Announcement

Collapse

Latest Discounts and Offers

HeavenGifts 30% off Sitewide for Retail Customers!
HeavenGifts 15% off Special Sale for Wholesale Clients!
HealthCabin 10% off Coupon Code INDIANVAPERS sitewide! Shop and save!
HILIQ 12% off Coupon code INDIANFORUM for eLiquids and DIY Liquids!
GearBest 15% off Coupon Code ECIG15OFF! Save money on Vapegear!
See more
See less

Health Issues We Are Facing With Vaping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndyK
    started a topic Health Issues We Are Facing With Vaping

Disclaimer: The point of this thread is, "Let's share any issues we're facing with vaping". By no means this thread is initiated to spread scare of any sort, but for remaining realistic and sharing our experiences with other vapers to help ourselves & others in their vaping journey.

[hr]

I started off with eGo battery and clearomizers. the journey was pretty satisfying and I was excited to know that I could give up on harmful cigarettes. However, in due course of time I learnt about mech mods, rebuildables, sub-ohming and all higher wattage mods. My juice consumption was way too less when I switched to vaping but now there's hardly any control over how much juice some of us are guzzling each day.

I have talked about the health problems that I've had to deal with because of intake of VG/PG .. So I tried eLiquids from known vendors and have always bought my DIY stuff (VG, PG, Nic, flavorings, etc) from the US or the UK. I just wanted to make sure that I get good quality stuff so that my health remains good.

However, VG has done some damage .. raised my TG (Triglyceride) levels, played around with my lipids profile a lot. Why I have singled out VG is because whenever I go down on the VG content in my eLiquids, things begin to fix and my health improves. My TG levels become normal and my lipids profile also fixes up.

We all are different and things affect us differently. Some may complain issues with PG, some may say that they need to lower the nic content in their eLiquids. So there's no hard and fast rule to what can cause the problem. Perhaps, my sedentary lifestyle is to be blamed because I work from home. May be that is the reason why things affected me in this way.

By no means I'm trying to say smoking wouldn't have done all this. Smoking could have done much worse and I'm still extremely thankful that I switched over to vaping and quit the cancer-sticks for good. I'm just trying to say, it would have been much better for me to stick with eGo sticks and clearomizers. I think that is the route I'm gonna take soon. Will be giving up on my rebuildable atties (RTAs and RDAs) and will stick to some good clearos like the Nautilus Mini Clearomizer or alike.

• Astro
    replied
    2 years back when I completely quit smoking and started vaping after a month I noticed that I was able to breath better and I was much more active in day to day activities only problem I face with vaping is with nicotine. I had itchy scalp when I was smoking and I still have it now when I am vaping nicotine eliquids but this problem wasn't there when I was vaping 0mg liquids so guess this problem is because of nicotine other than that no problems with vaping

remember everyone drink a glass of water after you vape because vaping causes dehydration and high pg liquids causes more dehydration many problems are caused because of previous medical history and dehydration

Stay hydrated and keep vaping

Leave a comment:

• sreejinair
    replied
    Re: Health Issues We Are Facing With Vaping

Hey.... I've been vaping since 1 week and I've developed very bad itching and very tiny bumps in groups on arms mostly... The itching however is through out the entire body... Did you have itching? I just started vaping and didnt try MTL... now I think I should quit DTL and start MTL.... I also read that high VG juice has this effect on some people.... I think I'm going to have to order 50/50 juice... all the juice I have are high VG.... Hope your condition improved...

Originally posted by Jayk View Post
    I've had a few problems too, putting it down here.

The reactions started about a month ago. A peculiar rash / inflammation would erupt on my body, no place in particular. Historically had a history of high cholesterol levels, so had started on organic concentrated green tea capsules. With the onset of these inflammations, decided to get my tests done again. Surprisingly, my cholesterol levels were under control, but my liver function tests were a small area of concern, with higher than normal sgpt sgot levels. On a particular vape meet, showed the inflammation due to Dr Sushant, a respected member of our community. He said it was due to my heavy lung hitting / subbing with high vg juices. Since i dont generally sweat, the oils from the vg seem to have got into my blood stream resulting in these inflammations. Was advised to refrain from chain vaping and lung hitting with heavy vg juices. Was prescribed antihistamines along with the general vitamins n stuff. Reduced my vaping to an hour per day, yet subbing tho, and the inflammations came under control. Today is the 2nd day that i am free from the inflammatory nightmares. Seems I have no choice but to go back to m2l vaping. Health

Sent from my HTC Desire 826 dual sim using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• shawnsharma
    replied

well i do not know how to post a pic , but here is the link of what i am using .

https://www.healthkart.com/sv/now-omega-3/SP-9281?navKey=VRNT-14295&itracker=w:searchresults|;p:3|;cmega%203%20capsules%20now|;e:24|false|;

I got it cheeper though from my local vendor but still its not that highly priced , but the effects of it on our body are affluent.

