Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Sale

FastTech Sitewide 10% Off!
2 of 2 < >

Latest Discounts and Offers

HeavenGifts 30% off Sitewide for Retail Customers!
HeavenGifts 15% off Special Sale for Wholesale Clients!
HealthCabin 10% off Coupon Code INDIANVAPERS sitewide! Shop and save!
HILIQ 12% off Coupon code INDIANFORUM for eLiquids and DIY Liquids!
GearBest 15% off Coupon Code ECIG15OFF! Save money on Vapegear!
See more
See less

DIY E-juice Query - HELP !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY E-juice Query - HELP !!!

Hi Andy,

I appreciate your help on getting me started and having my problem resolved [emoji2]

I had a feeling that I may have to change the RDA on my Dripbox 160 but now it seems okay to me, wherein there is no rush or desperation to change it or get another one. I had Eagle Sub-ohm tank in my mind if I were to go for a replacement, and I was clear that I will go with a pre used one since I am not willing to spend a lot further, so maybe if find something under 1000 bucks, I might go for it [emoji48]

Also wanted to get into DIY for E-liquids for myself, so wanted to confirm regarding some reliable PG/VG and Fruit Concentrate seller, or how to identify of what&#039;s being sold is appropriate to be used for e-liquids, so then I will know if it is safe to be bought from local reliable sellers. I am not sure if sellers create a hype/hoax to scare people who want to get into DIY about PG/VG &amp; Food concentrate and its quality. As per my understanding, if it&#039;s certified food grade then it should be alright. Also not sure about Food Concentrate, yesterday Sahib was like that food concentrate available here are meant for food articles, baking etc. But then is there food concentrate which is different and specific for E-liquids, I doubt that. Why is firangi PG/VG considered better, while most of the products are manufactured elsewhere, then exported to US/Europe, branded/certified and sold worldwide at a hefty price [emoji78]

Since you are pretty old with this Vaping thing, you must be aware about facts related to it, keeping all the hype and misinformation aside. So guide me about PG/VG &amp; Food concentrate, because I am someone who enjoys DIYs, and also I don&#039;t wish to be spending 1000-2000 rupees every 2 weeks for e liquids. I would want to create blend of fruity flavours, mint+fruit blends, Creamy+ Coffee/chocolatey, and few others to start with. I have seen the videos and believe it&#039;s could be done if one has right ingredients, and patience to get it right.

So share some gyaan on this with me.
    Also share your whatsapp number if you feel comfortable about it, for it will be easier for one on one interaction in a better way, apart from forum !

A huge THANKS in advance, for it might revolutionize the vaping scene nationwide, for there might be many who might wanna do it themselves, but may not be as sure about information which I have inquired about [emoji4]

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Re: DIY E-juice Query - HELP !!!

[quote author=vicky_crispy link=topic=3325.msg24058#msg24058 date=1477413450]
    Hi Andy,

I appreciate your help on getting me started and having my problem resolved

I had a feeling that I may have to change the RDA on my Dripbox 160 but now it seems okay to me, wherein there is no rush or desperation to change it or get another one. I had Eagle Sub-ohm tank in my mind if I were to go for a replacement, and I was clear that I will go with a pre used one since I am not willing to spend a lot further, so maybe if find something under 1000 bucks, I might go for it [/quote]

I have a couple of used Clearomizers with coils (check the Want To Sell section) but I like that you are trying to master the one you already have that came with your Kanger DripBox! It is good to understand your device and experiment enough with it before moving to something else.

Also wanted to get into DIY for E-liquids for myself, so wanted to confirm regarding some reliable PG/VG and Fruit Concentrate seller, or how to identify of what&#039;s being sold is appropriate to be used for e-liquids, so then I will know if it is safe to be bought from local reliable sellers. I am not sure if sellers create a hype/hoax to scare people who want to get into DIY about PG/VG &amp; Food concentrate and its quality. As per my understanding, if it&#039;s certified food grade then it should be alright. Also not sure about Food Concentrate, yesterday Sahib was like that food concentrate available here are meant for food articles, baking etc. But then is there food concentrate which is different and specific for E-liquids, I doubt that. Why is firangi PG/VG considered better, while most of the products are manufactured elsewhere, then exported to US/Europe, branded/certified and sold worldwide at a hefty price
    What Sahib bhai told you, came out of lots of experience. Food concentrates are not that well-filtered and most of those concentrates are oil based too which is NOT good for vaping. Concentrates that are manufactured solely for vaping are well-filtered and oil-free. Now something important, people may tell you about the Diacetyl bullshit, do not fall for that. All the popcorn lungs bullshit, don&#039;t fall for that. Ignore that part in concentrates, because it is all a hoax spread by some anit-vaping propagandists.

