Announcement

Collapse

Site Maintenance

Good day members,

The forums were unexpectedly down for about 3 hours on May 27th due to some server error. The site is up and running now. If anyone is unable to see the forums or can see the forums but can't post, please clear your browser's cache. Clearing the browser cache will solve the issue. Please let your friends know about this too since some members cannot access the forum because of the errors.

Thanks and regards,
Andyk.
See more
See less

[Review] NextGen Genesis Atomizer Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] NextGen Genesis Atomizer Review

Hi guys, i don't write review usually, but this one is a bit special

I got a "NextGen" from FT 2 weeks ago: https://www.fasttech.com/product/229...-tank-atomizer . It's a Infinite/SXK clone. GB has the other one (Yeahsmo), for 14 and 13 USD respectively.

The atty is gorgeous, very small for its 5ml capacity. I like the simple look, brushing finish, no logo. It has glass and brushed steel bottom tank sections. It comes with a 2 parts drip tip, i wish it were few mm taller.

But, the real beauty is inside. Basically, it's a pressure based feeder (like a Kayfun and extended family). Still, most people would say it's a genesis. Well, for me it's a real innovative design, from 3 sources: genesis for a top chamber, Kayfun for the leakproof design, and Inax for the center post. The result is a unique design.

The wicking: the intake from the tank is at the bottom through a pipe in the center with 2 small holes. The liquid is sucked up to the chamber when a puff is taken. The tube acts like the juice/wick channels in a KF, creating a porous "cork". It works, and really well! I think got 3 dry hits the first week, and none since (like anything, it works better once it knows its user ). Downside: it's mainly for SS mesh, because the wick has to wrap around the center post. As long as the mesh has been torched enough, it's simple and effective.

The chamber: it is a tiny cylinder of the diameter of the 510 drip tip and kinda float in the middle of the atty. It is held in place by the tube which sucks the juice, and 4 air paths. The geometry of the middle section of the tank made me think of one of my favorite destination, check this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...i%2C_India.jpg . That's a superb piece of machining.

Air flow: there are 4 options, you select basically which one of the 4 paths is used. There are actually pairs or vertical holes, targeted right at the coil. It's a bit on the restricted side for direct lung hits even in the widest setting. The AFC could have had more options, and allow 2, 3 or 4 air intakes, IMHO.

Build: the positive post has a threading for a nut, and a cut along that threading for pinching the wire. The wick is then sandwiched between the wire and the post. That's super easy when the atty is on a tube mod: just turn the mod 4 turns or so while holding the wire, the grab the wire under the screw on the base for the negative. Adjust the coil, pulse, adjust, done. It's simple and it works really well.

Refill: top filling, super easy. Sometimes it's a bit clumsy to unscrew the top cap alone. The solution is simple: the middle section must be screwed tight enough on the lower section. The o-ring is exposed then, be careful when putting the top cap back. You even have the choice between 2 kinds of o-rings: a black o-ring for a stiff AFC, or a red one for light action. Too bad, the red one on the clone is too thin and the AFC spins freely.

Leaks: 99% leakproof. It's absolutely a pocket friendly device.

Vapor: warm, very dense, intense flavor, tons of vapor given the restricted air flow, on par with the best RDAs. For me, it's that good.

My biggest grief: no fancy build. The coil is always vertical, and you cannot put "advanced" wires as it is. Maybe twisted 32 gauge is the best that can fit in, because of the size and the way the wire goes in the groove of the center post. I must find a way to put a clapton in there

Conclusion: my new favorite tank by a big margin, you probably understood already. For anyone who likes genesis attys (Kraken, Origen genesis, etc), it's superior in almost all ways. For the others: unless you want a huge air flow, give it a try, that's a completely different beast that works superbly.

Re: NextGen review

Great review bhai, its somewhat similar to the in'ax , i suppose - waiting to receive all the genny style attys

Comment

Great review, foobar. I've been eyeing this one myself, on FT there are reports of leaking through the 510 connection. Have you faced anything like this? There are also reports of the insulator melting during dry burns. Any personal experience of this?

Comment

[quote author=kalc link=topic=610.msg7047#msg7047 date=1432783488]
        Great review bhai, its somewhat similar to the in'ax , i suppose - waiting to receive all the genny style attys
        [/quote]

It's what I thought after looking at the NextGen. I have used the In'ax atty and it's kinda pain in the arse to setup (newbie's impression). But In'ax comes with ceramic tubes. On the NextGen, you have to make it with the mesh. Interesting idea though.

