Announcement

Collapse

Latest Discounts and Offers

Buy One Aegis Mod and Get Five Free Killer Deal! Limited Time!
IPV 2 and IPV 2S 60W Mods for just $9.99
Latest Labor Day Deals to save on VapeGear and eLiquids
Full Kit + Battery + Eliquids @Rs 3,999/- from ePuffs.in for New Vapers. Excellent deal!
Get SXK Shark 60w Mod for $15. Limited time offer! Excellent offer!
HeavenGifts 15% off Promo Code IVAPER15 for Entire Store! Save Money!
HealthCabin 10% off Coupon Code INDIANVAPERS sitewide! Shop and save!
HILIQ 12% off Coupon code INDIANFORUM for eLiquids and DIY Liquids!
GearBest 15% off Coupon Code ECIG15OFF! Save money on Vapegear!
See more
See less

Import Laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Laws

Does anyone know what are the import laws in India? Any restrictions on importing goods? What's the value of goods you can import without the need of a license?

One of my friends just got banged by customs. He received some papers from customs that state:

"Offence - Import of goods by post without the coverage of valid import license contravention of sec 3 to the foreign trade (development and Regulation) act 92 propsed action under customs act 62 Issue of SCN reg"

Not sure what to do. Does anyone know what can be done in this situation? The goods are just an OHM meter and a Nitecore charger.

Would appreciate any help a lot.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/

Re: Import Laws

Seems like a show cause notice - thats all i can make out. Where is your friend staying?
    I believe that items for personal usage doesnt need any license. How many pieces was he importing ?

Comment

shit bro, which customs office is it? just for nitecore charger all this fuss?

Comment

As per my knowledge there is no restriction on import in small quantities for personal use unless it's a banned item

Comment

Yes, exactly what anand said. Otherwise there would be no fedex/dhl/ups.
          But a show cause notice can be sent - i read somewhere ( dont remember where ) someone received a notice and replied & got his goods.

Comment

UltraFire Battery Casex3
            Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip w/ Heat Insulation Baseline total
            Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarette (50-Pack)
            *SALE* Launcher V2 Telescopic Mechanical Modline
            Pre-Coiled Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (50-Pack)
            32AWG, 1.5ohm, 30*30mm(Tightly Coiled)
            Authentic Sigelei Variable Wattage Kick Module for Mechanical Modline total
            2-in-1 Combo Tester (Ohm Meter + Volt Meter) for E-Cigaretteline
            Flow C4 Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tipline
            Hobo Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizerline
            Stainless Steel + POM 510 Drip
            NITECORE D2 2-Slot Digital Battery Charger w/ LCD Display Screenline

Thats all the stuff i have stuck @ customs !!! =/ and the letter i recieved from customs is for the charger and the ohm meter

Kochi Customs !!!

Comment

Oh, sorry to hear abre.
              All these items you had shipped together or different shipments stuck ?

Comment

Damn I think you will need to present the purchase invoice and a declaration that these are for personal use. There are some agencies who help sort out customs issues. Not sure about them though. Google?

Sent from my H300 using Forum Fiend v1.3.

Comment

all together unfortunately :-\

Comment

I suggest you contact the customs office. In my opinion they will ask you to declare its for personal use and charge customs duty.

Comment

[quote author=anandm link=topic=167.msg1878#msg1878 date=1419709076]
                      I suggest you contact the customs office. In my opinion they will ask you to declare its for personal use and charge customs duty.
                      [/quote]

Will he need to declare the value of goods too? What value can/should he declare? Should he under-value the goods or should he declare the true value? These are the questions on my mind. He will have to pay duty, that's for sure but can we help him save some money?

Comment

They will charge duty as per the value they think is right. I don't think they will ask for the value declaration

Comment

I guess in these parts they put customs duty & directly send it for delivery.
                          I was going through some of the ems orders i placed ( which i have received ).
                          In the history i can see that there is a row in which it says Mumbai ems centre retention reason : prohibited items.
                          Then finally it gets delivered.
                          Strange!!

2014-12-19 16:52
                          INDIA, Noida H.O, Deliver item (Inb), Air, MUMBAI EMS SPEED POST CENTRE
                          2014-12-19 14:46
                          INDIA, Noida H.O, Deliver item (Inb), Air, MUMBAI EMS SPEED POST CENTRE
                          2014-12-18 14:05
                          INDIA, Noida H.O, Unsuccessful item delivery attempt (Inb), Air, MUMBAI EMS SPEED POST CENTRE
                          2014-12-18 12:54
                          INDIA, Noida H.O, Receive item at delivery office (Inb), Air, MUMBAI EMS SPEED POST CENTRE
                          2014-12-17 17:19
                          INDIA, DELHI, EMS SPEED POST CENTRE, Send item to domestic location (Inb), Air, SPC NOIDA
                          2014-12-17 15:17
                          INDIA, DELHI, EMS SPEED POST CENTRE, Return item from customs (Inb), Air, MUMBAI EMS SPEED POST CENTRE
                          2014-12-17 11:06
                          INDIA, DELHI, EMS SPEED POST CENTRE, Record item customs information (Inb), Air, MUMBAI EMS SPEED POST CENTRE, Retention reason : Prohibited articles
                          2014-12-12 09:53
                          INDIA, MUMBAI EMS, Send item to customs (Inb), Air, CED NEW DELHI (FOR CUSTOM CLEARANCE)
                          2014-12-12 08:35
                          INDIA, MUMBAI EMS, Receive item at office of exchange (Inb), Air, MUMBAI EMS SPEED POST CENTRE
                          2014-12-05 14:51
                          CHINA, GUANGZHOU EMS, Insert item into bag (Otb), Air, MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE
                          2014-12-05 13:11
                          CHINA, GUANGZHOU EMS, Send item abroad (EDI-received), Air, MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE
                          2014-12-03 18:18
                          CHINA, 518021, Receive item from customer (Otb), Air, MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE

Comment

Hi abre,
                            is the issue sorted out?
                            Did u get your liquids?

Comment

I was wondering too and really hoping you got your stuff from customs. Please keep us informed what's going on Abre. If there's anything we can help with, please do let us know.

Comment

Working...
                              X