But yeah, concentrates manufactured solely for vaping are better filtered, oil-free, etc.

To get going with DIY, you can buy VG/PG/etc from Sahib bhai. Or, you can buy from www.diysupplies4you.com and there are a few other places too. However, there are other places you can buy from too. I buy from www.Hiliq.com ... don&#039;t ask me why lol.

Since you are pretty old with this Vaping thing, you must be aware about facts related to it, keeping all the hype and misinformation aside. So guide me about PG/VG &amp; Food concentrate, because I am someone who enjoys DIYs, and also I don&#039;t wish to be spending 1000-2000 rupees every 2 weeks for e liquids. I would want to create blend of fruity flavours, mint+fruit blends, Creamy+ Coffee/chocolatey, and few others to start with. I have seen the videos and believe it&#039;s could be done if one has right ingredients, and patience to get it right.
    The simplest and most-effective way to go with DIY is to finalize a few recipes from sites like www.e-liquid-recipes.com ... Once you have finalized a few recipes, note down the concentrates needed for those recipes. Just buy only those concentrates. Drop out any recipes that involve concentrates from various different companies. Stick to those recipes that have concentrates from just one company (for eg., TPA, Inawera, Capella, etc).

How to get those concentrates? That&#039;s a painful question. Many of those companies do not send stuff to India, like, Capella does not ship to India. You may have to use a third-party shipper (also known as &#039;Forwarder&#039. Or, perhaps you can check on this site www.flavourella.com and/or perhaps check in the Facebook community if anyone is selling those concentrates that you need.

There are many approaches to DIY. If the above does not work, simply buy any concentrates and make your own mixes. Remember this rule of thumb:

If your mix did not turn out great, DO NOT throw it away! Keep it in a dark corner for a month to two and then try to vape it. You may get a pleasant surprise!

Also share your whatsapp number if you feel comfortable about it, for it will be easier for one on one interaction in a better way, apart from forum !

A huge THANKS in advance, for it might revolutionize the vaping scene nationwide, for there might be many who might wanna do it themselves, but may not be as sure about information which I have inquired about

Let&#039;s discuss here only, our conversation may help many more new vapers

Regards.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/

Comment

[emoji106] [emoji111]

Comment

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=3325.msg24072#msg24072 date=1477449368]
        [quote author=vicky_crispy link=topic=3325.msg24058#msg24058 date=1477413450]
        Hi Andy,

I appreciate your help on getting me started and having my problem resolved

I had a feeling that I may have to change the RDA on my Dripbox 160 but now it seems okay to me, wherein there is no rush or desperation to change it or get another one. I had Eagle Sub-ohm tank in my mind if I were to go for a replacement, and I was clear that I will go with a pre used one since I am not willing to spend a lot further, so maybe if find something under 1000 bucks, I might go for it [/quote]

I have a couple of used Clearomizers with coils (check the Want To Sell section) but I like that you are trying to master the one you already have that came with your Kanger DripBox! It is good to understand your device and experiment enough with it before moving to something else.

Also wanted to get into DIY for E-liquids for myself, so wanted to confirm regarding some reliable PG/VG and Fruit Concentrate seller, or how to identify of what&#039;s being sold is appropriate to be used for e-liquids, so then I will know if it is safe to be bought from local reliable sellers. I am not sure if sellers create a hype/hoax to scare people who want to get into DIY about PG/VG &amp; Food concentrate and its quality. As per my understanding, if it&#039;s certified food grade then it should be alright. Also not sure about Food Concentrate, yesterday Sahib was like that food concentrate available here are meant for food articles, baking etc. But then is there food concentrate which is different and specific for E-liquids, I doubt that. Why is firangi PG/VG considered better, while most of the products are manufactured elsewhere, then exported to US/Europe, branded/certified and sold worldwide at a hefty price
        What Sahib bhai told you, came out of lots of experience. Food concentrates are not that well-filtered and most of those concentrates are oil based too which is NOT good for vaping. Concentrates that are manufactured solely for vaping are well-filtered and oil-free. Now something important, people may tell you about the Diacetyl bullshit, do not fall for that. All the popcorn lungs bullshit, don&#039;t fall for that. Ignore that part in concentrates, because it is all a hoax spread by some anit-vaping propagandists.