Great review bhai! Got a question, how does the atty perform when the juice levels are low? Any dry hits?
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/
        YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/indianvapers

Comment

Foobar, would you wish to share this review on FB? Others would learn from your experience bro. It's a great review written beautifully and explains the functionality, build, etc for the NextGen atty. Read it thrice and still feel like reading again.

Comment

[quote author=kalc link=topic=610.msg7047#msg7047 date=1432783488]
            [/quote]

Thanks bro.
            Hard to compare the vape with my In'ax Nano, because that tiny thing is always between dry hit and over dripping/gurgling, whereas the NextGen wicks quite perfectly. There's also a genesis In'Ax, which is capillarity fed i believe, so not much of an improvement over other genesis attys.

Comment

[quote author=pythonbeg link=topic=610.msg7048#msg7048 date=1432787473]
              Great review, foobar. I've been eyeing this one myself, on FT there are reports of leaking through the 510 connection. Have you faced anything like this? There are also reports of the insulator melting during dry burns. Any personal experience of this?
              [/quote]
              Thanks for the kind words.
              No issue with leaks though the 510 connection so far.
              No insulator melting either, but i only dry burnt once so my experience is limited. The center post can get very hot though, so i guess it's possible.
              What happened once: i forgot to lock the fire button, and the atty got burning hot in my bag. The o rings of the drip tip were spoiled, but the insulator is still fine.

Comment

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=610.msg7052#msg7052 date=1432791721]
                Great review bhai! Got a question, how does the atty perform when the juice levels are low? Any dry hits?
                [/quote]

Thanks Andy for the kind words.
                That's a good point. When the juice level is low, one need to pay a bit of attention and keep the atty kinda vertical, to keep the base of the "sucking tube" immersed. That was the main cause of my 3 dry hits so far. The glass section really helps understanding how the wicking works in there.

Comment

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=610.msg7053#msg7053 date=1432791980]
                  Foobar, would you wish to share this review on FB? Others would learn from your experience bro. It's a great review written beautifully and explains the functionality, build, etc for the NextGen atty. Read it thrice and still feel like reading again.
                  [/quote]

Thanks Andy, glad you liked it You can use it as you wish, i don't do FB anymore

Comment

[quote author=foobar link=topic=610.msg7124#msg7124 date=1432815767]
                    [quote author=AndyK link=topic=610.msg7052#msg7052 date=1432791721]
                    [/quote]

Thanks Andy for the kind words.
                    That's a good point. When the juice level is low, one need to pay a bit of attention and keep the atty kinda vertical, to keep the base of the "sucking tube" immersed. That was the main cause of my 3 dry hits so far. The glass section really helps understanding how the wicking works in there.
                    [/quote]

Thought so. Whatever the juice level is outside the center tube, would be the level of the juice inside too. Best wicking would/should be when the tank is full and as it goes down, a user has to pay attention. That's one drawback of this type. Oh well, that's a drawback with all Genesis style though

Comment

I was talking abt the In'Ax MK2R foobar I see that you have mentioned that.
                      I believe they started the centrepost wrapping tech for gennies
                      Next gen improved upon it.

Comment

python, before ordering i had also gone through the reviews & discussions and also on ecf.
                        What i understand is there is variance in the manufacturing - so its a matter of probability - one might get one which has a leaky insulator - QC is not up to the mark or there may be multiple manufacturing units involved. For sure, eberyone is not complaining, some are perfectly happy with their piece.
                        There may also be the additional angle of user curiosity - some people may have tried to fiddle with the positive pin or trying to dismantle the whole thing and in the process loosened the insulator connection. Will have a better idea once i receive my piece

Comment

Re: [Review] NextGen Genesis Atomizer Review

Yeah kalc bhai, consistency is always an issue. Still, I'm not too bothered - it's only 12$ and my Erl mini is starting to show it's age. I also love SS mesh, and I want to try it with ni200 which according to reports works really well. On a side note, I got my rDNA 50W clone today but haven't got the batteries yet, so its just sitting there pissing me off.

Comment

True python - we have to take these small risks anyway, if we want to try stuff , whats the option
                            Ah, good, you have the 50W TC, great
                            When are your batts coming?

Comment

Fucking Sweden post, kalc. I have no idea when the fuckers will finally bring it. Hate just sitting around like this. Sorry about all the swearing

Comment

Working...
                              X