Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some kit advice and purchase options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some kit advice and purchase options

Hi,
    I am 2 months into my vaping journey and I have a basic thread over at http://www.indianvapers.com/forum/va...general-advice

I am still a newbie but I have amassed some knowledge and experienced enough to know what I want next. If the experts here can ratify my path, it would be great to know that I am on the right track.

So as per that thread, some advice I received on reddit, I pulled the trigger on Cascade One Plus and it is a good device. Other than the greedy tank burning up my coils and juice, the vaping experience has been satisfying. More so, I am not smoking more than 1.5 cigarettes a day (on an average!). So I think that is a good achievement in of itself. So what I would like to settle on next is a proper box mod that would function as my primary device with the Cascade playing the back up. External battery mods make more sense in terms of the life I get out of the mod and I dont see a great value addition (I mean in terms of price out here!) in getting a single battery mod as opposed to a dual battery mod (at least I get more run time with 2 18650s!!). So these are the mods I am considering (after considerable research, YT hunting and the usual!!)

Mods:
    1. Smoant Cylon 4.4K (indianvapehq.com) (gearbest is 3.3K) (fasttech is 3.1K)
    2. Innokin Proton (efun.top is 76 USD) (FT is 74 USD) (too pricey locally!)
    3. Smoant BattleStar (yumvape.com is 3.3K) (fasttech is 26 USD)
    4. Smoant Charon Mini (gearbest is 3.14K) (fasttech is 46 USD)
    5. Aspire Skystar (fasttech is 59 USD) (gearbest has a bad looking one for 47 USD)

Atmoizers (preferably the primary tank with Cascade being the back up, dont want to get 2 as I want my next thingie to be an RBA!):
    1. Horizontech Falcon Tanks - fasttech is 25 USD (cant seem to find it here)
    2. Freemax Fireluke Mesh - fasttech is 25 USD (not available locally, I believe freemax is still finalising their global partners but their mesh tanks are supposed to be great!)
    3. UWell Crown (original) tank and coils (found the tank but the coils seem a rarity, cannot find the SS ones)
    4. Innokin Zenith Tank (only one vendor, pricey!)

I already bought 2 LG HG2 batteries from vapourforce and hopefully my Xstar charger should reach me from FT !!

What do you guys think? Any other gear that you would recommend?
    And most importantly - I have noted some FT and gearbest prices too but I am getting the distinct feeling (after speaking to a couple of importers of vape stuff!) that importing is a BAD idea. The risk seems great - last week my Frank Zappa CD was opened, plastic wrap discarded and then sent to me. I mean it was just a CD and I am hoping customs did not play it but it really ticked me off. And battling with a show cause is not something I want to do. So WHERE do I get these items? Very few vendors locally stock these and their prices are SKY high (the proton is almost 9K whereas the FT rate is less than half of it!!). So what would you guys suggest in terms of me sourcing this?

So to summarize I need you help in 2 primary areas:
    1. Is my short list good for mods and tanks, are there any other competitive yet well priced mods out here that I am missing?
    2. How do I procure these items locally without BURNING my entire wallet?

Please let me know your opinions and thoughts!

Peace
    Ananth

PS : The next item on my list of RBAs - so if you guys can direct me towards some material to read and prepare for the same, I would be grateful. I am in the process of gathering material from the internet but thats nothing compared to learning from the gurus directly and their certified study material

Originally posted by cannon_dt View Post
    Hi,
    I am 2 months into my vaping journey and I have a basic thread over at http://www.indianvapers.com/forum/va...general-advice

I am still a newbie but I have amassed some knowledge and experienced enough to know what I want next. If the experts here can ratify my path, it would be great to know that I am on the right track.

So as per that thread, some advice I received on reddit, I pulled the trigger on Cascade One Plus and it is a good device. Other than the greedy tank burning up my coils and juice, the vaping experience has been satisfying. More so, I am not smoking more than 1.5 cigarettes a day (on an average!). So I think that is a good achievement in of itself. So what I would like to settle on next is a proper box mod that would function as my primary device with the Cascade playing the back up. External battery mods make more sense in terms of the life I get out of the mod and I dont see a great value addition (I mean in terms of price out here!) in getting a single battery mod as opposed to a dual battery mod (at least I get more run time with 2 18650s!!). So these are the mods I am considering (after considerable research, YT hunting and the usual!!)

