Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Smoker From BLR planning to Move to Vaping

Hi All,

A very happy new year 2017 to all of you, am from Bangalore and have been smoking from 2001 onward, have been very heavy smoker, typically 15 stinkies per day. I would like to thank all of you for this forum being there, am not sure when this forum actually started, but I as not aware of this forum in 2012. In 2012 I attempted to quit smoking by opting for E-cig, I bought one from smokefree.in but was unsuccessful and quickly switched back to Stinkies.

Recently(2016 first quarter) I saw my Father-in-law expire due to COPD, he was a heavy smoker, and have heard multiple tales regarding the same, it was unbelievable to see a healthy person reduced to such a thin and weak person due to lack of Oxygen supply. He ultimately succumbed to his demise in ICU, doctor kept him on ventilation but of no use.

I was very much shocked and decided to quit, I went cold-turkey, and was able to keep away from Stinkies for almost 1.5 month, but alas I returned to it again.
    What I learned from it, is:
    >> It is definitely possible
    >> We are beings of Habit.
    >> More than the addiction alone, I guess it is the habit of overall experience, 'Taking Break'/'Being alone with yourself'/'Walking to the shop at our lane'/'Stopping at a bakery and having a tea'/'Getting a chance to sort your thoughts out'
    >> Biggest mistake I did was I started it again.
    >> It needs a constant check, and is unnatural and has to be at back of my mind always that I have to stop myself from touching it again.

Now I would like to give one more serious try on quitting with Vaping. My last experience on Ecig was not that great due to:
    1. Not enough vaper volume.
    2. I used 8 MG nicotine with Malboro flavor, but still fealt that the volume of vapor was not good.
    3. I never fealt throat hit with these Ecig.
    4. Drag was not rally anything close to real one, it was a very loose drag, and it fealt like I am sucking air.
    5. Another annoying thing was not able to tell when the Battery is down or Juice is not there, the device was not reliable in this respect.
    6. Battery didnot last long enough, infact I noticed that, when the battery is fully charged, the experience was close enough, atleast with respect to vapor production, and I would have sticked to it if it remained consistent. But unfortunately within couple of puffs the intensity reduces.

At that time I was not aware of such veping Mods and devices other than Cigalike. Although down the line 1-2 years I saw the existence of such devices in internet, but was not sure where to buy them from, since there was no Indian seller and I was not aware of FastTech and such.

Thats why a thanks goes to this forum members, since with you guys there I came to know that it is possible to buy such devices directly from China.

That said, my current situation is such that I would like to buy a device which really makes me fall in love with it. I have done a lot of research, in this forum and also outside, what I fealt was:

1. Top three devices to start with and most recommended for MTL 'Endura T18', 'Aspire Nautilus Mini', 'Kangertech sub mini'
    2. On researching each and individual one in detail I found, 'Aspire Nautilus' sometimes people complaint about Burnt Taste and Leaks
    3. Same with Kangertech sub mini, I found the Leaking problem is in existence.
    4. For Endura T18 and aslo T22 I found always very good reviews, everywhere.
    5. But In reddit I found about T22 being leaky.

My selection criteria was mainly:
    >> Should be MTL
    >> Should have tight drag
    >> Should have very good Vapor production.
    >> Should not be sub-ohm

So considering the all, I decided to get myself a T18.

I would like to buy

• A T18 kit
    • 1 Spare T18 Tank
    • 10 Spare T18 coils
    • Hangseng tobacco(Malboro, Indian Tobaco) flavored Juice for 18 MG, 12 MG [Hope T18 works with this, I did not get any info about what should be thinkness or thinness of eliquid which would work good on T18)
    • Some other flavored juice, either Coffee or Bakery(Cakes)(Since I like those most) of 12 MG and 6 MG.

Though I have decided, but I would still like all of you to express views about my plans. And one more thing:

>> I read in one of the forum post that fasttech has stopped shipping e-liquids to India, so who could be an alternative supplier with reliability and pricing points.
    >> Also I am from Bangalore, and since it is banned in karnataka, shall I receive it in my parents place in Kolkata and ask them to courier it to Bangalore, will this help, or the risk remains same.
    >> Also I have not done much research on e-liquid, as a matter of fact, there are too many flavors, too many makes, too many options so I am very confused. Also it should work with T18, so please suggest. I have seen good reviews for Smoka Turkish Gold, why is it so? Is it really good. What other tobaco flavored e liq you recommend.

Finally I am aware that finding your ideal device takes some experimentation, and I am ready to do it and give my self some time and money for this.

Thanks
    Your valuable inputs, encouragement, fueling up is anticipated.
    Last edited by natarajc; 02-01-17, 03:41 PM.

Re: Heavy Smoker From BLR planning to Move to Vaping

Originally posted by natarajc View Post
    >> Also I am from Bangalore, and since it is banned in karnataka, shall I receive it in my parents place in Kolkata and ask them to courier it to Bangalore, will this help, or the risk remains same.
    On second thought, I think it is wiser to receive it at Bangalore, since I am staying here, if I need to run around to customs I can do it, for my kins in Kolkata, it could be difficult.

