Customs and Shipping Break-Up ****HiLiq****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs and Shipping Break-Up ****HiLiq****

This post will help you in understanding the charges that would incur once you have made a purchase from HiLiq.

Before we begin getting with the calculations, would want to mention that HiLiq is an awesome brand with quality e-liquids, I am fairly new to vaping and have tried several juice brands in the last 3 months, which includes imported US as well as some Indian made e-liquids. It is on this forum I found them and have never been thankful enough. Even though they have simple flavours it just feels good quality, far more better than what I was vaping.

Lets begin with the calculations, for explanation purpose consider your HiLiq order value around 1000 INR (Excluding the shipping charges)

So your customs duty will be calculated at 10% (Basic Duty Charge) of the order value = 100 INR
    There will be a 28% IGST charge on the Order Value + Customs Duty = 308 INR
    There will be a 2% ED CESS charge on the customs duty amount = 2 INR
    There will be a 1% SHE CESS charge on the customs duty amount = 1 INR

Your total amount to be paid to the customs (Customs Duty + IGST + ED CESS + SHE CESS) = 411 INR

There is a second part that is applied to your charges that most are not aware about which is applied by DHL for handling fee.

Flat Handling Fee = 500 INR
    18% IGST applied on the handling fee = 90 INR

So total Amount that will have to be paid to DHL once your order is delivered will be (Customs Duty + IGST + ED CESS + SHE CESS) + (DHL Handling Fee + IGST) = 1001 INR

Below are a few FAQ's that I have answered for new vapers planning to order from HiLiq

Q.
    Can we avoid the customs duty or DHL charges like other websites?
    A. No. HiLiq only uses DHL for shipping to India and DHL makes sure you pay your customs duty, it can only be changed if HiLiq provides other shipping channels. On the upside you will have your order in 5-6 days max, HiLiq ships the order the very next day and DHL shipping is very quick ( Don't take my word, I live in a metro it may differ if you stay in remote areas)

Q. How does HiLiq compare in terms of value?
    A. My first order from them was for 2374 INR ($37) for 2x100 ml eliquid including shipping + 1019 INR in customs & taxes coming upto a total of 3393 INR, my last bottle was a Bazooka Sour Straws for 3599 INR from an indian reseller. So technically I did save money, but the concept is to place an order for more juice as that will help in keeping the shipping lower. Ex. if you buy 3x100ml or 4x100ml the shipping charges are the same. The DHL shipping mostly works on box dimensions so being an indian i try to squeeze in a few 30ml or 60ml bottles along the 100ml ones to get more liquid with the same shipping charge.
    Overall even if you want to try them out do what I did and order 2x100ml bottles of eliquid that you like and place a bigger order next time, which is what I did today as they have a free shipping offer for Indian Vapers Only!!!
    Also if you are worried about the customs charge on your order just speak to their customer service , they may help you out.

Q. How did I like them from the first order?
    A. Like any self made vaper did a lot of research found the mod I would like, the tank I would want and experiment around. The only area I was depressed was finding good eliquids, tried almost 6-7 brands in the last 3 months. Threw away almost 100ml of juice, for a beginner thats a lot of juice, came across this forum reached out to AndyK but like any newbie out there was hesitant to buy from a new name I had come across, felt the same for Fasttech too. Now I save a lot of money ordering from Fasttech and will save a lot of money on my ejuice as well. If you are afraid, dont take a leap of faith because I say so but just order a small amount and check for yourself.

Today after writing such a long post for the first time I sincerely believe that vaping has become my passion and will to stay away from cigarettes.
    nktvys, IndiaVapes and 6 others like this.

What a beautifully written article man! Very informative and precisely answers all questions related to shipping, customs and ordering from Hiliq.

This should be very helpful to vapers in India. Sharing this post on Facebook

Thanks for taking the time to share this useful info bro!
    desibhupi, Kushal and 3 others like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/

Comment

Very well conveyed bro. Such articles will definitely help people understand and adopt vaping.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

AndyK, Kushal and like this.

Comment

Thanks AndyK & vaperbeing

Comment

Very Informative , Thanks for sharing Vikrant

Comment

nice article bro. I can very much relate to it. Hiliq are my All Day vapes. I do have Indian ejuice they are good but for me as an MTL vaper Hiliq ejuice is best suited to me at 3mg 50/50 rations.

Comment

vikrantshukla
              Very informative article.

No offense bhai, there's some change there in the calculation of basic duty charge 10% of 1000 = ₹100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hemzvapes View Post
                vikrantshukla
                Very informative article.

No offense bhai, there's some change there in the calculation of basic duty charge 10% of 1000 = ₹100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thanks for higlighting, Will get it updated

Comment

Hello everyone, I know this is an old thread, but was wondering something.

I’m into the PVC chemical industry and often have to send Liquid samples to my customers abroad, which are usually 1 to 5 litres. What I do is make an invoice of $1-$3 and write “FREE SAMPLE, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”, in bold and big fonts, on the invoice itself. This enables my clients acquire the samples without having to pay the duty in their country. Is it possible for to do something like this with HiLiq, as the total volume will be less than 2-3 liters at max? will it work? I've asked the same question to their support team as well and I'm waiting for their answer, but obviously they wouldn't be aware of how things work in India. So any thoughts from you guys will be much appreciated??

I really want to order from HiLiq, as they are the only ones selling a proper Malboro flavor (both concentrate and premade), and have great reviews about them as well!! Being a heavy smoker, I would really like to taste these, but the cost is a killer!!