Mods:
    1. Smoant Cylon 4.4K (indianvapehq.com) (gearbest is 3.3K) (fasttech is 3.1K)
    2. Innokin Proton (efun.top is 76 USD) (FT is 74 USD) (too pricey locally!)
    3. Smoant BattleStar (yumvape.com is 3.3K) (fasttech is 26 USD)
    4. Smoant Charon Mini (gearbest is 3.14K) (fasttech is 46 USD)
    5. Aspire Skystar (fasttech is 59 USD) (gearbest has a bad looking one for 47 USD)
    Out of the setups you have mentioned, I'd stick to Innokin or Aspire because these two companies make nothing but awesome products. So, my suggestion would be to stick with either of those two. Smoants are fine too but if we are comparing, Innokin/Aspire win on all grounds.

Atmoizers (preferably the primary tank with Cascade being the back up, dont want to get 2 as I want my next thingie to be an RBA!):
    1. Horizontech Falcon Tanks - fasttech is 25 USD (cant seem to find it here)
    2. Freemax Fireluke Mesh - fasttech is 25 USD (not available locally, I believe freemax is still finalising their global partners but their mesh tanks are supposed to be great!)
    3. UWell Crown (original) tank and coils (found the tank but the coils seem a rarity, cannot find the SS ones)
    4. Innokin Zenith Tank (only one vendor, pricey!)
    Innokin Zenith (as I have heard) is among the top MTL atties. I would highly suggest it if you are looking for a MTL atomizer. But if you are looking for a DL (hookah type), then probably Freemax Fireluke ..

I already bought 2 LG HG2 batteries from vapourforce and hopefully my Xstar charger should reach me from FT !!
    Good thing you bought an external charger. No matter what some dumb idiots say, don't go with the mod's internal charging. Although Innokin and Aspire are awesome companies making awesome products, I would still using the external charger.

What do you guys think? Any other gear that you would recommend?
    And most importantly - I have noted some FT and gearbest prices too but I am getting the distinct feeling (after speaking to a couple of importers of vape stuff!) that importing is a BAD idea. The risk seems great - last week my Frank Zappa CD was opened, plastic wrap discarded and then sent to me. I mean it was just a CD and I am hoping customs did not play it but it really ticked me off. And battling with a show cause is not something I want to do. So WHERE do I get these items? Very few vendors locally stock these and their prices are SKY high (the proton is almost 9K whereas the FT rate is less than half of it!!). So what would you guys suggest in terms of me sourcing this?
    Get products locally. Right now, most of the vendors are clearing stocks because of Health Minister's advisory notice to the center about banning Ecigs (fucks should burn in hell for mass-murdering people by pushing us back to smoking).

So to summarize I need you help in 2 primary areas:
    1. Is my short list good for mods and tanks, are there any other competitive yet well priced mods out here that I am missing?
    2. How do I procure these items locally without BURNING my entire wallet?

Please let me know your opinions and thoughts!

Peace
    Ananth

PS : The next item on my list of RBAs - so if you guys can direct me towards some material to read and prepare for the same, I would be grateful. I am in the process of gathering material from the internet but thats nothing compared to learning from the gurus directly and their certified study material
    Buying locally is the best thing but in case no vendor is selling those items, what options do you have buddy? I'd say, try your luck with a simple atty first. And if you get the package, try to get hold of the mod and other stuff. Every package from China would take at least 20 days .. so if you have the patience, try your luck one by one. Or if you are my kind, just order everything in one go and hope that the stuff comes through without any problems.