But yeah, concentrates manufactured solely for vaping are better filtered, oil-free, etc.

To get going with DIY, you can buy VG/PG/etc from Sahib bhai. Or, you can buy from www.diysupplies4you.com and there are a few other places too. However, there are other places you can buy from too. I buy from www.Hiliq.com ... don&#039;t ask me why lol.

The simplest and most-effective way to go with DIY is to finalize a few recipes from sites like www.e-liquid-recipes.com ... Once you have finalized a few recipes, note down the concentrates needed for those recipes. Just buy only those concentrates. Drop out any recipes that involve concentrates from various different companies. Stick to those recipes that have concentrates from just one company (for eg., TPA, Inawera, Capella, etc).

How to get those concentrates? That&#039;s a painful question. Many of those companies do not send stuff to India, like, Capella does not ship to India. You may have to use a third-party shipper (also known as &#039;Forwarder&#039. Or, perhaps you can check on this site www.flavourella.com and/or perhaps check in the Facebook community if anyone is selling those concentrates that you need.

There are many approaches to DIY. If the above does not work, simply buy any concentrates and make your own mixes. Remember this rule of thumb:

If your mix did not turn out great, DO NOT throw it away! Keep it in a dark corner for a month to two and then try to vape it. You may get a pleasant surprise!

A huge THANKS in advance, for it might revolutionize the vaping scene nationwide, for there might be many who might wanna do it themselves, but may not be as sure about information which I have inquired about

Let&#039;s discuss here only, our conversation may help many more new vapers

Regards.
        [/quote]
        So basically there is no reliable desi seller who is selling the base VG/PG and Food concentrate which is good enough for making E-liquids for Vaping. AFAIK, foreign maal is more of hype than anything, and mostly it may be someone desi or from chine exporting the stuff over to US/Europe, where it gets branding/bottling to be sold at hefty prices. My concern is that what is an average appropriate price for good quality VG/PG per 500 ml or Litre. What quantity of flavour concentrate shall be procured, because flavour is usually 10% to 15% of the entire recipe, rest is PG/VG and sweetener, or Nicotine for people who want nicotine.
        In desi terms, normal apple retails for 60 rs per kg, Shimla apple retails at 80 per kg, Manali apple retails at same price, Kashmiri apple retails at 120-130 per kg, and wax coated sticker wala videshi (Thai/New-Zealand) wala apple retails at 250 rs per kg. Btw there is no authenticity to which apple is grown where, be it bottom line apples, or be it top of the line videshi apple. It&#039;s all about lure I believe, because since I had a Kashmiri friend who owned apple orchid, he told me 90% stock gets exported because there is nothing better than a real Kashmiri apple. It&#039;s aromatic, very flavourful and simply amazing. (He gave me 2 which he got from his hometown, I kept them in my fridge and within few hours my fridge had fragrance of an apple which remained for few days) [emoji39]
        Anyway, getting back to the point, what I meant is what is least &amp; best reasonable price for these ingredients VG/PG and Concentrates. Are desi sellers really not good enough ? I don&#039;t mean resellers, but the source or manufacturers. I am not going to consider the Diacetyl shyatt, but also what about certification of the VG/PG while buying, how much does that matter in terms of the quality of product. Since quality is overrated, and many people confuse/scare other people in name of quality, etc. [emoji16]

Would importing via a forwarder accrue any duty or any other issue whatsoever. My brother is based in Chicago, IL, US, Another in Doha, and my best friend is a freight forwarder who has been in business for a decade, hence he has thick contacts in Customs nationwide. But is importing or buying from a firang seller is the best answer to all grocery (DIY products) requirements, or you have figured a desi manufacturer who produces excellent quality stuff and retails for better pricing. [emoji14]

I would wanna ask you &quot;why do you order from www.Hiliq.com [emoji78]

Comment

[quote author=vicky_crispy link=topic=3325.msg24112#msg24112 date=1477493089]

