No announcement yet.

Subtank Mini airflow controller stuck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subtank Mini airflow controller stuck?

By a comedy of errors I ended up with 2 pricey Authentic Subox Mini kits, one of which is up for sale. The one I opened and have been trying to use since yesterday seems to be defective.

Subtank users - is a lot of force required to turn the airflow controller, cause my fingers are now hurting and I have barely been able to move it. I have tried rubber bands and the thing just wont turn. Is there any special strategy to use.

I have opened a ticket but given this is China that will take at least another month to ship a new base, so I will then have to open the second Subox Mini box, and given thanks to the earlier mentioned comedy I already have an iStick 60w tc and a kayfun 3.1 that will be too much kit. Any ideas?

Re: Subtank Mini airflow controller stuck?

A quick tip. I don't remember reading this anywhere but when trying to use the RBA unit of the Subtank Mini there is a tiny screw on the side that you need to loosen to access the build deck.

DO NOT use the provided screw driver as its too small and you run the risk of ruining the screw. If it doesn't unscrew easily do not force it. Mine was a bit tight and I ended up ruining the screw trying to use the provided screw driver.

Using a slightly larger screwdriver and it should come out easily. Also you do not need to unscrew this completely, and if you do its tiny and easily lost. Just loosen this and the pipe covering the build deck will come out.

Comment

Strange .. I've never had any issues with 10 or so Subtank Mini clones. I guess, you bought the original, probably that's the reason to the problem? Oh well, just kidding. I know how it feels. I've sent at least 10 shipments back to FT so far and it's nothing but annoying.

You should be glad that you wont have to send anything back, FT will send a base on it's own
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/
      YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/indianvapers

Comment

Subtank Mini airflow controller stuck?

I agree abt the screw. I couldnt start using the RBA for weeks bcuz the damn screw wouldnt just come off! Finally did it with screwdriver set from Amazon. Also, the airflow is slightly tight but after some usage its ok. Flavor on RBA is heavenly though [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try lubricating the base with some eliquid drops .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@andy - you have dexterous hands. I have an affinity to go in with all guns blazing and breaking things

@attrish - I tried lubricating it with eliquid but no go. The thing is completely jammed.

I had to resort to serious measures and lacking a plier used the kitchen 'pakad'. I had to grip the base and then try turning the afc section and it took a lot of force but did turn in bits.

I ordered 2 suboxes, this is the white one and I noticed there is some white paint in the afc holes section so maybe that's the problem. I have seen a youtube video of the base being dissembled but you need some tools and tact and I will probably break it.

Comment

I finally got around to getting this to work and actually trying the Subtank mini. Man we have come along since the Evod and iClear 16.

Folks were not joking about the nic levels. I had got used to 24mg liquid with older generation kit, but with 18mg on the Subtank mini you get a buzz very quickly.

The flavours really come through. The vapour is warm and flavourful, the draw is loose and you get tons of vapour. I like it.

The newer vertical occ coils cannot be rebuilt it seems. I already ruined the 1.5ohm one tinkering with it. The 1.2 ohm at around 15W is quite buzzy with 18mg to the point of a headache so not vapable. Need to go down to 12 or 6 I think.

Comment

Working...
              X