No matter how little, there is always a level of risk when you import stuff from outside. Wishing you the best.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/

Comment

AndyK
      Thanks for the response!
      I am sorry but since I had to do something before the ban kicked in I did buy the Smoant Cylon. Good reviews all around and seemed like a good deal on indianvapehq.
      I am looking locally only but I think I need another mod. Given that what would your suggestion be in our local market.
      I ask this because I am getting into RBA. Vapemantra has 2 RTAs I am interested in (Intake and Ammit 25). So I think it is better to get another mod as a back up. So let me know your thoughts on what to get. Maybe something less powerful, not sure. Your opinion would be welcome

From your recos, the Skystar and the Proton are very expensive - maybe the Asmodus Reborn (4.8K) or the Minikin boost (4.1K)? Assuming I stick to a dual 18650 mod
      Last edited by cannon_dt; 01-09-18, 11:36 PM.
      AndyK likes this.

Comment

I will say go for a Voopoo drag(mod) if u are able to. The chip is one of the best and the mod is almost unbreakable.
        The Minikin is also a good choice.
        RTA, from the choices you have listed I will say go for the intake. But geekvape Zeus also is one of the best RTA at the moment.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

AndyK likes this.

Comment

faiyaz2005
          Thanks man ! Just that the price difference between the Voopoo and the Asmodus Reborn is insignificant. So what do you think considering it from a value for money perspective?
          The only reason I am going with the Ammit 25 and Intake is that they are very recent RTAs and they are single coil. Other than that the intake is super noob friendly and this is my FIRST rta. So god know how I would do at it
          And isnt the Zeus dual?
          Last edited by cannon_dt; 02-09-18, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_dt
            faiyaz2005
            Thanks man ! Just that the price difference between the Voopoo and the Asmodus Reborn is insignificant. So what do you think considering it from a value for money perspective?
            The only reason I am going with the Ammit 25 and Intake is that they are very recent RTAs and they are single coil. Other than that the intake is super noob friendly and this is my FIRST rta. So god know how I would do at it
            And isnt the Zeus dual?
            Can't comment on the price difference because I am in a different country at the moment, but the drag chip is the best I have found after using several mods. The drag allows huge amounts of customisations like wattage curves temp curves, it allows u to change the temperature coefficient to name a few.
            It has standard settings for a new user and then as u understand the mod u can use the advanced settings

The Zeus tank comes in single and dual coil versions. I have the dual coil version, u can use it in a single coil config too. I am going to rewick mine today, will post some pics for you. The Zeus has a top airflow so leaking issues is history for this atty

Comment

faiyaz2005
              Thanks for that, please do post some pics. I intend to pick up another atty anyway, if the Zeus is noob friendly, then I dont mind investing but then I dont want to go all in without having done any RTA ever
              I went with the reborn as I got another 7.5% discount making it super attractive, almost 1K lesser than the drag
              faiyaz2005 likes this.

Comment

New wick for Zeus. Just received my paranormal DNA 250c so the Zeus is getting ready for some "replay"
                I don't know if u can see in the pic, there are 4 slots for the coil. So if u want to use single coil u just use two slots diagonally

Comment

Wicked it

Comment

All ready for a fill

Comment

The best flavour I experienced till date

cannon_dt likes this.

Comment

Great stuff, thanks for the pics man !
                        Going to coil and wick for the very first time tomorrow on the Intake, wish me luck
                        faiyaz2005 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_dt
                          Great stuff, thanks for the pics man !
                          Going to coil and wick for the very first time tomorrow on the Intake, wish me luck
                          Let me know how it goes.

Comment

So how did it all go cannon_dt?

Would love to see the pics
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/

Comment

faiyaz2005 AndyK
                              Hey, sorry for going incognito ! Internet meltdown out here
                              Things went quite well actually speaking. For a first timer I did pretty ok I would guess but I would leave it to you to judge
                              Augvape Intake
                              I was gunning for a sub ohm resistance but I guess I ended up wrapping away to glory and ended up with (supposedly) 8 wraps leaving me with a 1.23 ohm kanthal A1 coil (first coil of my life !!) Unperturbed, I did a install on the Intake and that went quite well. Of course it was an easy deck to install on and being a single coil RTA also helped! I then proceeded to wick it (watched a ton of guides on YT, so I was pretty confident plus I know how the Intake likes very less overhang into the well!) and that was ok too !! Unicorn Milk into it and I was pleasantly surprised to see how well it tasted. First attempt - not bad right?!?!
                              Question : I am using it at 25 W for a fairly cool vape. When I try to go to 50W which is a hot vape, for the sake of experimenting I usually end up with a burnt taste. I assume this is because of the kanthal not being able to handle the watts. Is that right? I know this is a high res coil but given that I am using a regulated mod, res is irrelevant, so it has to be the wire - that was my inference anyway