Comment

Hello and welcome Bhavil bhai.

I would be interested to know this too but in India, feels like there is no law at all. Customs can charge even on $5 value stuff and they have done that a lot of times with my packages from outside of India. As per their documents (I read them somewhere, can't be really arsed to find those documents since I'm not ordering from outside anymore), up to Rs 2000 packages, they charge 10% and from 2000 to 50,000 they charge 41% customs duty. On some items like concentrates, they can charge up to 150% or even more. Why? Pata nahi bhai. Ma***dar***d chor hain saale.

Doesn't matter what they put on the package .. customs charges duty even on free stuff that merchants send as samples. Well, customs evaluates the value of the package by default and doesn't matter if those are samples or not, they will charge a duty. In fact, I believe, DHL/Fedex/etc want that to happen so that they can charge "clearance charges" from a customer. If the duty is Rs 450, you wont be paying Rs 450 .. you will end up paying Rs 450 + Rs 500 clearance charges + GST .. and that will come to some Rs 1000+ ... Why? Because DHL/Fedex/etc are haramkhor chor!

Sorry, I'm filled up all the way against these madarchod thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyK View Post
                      Hello and welcome Bhavil bhai.

I would be interested to know this too but in India, feels like there is no law at all. Customs can charge even on $5 value stuff and they have done that a lot of times with my packages from outside of India. As per their documents (I read them somewhere, can't be really arsed to find those documents since I'm not ordering from outside anymore), up to Rs 2000 packages, they charge 10% and from 2000 to 50,000 they charge 41% customs duty. On some items like concentrates, they can charge up to 150% or even more. Why? Pata nahi bhai. Ma***dar***d chor hain saale.

Doesn't matter what they put on the package .. customs charges duty even on free stuff that merchants send as samples. Well, customs evaluates the value of the package by default and doesn't matter if those are samples or not, they will charge a duty. In fact, I believe, DHL/Fedex/etc want that to happen so that they can charge "clearance charges" from a customer. If the duty is Rs 450, you wont be paying Rs 450 .. you will end up paying Rs 450 + Rs 500 clearance charges + GST .. and that will come to some Rs 1000+ ... Why? Because DHL/Fedex/etc are haramkhor chor!

Sorry, I'm filled up all the way against these madarchod thieves.
                      Hahaha... Feel like you had a bash in with them just before writing this !!!!

agreed on the state of laws though... Its completely fucked up here....
                      you have stopped buying this from outside?? That must be really hard on the pocket for you?? Meko toh fasttech se khareede ke baad bhi lagta hai ki Shit!! iss mahine kitna kharcha kar liya mene!!!

Coming to the point. I was thinking of it in this way because of my factory and the fact that I'll be ordering it to my factory only. I think maybe they see the address of an "Industry" instead of an individual, it might make a difference. In the past few months i've ordered a shit load from aliexpress and never had a problem with any of my products except for once recently when i ordered 2 18650s. But i got a refund for that so no harm, no foul. In fact it being thru DHL makes it better coz DHL will have to comply to the value of the product. and paying duty on $5 is any day better than paying duty on $50!!

Anyways this was just a though, may actually experiment and order something under $30 and see if this trick works. But first the HiLiq people need to reply to me, they haven't yet .

One more thing Andy, any Idea on Nic suppliers in India. The best deal I could find uptill no is on vapekart.in : 100mg/ml strength Rs. 650 for a 100ml bottle.
                      https://vapekart.com/nicotine-usp.html
                      Everyone else's is costlier

Comment

I didn't really have any luck with local Nic but please do not take my word on that. You will definitely have to try different places. Whenever I used to order (I have stopped using nic entirely and on zero nic now), I would simply order pure 30ml bottle from Hiliq and keep ready 270ml PG (or VG) in a 500ml Borosil Bottle ready. As soon as I used to get the Nic bottle (30ml comes through), I would make sure to wear my Nitrile Gloves and Eyes Protection Glasses and just tumble over that 30ml bottle in 270ml PG or VG to make 300ml 100mg Nic. Job well done!

Comment

Oh by the way, the price Vapekart is charging for 100ml 100mg is veryx2 good. I know the owner of that site, he's a good guy with heart in the right place. He's well known and trusted fella.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyK View Post
                            I didn't really have any luck with local Nic but please do not take my word on that. You will definitely have to try different places. Whenever I used to order (I have stopped using nic entirely and on zero nic now), I would simply order pure 30ml bottle from Hiliq and keep ready 270ml PG (or VG) in a 500ml Borosil Bottle ready. As soon as I used to get the Nic bottle (30ml comes through), I would make sure to wear my Nitrile Gloves and Eyes Protection Glasses and just tumble over that 30ml bottle in 270ml PG or VG to make 300ml 100mg Nic. Job well done!
                            Ok, I didn't understand this calculation, whats the strength on the 30ml you would get?? also.. i think they have discontinued the 30ml nic bottle, only available ones start from 100ml (100mg/200mg options).

Comment

You still can get what you want, just have to ask them

Send a message to Bartosz .. he is here on the forum in the Hiliq subforum .. he will assist you.

30ml pure is 1000mg ... Add 270ml no-nic VG or PG to it, it will tone down to 300ml of 100mg .. that's simple math brother.

30ml 1000mg ===> 300ml 100mg (if you add no-nic 270ml VG or PG) ===> 3000ml 10mg (if you add further 2700ml no-nic VG or PG to 300ml 100mg)

Comment

Working...
                              X