25mm atomizers.
                    4. Excellent display and temp control features.
                    5. Replaceable battery.
                    6. Onboard charging.

With any of these mods, you wont really have to upgrade for at least a couple of years. Of course, unless you get addiction to buying all the new shiny
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/

Comment

Wow Andy, great suggestion, thanks a lot, great list of the Mods, I was really not aware of all these(See experience speaks :-) ).

I am very inclined to go for Smok AL85, the size is sweet, just checking some of the review videos in youtube before finalizing.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by desibhupi View Post
                        For battery yes it does accept 18650 but i wud suggest to get it from within the forum or TGVCI. For me it was PICO to go for. It has more power delivery (75w) than target mini (40w) and accepts external battery.

It does fine job at TC. It has gud quality I have one for the last 7-8 months it is going good. Only major con is it cant take wider tanks than 22-23 mm diameter

Thanks Bhupi,thanks for letting me know the correct place to buy battery from, otherwise i could have got scammed. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Smok AL85 Video Review by The Vaping Bogan ..

Comment

Hi,

It is getting difficult to order Smok AL85, in Fastech all is in Pre-order, in sourcemore.com almost all is Pre-order, expect one which is of black & red color, but as suggested by Andy am looking for there forum to confirm that it is really available and they are not just bluffing

On the other hand I just learned about ArticFox custom firmware, which supports Eleaf devices, seems this custom firmware brings a lot of features similar to DNA chipset, did anybody tried it and can share first hand experience. If it is absolutely good and worth updating, than buying a pico and updating it with this custom firmware will also be a good bet.(Though there major feature which is profile based I am not that excited about)

Thanks
                            Last edited by natarajc; 21-02-17, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I hate Eleaf products and run away as soon as someone says Eleaf!

Swooooooooooosh **I'm Gone!**

Comment

Working...
                              X