So basically there is no reliable desi seller who is selling the base VG/PG and Food concentrate which is good enough for making E-liquids for Vaping. AFAIK, foreign maal is more of hype than anything, and mostly it may be someone desi or from chine exporting the stuff over to US/Europe, where it gets branding/bottling to be sold at hefty prices. My concern is that what is an average appropriate price for good quality VG/PG per 500 ml or Litre. What quantity of flavour concentrate shall be procured, because flavour is usually 10% to 15% of the entire recipe, rest is PG/VG and sweetener, or Nicotine for people who want nicotine.[/quote]

I never talked about &quot;reliability&quot; .. I simply mentioned that &quot;I buy from Hiliq.com&quot;. That&#039;s my personal choice, I can buy from wherever I wish to. Never said anything about quality of stuff Indian sellers are selling.

VG/PG are available as low as Rs 60 a liter but there is a grading system in place. Technical grade is dead cheap but not suitable for vaping. Then there&#039;s USP grading .. then there&#039;s &#039;kosher&#039; factor stating that the VG was made from plants and not from animal fats .. then there&#039;s Ecocert certification for organic VG. Based on the certifications, VG may cost from Rs 60 a liter to Rs 650 a liter.

In desi terms, normal apple retails for 60 rs per kg, Shimla apple retails at 80 per kg, Manali apple retails at same price, Kashmiri apple retails at 120-130 per kg, and wax coated sticker wala videshi (Thai/New-Zealand) wala apple retails at 250 rs per kg. Btw there is no authenticity to which apple is grown where, be it bottom line apples, or be it top of the line videshi apple. It&#039;s all about lure I believe, because since I had a Kashmiri friend who owned apple orchid, he told me 90% stock gets exported because there is nothing better than a real Kashmiri apple. It&#039;s aromatic, very flavourful and simply amazing. (He gave me 2 which he got from his hometown, I kept them in my fridge and within few hours my fridge had fragrance of an apple which remained for few days)
          VG/PG wont give any sort of fragrance, so you cant really judge by fragrance lol. Jokes aside, you will need to find a lab that can test VG/PG and that is the only way to figure out the true quality of VG/PG/Flavoring.

Anyway, getting back to the point, what I meant is what is least &amp; best reasonable price for these ingredients VG/PG and Concentrates. Are desi sellers really not good enough ? I don&#039;t mean resellers, but the source or manufacturers. I am not going to consider the Diacetyl shyatt, but also what about certification of the VG/PG while buying, how much does that matter in terms of the quality of product. Since quality is overrated, and many people confuse/scare other people in name of quality, etc.
          Tell me something, if Kashmiri apples are red and some other place apples are red too, how would you judge which one is better? Both give the same sort of fragrance too, how would you judge? One costs Rs 250 per KG and the other costs Rs 100 per KG.

Considering all the cloning and shit (injections, wax and what not) people are doing, which one will you buy? Let alone yourself, if you have kids and they are the one going to eat the apples, which one will you buy? Let&#039;s say, a few rehdi-walas assure you that there is no difference in the Kashmiri and other place apples, which one will you buy?

If we sort of survey people, half will buy Rs 100 one and half will buy the one priced at Rs 250. What did you understand from the example?

Would importing via a forwarder accrue any duty or any other issue whatsoever. My brother is based in Chicago, IL, US, Another in Doha, and my best friend is a freight forwarder who has been in business for a decade, hence he has thick contacts in Customs nationwide. But is importing or buying from a firang seller is the best answer to all grocery (DIY products) requirements, or you have figured a desi manufacturer who produces excellent quality stuff and retails for better pricing.
          I buy from places that are 200% trustworthy. I don&#039;t give a crap if I have to spend 10x but I don&#039;t want any doubts. Don&#039;t want even a small little thought bugging me if my decision was right or wrong. Call me over-cautious or whatever, that&#039;s the way I am

Comment

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=3325.msg24113#msg24113 date=1477495647]
            [quote author=vicky_crispy link=topic=3325.msg24112#msg24112 date=1477493089]

So basically there is no reliable desi seller who is selling the base VG/PG and Food concentrate which is good enough for making E-liquids for Vaping. AFAIK, foreign maal is more of hype than anything, and mostly it may be someone desi or from chine exporting the stuff over to US/Europe, where it gets branding/bottling to be sold at hefty prices. My concern is that what is an average appropriate price for good quality VG/PG per 500 ml or Litre. What quantity of flavour concentrate shall be procured, because flavour is usually 10% to 15% of the entire recipe, rest is PG/VG and sweetener, or Nicotine for people who want nicotine.[/quote]

I never talked about &quot;reliability&quot; .. I simply mentioned that &quot;I buy from Hiliq.com&quot;. That&#039;s my personal choice, I can buy from wherever I wish to. Never said anything about quality of stuff Indian sellers are selling.