No body replied till now, I am anxious to here from members of this group.

Comment

Hello nataraj. Welcome to the community. on th quick notes innokin endura t18 is a gud choice. in the absense of this tank you can also go for EGO One or EGO AIO. these two are also god MTL setups.

I'll try to adress everything in your original post once I get hold of my PC. its easier to write on PC ;-)

Very Happy that you decided to quit the butts of stinkies.

Cheers!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks desibhupi, am little worried about ordering from Fasttech, given the situation and after reading the some of the Forum posts in Legal section, I was little worried. Also in one of the Andys post as how to order from Fasttech he suggested to use Paypal, so I need that as usual. Very tempted to go ecigindia HSR layout, and buy something instantly instead of waiting for 15 days, it is a shame that we do not have vape shop in India like US, and that too they are banning this.

Originally posted by desibhupi View Post
        Hello nataraj. Welcome to the community. on th quick notes innokin endura t18 is a gud choice. in the absense of this tank you can also go for EGO One or EGO AIO. these two are also god MTL setups.

I'll try to adress everything in your original post once I get hold of my PC. its easier to write on PC ;-)

Very Happy that you decided to quit the butts of stinkies.

Cheers!!!

Comment

Hey natarajc

You can join the facebook community "the great vaping community of india" and can look out for sale posts by various reputed sellers. you may also find many indian online vape stores that are quick to ship stuff

Comment

For tobacco flavors you can choose anything from the below:
            Ciggalicious from epuffs.in
            Classic Mild and Marlboro from mysticplumes.com

both of these juice vendors are reputed ones. You can also find different eliquid as per your palate preferences.
            Apart from these, as I mentioned above TGVCI (https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...apingCommunity) is a good community group on FB.

If you don't mind waiting for 3-4 weeks (or more sometimes) Fasttech and other chinese vendors e.g. gearbest, heavengifts, cvapor and 3fvape etc. are cheap and best options.

But if you can't your only bet is to get the stuff from indian sellers (online e.g. epuffs, mysticplumes and indivape etc.) and offline sellers selling through this forum and FB group.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks desibhupi, let me join the group and see if I can found some offline seller. I am also researching ego aio, thanks for suggesting it. I think a EGO AIO should be around 3K+ around from Indian seller. Lets see. Thanks for suggesting the eliquids, I will check them out. Do you have any experience of Smoka eliquid, like Smoka Marco Polo, or Smoka Wrangler, how are they?

Comment

Hey natarajc, I have used both Smoka Marco Polo and Wrangler along with other Smoka eliquids. In fact I started vaping with Smoka elequids but would not recommend these. I found Smoka eliquids are on the very much harsher side while other are smooth.

You may start with 9-12mg strength with 50-50 PG-VG strength (where available). This combination should give you optimum throat hit and gud flavors. I'd strongly recommend that you order juices with mixed strengths and combinations to start with. It will give you the idea about your vaping style and preferences. AND your next order will be more pleasurable.

Hope it helps

Comment

Thanks desibhupi, I will check out the route suggested, I have also joined TGVCI group, yet to be approved, still in pending state, hope I can find some good sell offer.

Thanks a lot again, offcourse it helps :-)

Comment

Hello natarajc,

Thanks for sharing your journey, it's moving. Feel sorry to know about your dad, if he knew about vaping, things could have been different. Anyway, let's save what we can, your health! It is great that you are researching and Innokin kit looks good. With 1000 MAh battery and MTL vaping, it should last whole day. However, one word of caution, never leave ego type batteries (pen style batteries) on charging overnight.

Bangalorians are importing stuff and it is coming through. You may have to pay duty but you will get the stuff if you order from China (FT, etc).

Regarding eLiquids, ePuffs.in guys are from Bangalore, you can get in touch with them through TGVCI (your request to join will be approved soon, if not already approved). I have been a little sick since last few days and pretty busy with stuff, other TGVCI admins are taking care of the new requests.

There are other good kits by the way .. if you go for a box mod, the options are unlimited. Box mods like the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini, Smok One Nano, etc. There are many box type good quality mods. But if you like to stick to only pen style, then desibhupi bro has already mentioned AIO, Ego One, etc. But I would rely on Innokin more than other companies. Simply because Innokin is a great company and have very little complaints about their products. They are pretty trustworthy in terms of quality!

For eLiquids, we have many sellers within India. If you setup some sort of deal with them, some sort of monthly subscription, I'm sure things can work out for you. Check the eLiquids section on this forum bro, you will find many sellers within India now.

All the best!
                    Regards.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/
                    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/indianvapers

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks for reply, was hoping to hear from you since I read a lot of your posts all around. Yes Innokin kits are good no doubt, that was the reson of my choice.

And it was not my Dad, he was my Father-in-law who was a chain smoker and suffered from COPD, fortunately my Dad never smoked in life.