Ammit 25
                              This was a more involved story. Installed the deck onto my coil master 512 and this time I made a twisted coil (yeah from scratch, using a pen !!) and it came to lovely .63 ohms. Same A1 26g kanthal. So that made me slightly happy, sub ohm coil should produce more clouds correct?!?! Problems started when I tried to remove the top cap. It did not budge. Tried the freezer technique, rubber ban technique - nothing worked, the damn thing just would not open. Then finally I decided to resort to violence - so using pliers (and a prayer to keep the tank intact) I pulled open the top cap. Then disassembly was cool and I got the coil installed and then proceeded to wick (self proclaimed master now !!).
                              Then sh*t hit the roof - super leaks ! Leaked from the air flow at the bottom, leaked all over my mod. The damn thing just would not stop leaking. Gave it a rest and then researched some more to discover that the ammit is finicky when it comes to wicking. So I saw a bunch of YT reviewers wicking their YT and them tried to emulate them. This time it worked, no leakages at all but there was a lot of spitback. But the spit back was infrequent, it was not consistent. One session would be no spit back while the next would have some. I guess I need to still wick better, thats for today ! Will try to post some pics if I can of this attempt

All in all, nice fun ! Learning a lot but I also have a lot of questions, so in case you guys have time please hear out the below questions and let me know what you think

1. I understand that resistance plays very little role in the regulated mods as everything is dictated by us as to how much power is being delivered via the wattage setting. I also understand that the crucial factors for clouds and flavour is in the surface area of the coil (hence more coil in contact with the wick) and the quality of the vaporisation rendered by the coil (more so the wire used within!). As a result it makes sense that fused claptons and all those fancy coils given their increased contact area and the quality of the wire (is this true!?) result in enhanced flavour and vapour. Now using simple kanthal A1, is not correct to deduce that I can increase the contact area by just giving out more wraps. Yes, that does increase resistance but I can always increase the watts. So theoretically, using simple round kanthal, by increasing the surface area of the coil I should be able to get the increased flavour and vapour (maybe not as much as the fancy coils but certainly comparable). But if this were the case then my 1.23 ohms on the Intake, if fired at higher watts should do well but consistently when I power that atty at 50W I get a burnt taste. This probably means that the coil is not able to keep up with the power delivered correct. So what gives?

2. I have a similar reverse question with the 0.63 ohms twisted coil. Should this again not provide advanced flavour given the increased surface area (and the fact that it is actually sub ohm resistance).

3. I think what I am trying to wrap my head around is this - how do I get more flavour and vapour in a regulated mod given that resistance plays an insignificant role. In a high resistance more wraps coil, more wattages should get the job done. As for how to build a low resistance wire, I am not even sure how to do that yet? The twisted did give me a sub ohm resitance but does that mean that a simple single wire A1 kanthal can not deliver sub ohm resistances? I assume that when the resistance is low, lower watts are enough to perform the vaporisation and give out the cloud and flavour, so at slightly increased wattages massive clouds and flavour can be obtained!

4. I know my cylon and reborn mods are really good and can deliver enough power. With my single coil RTAs can I deliver massive clouds and flavour. Or is that a pipe dream? Will moving to SS help me out here? Or fused claptons and those fancy coils? Basically I want to experiment on getting good flavour and massive clouds with my current set up - not investing any more dough

Apologies for the long post, hope you guys can help me out
                              ​​​​​​​

Comment

Welcome to IndianVapers.com!

IndianVapers.com is the top vaping forum focused to Indian Vapers and the vaping community in India. Find out where to buy eCigs in India. Ineract with like minded vapers who successfully quit smoking with the help of Vaping!

Working...
                              X