VG/PG are available as low as Rs 60 a liter but there is a grading system in place. Technical grade is dead cheap but not suitable for vaping. Then there&#039;s USP grading .. then there&#039;s &#039;kosher&#039; factor stating that the VG was made from plants and not from animal fats .. then there&#039;s Ecocert certification for organic VG. Based on the certifications, VG may cost from Rs 60 a liter to Rs 650 a liter.

In desi terms, normal apple retails for 60 rs per kg, Shimla apple retails at 80 per kg, Manali apple retails at same price, Kashmiri apple retails at 120-130 per kg, and wax coated sticker wala videshi (Thai/New-Zealand) wala apple retails at 250 rs per kg. Btw there is no authenticity to which apple is grown where, be it bottom line apples, or be it top of the line videshi apple. It&#039;s all about lure I believe, because since I had a Kashmiri friend who owned apple orchid, he told me 90% stock gets exported because there is nothing better than a real Kashmiri apple. It&#039;s aromatic, very flavourful and simply amazing. (He gave me 2 which he got from his hometown, I kept them in my fridge and within few hours my fridge had fragrance of an apple which remained for few days)
            VG/PG wont give any sort of fragrance, so you cant really judge by fragrance lol. Jokes aside, you will need to find a lab that can test VG/PG and that is the only way to figure out the true quality of VG/PG/Flavoring.

Anyway, getting back to the point, what I meant is what is least &amp; best reasonable price for these ingredients VG/PG and Concentrates. Are desi sellers really not good enough ? I don&#039;t mean resellers, but the source or manufacturers. I am not going to consider the Diacetyl shyatt, but also what about certification of the VG/PG while buying, how much does that matter in terms of the quality of product. Since quality is overrated, and many people confuse/scare other people in name of quality, etc.
            Tell me something, if Kashmiri apples are red and some other place apples are red too, how would you judge which one is better? Both give the same sort of fragrance too, how would you judge? One costs Rs 250 per KG and the other costs Rs 100 per KG.

Considering all the cloning and shit (injections, wax and what not) people are doing, which one will you buy? Let alone yourself, if you have kids and they are the one going to eat the apples, which one will you buy? Let&#039;s say, a few rehdi-walas assure you that there is no difference in the Kashmiri and other place apples, which one will you buy?

If we sort of survey people, half will buy Rs 100 one and half will buy the one priced at Rs 250. What did you understand from the example?

Would importing via a forwarder accrue any duty or any other issue whatsoever. My brother is based in Chicago, IL, US, Another in Doha, and my best friend is a freight forwarder who has been in business for a decade, hence he has thick contacts in Customs nationwide. But is importing or buying from a firang seller is the best answer to all grocery (DIY products) requirements, or you have figured a desi manufacturer who produces excellent quality stuff and retails for better pricing.
            I buy from places that are 200% trustworthy. I don&#039;t give a crap if I have to spend 10x but I don&#039;t want any doubts. Don&#039;t want even a small little thought bugging me if my decision was right or wrong. Call me over-cautious or whatever, that&#039;s the way I am
            [/quote]
            Those were just questions, not from the perspective of what&#039;s obvious thing to do, but to get more information, wherein a pro individual might know the facts which aren&#039;t known to amateurs. Of course it&#039;s a common psychology that &quot;If its expensive then it&#039;s ought to be best quality&quot;, but how about the fact that someone might exploit the very psychology by providing mediocre stuff for expensive pricing with attractive packaging.
            Anyway, what was good to know is the different grade of VG/PG &amp; food concentrates which were to be kept into consideration while buying. A reseller buys raw material from a &quot;source&quot;, and sells further for a legitimate profit. I meant if there are such local sources from where USP Koscher grade VG/PG may be procured.
            I will keep the advice about steeping process in mind, and will experiment with few recipes shortly. If something turns out to be good then may share the same with fellow vapers. Appreciate all the help brother. Cheers [emoji41]