Thank You

Leave a comment:

• shawnsharma
    replied

Hello guys just here for some input ..
    With green tea capsules , taking Omega 3 on a regular basis will do you wonders .
    Everything will be right on track i am not promoting this stuff but its very good for health, it will reduce the TG ratio.
    and thats not it it will maintain the cholesterol level, well here is the link.

http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-hi...blood-pressure

take 3 capsules daily after having your food , i will post the picture of which i am using .

Hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• ssp11
    replied

Or Just take a break from vaping. Too much nicotine in the body can make you feel drowsy-ish.

Never take a break from vaping Dusty. Lol

Leave a comment:

• hillsnipe
    replied

Also if anyone is noticing fatigue from vaping, take some B12 and cod liver or fish oil containing DHA and EPA omega 3s. Will help a tonne. And cause an overall increase in energy, efficiency and mood !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or Just take a break from vaping. Too much nicotine in the body can make you feel drowsy-ish.

Leave a comment:

• kray
    replied

Hi guys,

I am having this dry cough and few times i am coughing out little bit of black gunk. From diffrent posts, I know this might be the case of my lungs starting to clear out the long deposited tar.

My question is, is there any way of speeding up this process? Means is there some food/drinks/exercise that may help in clearing out this faster?

As for me, I started vaping 2 months back and have returned to playing tennis daily since then. The coughing only started a week back and I seem to cough more at medium wattages (20-25) as compared to low (8-17). I am mostly 50-50 on pg/vg.

Just wanted to know others experience when they started vaping.

Leave a comment:

• ssp11
    replied

Also if anyone is noticing fatigue from vaping, take some B12 and cod liver or fish oil containing DHA and EPA omega 3s. Will help a tonne. And cause an overall increase in energy, efficiency and mood !

Leave a comment:

• ssp11
    replied

Hi guys. I have been vaping for over a month now. Initially I had gotten 18mg and soon noticed I used to get dizzy and stuff. (I used to smoke 0.5 PAD). Soon came down to 12mg. And within a week 6mg. It's here that I have found my sweet spot. One problem that I have is slight desensitization of tongue. I'm not sure if this is coz of the PG/VG or coz of some hot drops spurting out of the vape onto my tongue at times.
    Second thing I have noticed is something I get reduction in focus and reaction times. I'm not sure if this is coz the nicotine is high or some other reason.
    The last problem is if I chain vape for a hour or 2 before bed, the morning are the worst kind of hangover. As if I drank that entire bottle of Gold Label.
    The solution to this as I have found is simple: stay hydrated!! vaping totally dehydrates u. So if u r vaping, keep sipping water alongside and almost all problems disappear.

as for the inflammation and itching that some people r noticing, I talked to several doctors, they all said that dehydration can cause these issues as toxic concentrations build up faster (check if u r pissing more green/yellow than usual)

So stay hydrated!! And happy vaping !

Leave a comment:

• Vikesh79
    replied

More then the components I feel temperature sensitivity might be the issue as I like to do warm LH's and attrish's tip has helped me relieve a bit
    Thanks for the tip

Leave a comment:

• MensRea
    replied

Sounds like your gums are getting irritated by the components of the juice. Most likely either the PG or the nicotine. Have you tried 100% VG juices? Also vitamin C and B deficiencies can cause gum issues.

Leave a comment:

• Vikesh79
    replied

[quote author=attrish link=topic=1086.msg12806#msg12806 date=1446954575]
    Try toothpaste for sensitive teeth or any herbal paste as it has best of both worlds. Ease of using herbal in form of paste & benefits of dantmanjan.

Along with it use unfiltered/organic coconut oil as mouthwash.

[/quote]
    Will try it and post the effects soon.
    Thanks yogesh

Leave a comment:

• attrish
    replied

Try toothpaste for sensitive teeth or any herbal paste as it has best of both worlds. Ease of using herbal in form of paste & benefits of dantmanjan.

Along with it use unfiltered/organic coconut oil as mouthwash.

Leave a comment:

• Vikesh79
    replied

I've quit smoking a month back and been vaping since a couple of months. I had dental problems related to my gums (especially lower gums) A general problem of weak gums.
    Off late I have been noticing a slight pain in my gums while taking every single puff and exhaling too.

While smoking this thing never happened although i have quit smoking ciggs, but once in a blue moon i have shisha and while shisha puffs and exhales there is no pain!

So my condition boils down to only vaping
    I vape 70/30 juices @6mg
    Tried 0mg, tried shuffling vg/pg ratio but the mild pain continues.
    One thing Ive noticed the cooler the vape the lesser the pain but it persists...

Will consider my dentist soon regarding this

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

Leave a comment:

Working...
X