So now I would like to give a full swing effort to quit the analog. Its good to know that epuff are from Bangalore, I will try to contact them psychically. I am very much inclined to get Endura T18, lets see.

I do not have any preference for Pen style stuff, actually I don't know this as yet, since I never tried both kind :-), but why do yo say we should not leave this for whole night charging, thats a problem as well as a tip, thanks.

But you do mention many other setups, Joyetech Evic VTC Mini, Smok One Nano. Are these good for MTL. I am particular about MTL since I am a smoker and in past also tried Ecig which I found very airy. Have seen some members mentioning Digiflavor Siren GTA MTL tanks, not sure how are those.

The point is since I am spending quite a lot of money, I might as well spend 2k more and get myself a good one. So wanted to see all options.(Considering the risk of getting it from China)['You have also mentioned in another post to keep the value of a single shipment less than 30$, but how is it possible if the kit cost more']

Thanks a lot for suggestion on Eliquids part, since if I want to be a regular vaper, the next important thing after the kit itself becomes e-liquid. I have seen in some places they also suggest to have a spare tank and ample coils.

Am but confused about the coils, how many coils are required generally. Say I smoke 15 stinkes per day( 15 & 8 Puffs ~= 120 to 150 Puffs ). So how many days it would last. I will have to order spare coils as well.

I think I do not want to move to RBA/RTA right now, that is the next step.
                      Last edited by natarajc; 04-01-17, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Let me go in a bit detail. You may already know this but I'll again repeat. There are two parts to eCigs .. One is the battery and the other is the atomizer. The battery can be anything .. pen style or box mod style. The only difference between a pen style or a box style is that boxes can have bigger batteries. Whereas, you will be limited to 1000 MAh or so with a pen style (unless the pen is fat like eGo ONE).

These days, only 510 connection mods and atties are coming out. No more other connector style 808 and all. So, any atomizer with a 510 connector can hook up to a battery (pen style or box style) that has a 510 connector.

There are a few benefits to going for a box style ... More power, more battery, more of everything. And box style are a little more reliable than the pen style. Also, in case battery in a box goes bad, you can always take it out, throw away and put a new battery in the box. You can't really do that in a pen style mod because the battery is just soldered inside. Unless you are good at messing with electronics/electrical stuff, it may be a daunting task to fix a pen style or any mod with inbuilt battery.

You don't have to buy the whole kit when it comes to a box mod. You can simply buy a Joyetech Evic VTC Mini mod, get a couple of 18650 batteries. Then buy any atomizer of your choice, the options are endless. You can even hook up a Nautilus Mini to the VTC mini mod. I'm just giving you examples.

Another benefit of a good box mod is that you wont have to upgrade your kit in the near future. A good box mod with VW/TC options (Variable Wattage, Temperature Control) can be good if you ever wished to step up on your vaping style.

Now to your question about leaving a mod charging overnight .. these are electronics and you never know what comes. It is best to put them to charging in the evening and remove from charger before hitting the bed. Or do it any time of the day when you can observe and remove from charger when the battery is fully charged. There are rumors about battery going bonkers when left charging overnight, so lets play safe

About DGFlavor Siren GTA MTL tank .. I'm not too sure. I would suggest searching that atty on FT and read reviews left by other users. Also, do read discussions on that atty at FT. That should give you an idea if it is a good atty or not. That atty will hook up fine on the Joyetech VTC Mini by the way

For the coils part ...... a bit tricky question. Coils have a lifespan and the lifespan depends on many factors ......

1. Type of eLiquid used (dark eLiquids like coffee, chocolate, etc gunk up the coils faster)
                        2. Higher VG (Vegetable Glycerine) eLiquids also tend to gunk up the coil faster but you don't have much an option there
                        3. The frequency of vaping. If you are a chain-vaper, you are going to gunk up the coils much faster.

Normally, one coil should go fine from 7 days to 2 months. There are people who have to change their coil every week and there are people who take good care of their coils and the coil works fine for months.

How to take good care? Just make sure to clean the coil head once in every few (3 or 4) days with warm water. That should remove some gunk (if not all). When I was on pre-made coil heads, I would just put the coil head under the tap's water jet. That used to clean some gunk. And then I would leave the coil head overnight to dry out. In order to do this, I would use 2 coil heads alternatively.

There are many other methods .. I even learned to rebuild those coil heads .. I was using the MT3 coil heads back then (around 2011). But now I'm entirely on rebuildables .. Rebuildables are muchhhhhhh better. But yeah, it takes a lot of learning to understand what's what. Wont suggest you that right away, it's gonna be a bit too much for you to grasp on to.

I hope I've answered all of your questions. Please feel free to ask more

Regards.
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/
                        YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/indianvapers

Comment

Thanks Andy for the detailed answer. Let me order my stuff and start then I will come back.

Comment

What's New & Hot?

Collapse

Best Beginners Kit Aspire Zelos 50w with Nautilus 2 - The best Beginner's Kit for New Vapers!
                          Working...
                          X