Comment

[quote author=vicky_crispy link=topic=3325.msg24118#msg24118 date=1477513093]

Those were just questions, not from the perspective of what&#039;s obvious thing to do, but to get more information, wherein a pro individual might know the facts which aren&#039;t known to amateurs. Of course it&#039;s a common psychology that &quot;If its expensive then it&#039;s ought to be best quality&quot;, but how about the fact that someone might exploit the very psychology by providing mediocre stuff for expensive pricing with attractive packaging.
              Anyway, what was good to know is the different grade of VG/PG &amp; food concentrates which were to be kept into consideration while buying. A reseller buys raw material from a &quot;source&quot;, and sells further for a legitimate profit. I meant if there are such local sources from where USP Koscher grade VG/PG may be procured.
              I will keep the advice about steeping process in mind, and will experiment with few recipes shortly. If something turns out to be good then may share the same with fellow vapers. Appreciate all the help brother. Cheers

[/quote]

Those were good questions you asked. However, one thing I did not really like. You asked me a question but at the same time, you gave an answer and expressed your thoughts about pricey stuff. When you ask a question, you wait for an answer bro and then you express your thoughts.

Expensive doesn&#039;t always mean best quality, I agree with you. However, I don&#039;t look at the price. As I mentioned earlier, I don&#039;t care about the price I have to pay for something that goes in my lungs. I &quot;check everything&quot;before I buy.

Indian sellers refuse to send MSDS, COA, Certifications, etc. That said it all!

Only one person has so far sent COA of their stuff to me and that&#039;s Mr. Srinivas Rajendran. The other trusted fella is Ali Murtaza Zaidi who shared everything about the ingredients he uses to make his eLiquids.

I must have asked for COA and certifications from tens of sellers in the community. Asked for it even from some of the post popular eLiquid sellers but they refused to share COA in a worry that their trade-secret will be out who they buy from.

When a customer asks for MSDS, COA, certifications, etc., it is their right to see it before they go ahead and push the Checkout button. If you don&#039;t show me those certifications, I wont buy. It is that simple. If I have to import from outside, I will. But I will NOT put unknown shit in my lungs and wont even send that sort of shit to anyone else.

The thing is, I paid almost Rs 3500 a liter for 1 liter VG from Hiliq.com (including shipping, customs, etc). If I were to buy 1 liter of flavored eLiquid, would have paid at least Rs 20,000 (considering 10ml is priced at Rs 200).

1 liter VG from a trusted place - Rs 3500
              1 liter PG from a trusted place - Rs 3500
              Inawera Flavor concentrates - Let&#039;s say Rs 10000

The total is Rs 17,000

So Rs 17,000 for 2 liters of DIY eLiquid ......... vs ......... Rs 40,000 for 2 liters of flavored eLiquid. I&#039;m saving a lot

Comment

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=3325.msg24121#msg24121 date=1477541635]
                [quote author=vicky_crispy link=topic=3325.msg24118#msg24118 date=1477513093]

I will keep the advice about steeping process in mind, and will experiment with few recipes shortly. If something turns out to be good then may share the same with fellow vapers. Appreciate all the help brother. Cheers

[/quote]

Those were good questions you asked. However, one thing I did not really like. You asked me a question but at the same time, you gave an answer and expressed your thoughts about pricey stuff. When you ask a question, you wait for an answer bro and then you express your thoughts.

Expensive doesn&#039;t always mean best quality, I agree with you. However, I don&#039;t look at the price. As I mentioned earlier, I don&#039;t care about the price I have to pay for something that goes in my lungs. I &quot;check everything&quot;before I buy.

Indian sellers refuse to send MSDS, COA, Certifications, etc. That said it all!

Only one person has so far sent COA of their stuff to me and that&#039;s Mr. Srinivas Rajendran. I must have asked for COA and certifications from tens of sellers in the community. Asked for it even from some of the post popular eLiquid sellers but they refused to share COA in a worry that their trade-secret will be out who they buy from.

When a customer asks for MSDS, COA, certifications, etc., it is their right to see it before they go ahead and push the Checkout button. If you don&#039;t show me those certifications, I wont buy. It is that simple. If I have to import from outside, I will. But I will NOT put unknown shit in my lungs and wont even send that sort of shit to anyone else.

The thing is, I paid almost Rs 3500 a liter for 1 liter VG from Hiliq.com (including shipping, customs, etc). If I were to buy 1 liter of flavored eLiquid, would have paid at least Rs 20,000 (considering 10ml is priced at Rs 200).

1 liter VG from a trusted place - Rs 3500
                1 liter PG from a trusted place - Rs 3500
                Inawera Flavor concentrates - Let&#039;s say Rs 10000

The total is Rs 17,000

So Rs 17,000 for 2 liters of DIY eLiquid ......... vs ......... Rs 40,000 for 2 liters of flavored eLiquid. I&#039;m saving a lot
                [/quote]
                That&#039;s quite meaningful and &quot;to the point&quot; information, something I was looking for, since I am about to make some investment myself. The COA is something I will keep in mind before buying, and also if it&#039;s organic, usp+kosher grade PG+VG.
                What are the specifics/credentials to keep in check while going for flavour concentrates ? And what quantities are good to begin with if one gets started with 500 ml of VG &amp; PG. I mean e-liquids are usually a blend of different flavour concentrates mixed with base ingredients PG/VG &amp; Nicotine (for people who prefer nicotine), right ? And the quantity of flavour used to prepare e-liquid is like maybe 10-15% of the total quantity being produced ? Any prominent base flavour which is utilized in most of the flavours being experimented upon, like vanilla, creme or mint maybe ? What flavours do you use the most in your liquids [emoji78]

How much average time does it take for an e-liquid to get ready to be used ?

I do ask questions and at times express what I felt, in order to justify the doubt which prevails about that question, which maybe gives the addressee an opportunity to understand questioner&#039;s prerogative about the question, and hence clarify/educate accordingly. Also, I am a little impatient, excuse that. LOL [emoji39]

I appreciate your patience and enthusiasm to provide apt and informative response to my queries, which shall help many amateur vapers to a great extent [emoji106] [emoji111]

Comment

The thing is, I can answer questions but that will not help you altogether unless you research. DIY of any kind takes time and experimentation. I can however answer basic questions ..

Inawera concentrates do not require more than 5% addition. I have tried mixing more but the flavor gets way to strong &#039;for me&#039;. So the calculation is very simple .. If you are mixing even 10% (let&#039;s say you like more flavor), 10ml concentrate bottle can make you 100ml flavored eLiquid. For 500ml, you would require 5 bottles at the most.

The best approach to DIY in my opinion is to finalize a few recipes (www.e-liquid-recipes.com) and buy concentrates based around those recipes. Try to stick to those recipes that do not require heavy mixing and/or concentrates from various different companies. Try to stick to those recipes that require concentrates from only one company.

There is another approach .. Just buy any concentrates that you think you would like (Coffee, chocolate, apple, banana, etc) and mix just single concentrate. There are many such concentrates that come out good when eliquid is made out of just one concentrate.

Another approach, is to be a mad scientist and try making your own recipes. It works sometimes and it turns out a disaster at other times. No matter how your mix turns out, never throw it away. Keep it in a dark corner for a month to two and then be ready for a surprise. Ideal time for steeping in my opinion is one month. After a month&#039;s time, the flavors pop out pretty nicely.

DIY is all about what works the best for you. Nobody can tell you what you should make and how you should make. It is all about doing it yourself and deciding what works and what doesn&#039;t.

All the best!

Comment

Alright, I shall move on to finalizing upon procurement part now. Shall report as and how things progress all the way to the end. Will try and post some pictures and videos as things proceed. And hopefully when I am done and if things turn out to be good, I may send out a sample as a gesture of gratification, and as a toast for success. Thanks a tonne for all the information brother, really appreciate it 🤘

Comment

You are welcome bhai.

Comment

i have been following this thread since the beginning and even before when the squonker was not working. its a going to become a good resource of information for the Juice DIYers wheather noob or experts.

looking forward to the experiments and their respective results. kudos to both of you guys

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote author=desibhupi link=topic=3325.msg24208#msg24208 date=1477704570]
                          i have been following this thread since the beginning and even before when the squonker was not working. its a going to become a good resource of information for the Juice DIYers wheather noob or experts.

looking forward to the experiments and their respective results. kudos to both of you guys

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                          [/quote]

And that&#039;s the reason why I requested Vicky bhai to ask questions on the forum and not on Whatsapp .. everybody learns a thing or two when we discuss on a public forum openly

Comment

Working...
                          X