Announcement

Collapse

Latest Discounts and Offers

Buy One Aegis Mod and Get Five Free Killer Deal! Limited Time!
IPV 2 and IPV 2S 60W Mods for just $9.99
Latest Labor Day Deals to save on VapeGear and eLiquids
Full Kit + Battery + Eliquids @Rs 3,999/- from ePuffs.in for New Vapers. Excellent deal!
Get SXK Shark 60w Mod for $15. Limited time offer! Excellent offer!
HeavenGifts 15% off Promo Code IVAPER15 for Entire Store! Save Money!
HealthCabin 10% off Coupon Code INDIANVAPERS sitewide! Shop and save!
HILIQ 12% off Coupon code INDIANFORUM for eLiquids and DIY Liquids!
GearBest 15% off Coupon Code ECIG15OFF! Save money on Vapegear!
See more
See less

Understanding the eVic VT from Joyetech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding the eVic VT from Joyetech

Would like to start a discussion on the eVic VT / eVic VT Mini series from Joyetech and user experiences in settings and control.

I've been using the VT for 2 weeks now and my friend the VT Mini. we have persistent questions on

1. What is the smart wattage to vape
    2. What is the better temperature to vape
    3. How often does one change the coil and / or cotton based on the coil set up used.
    4. What is better 0.2 ohm Ni or 0.5 ohm Ti for a mouth smoker

It's better to burn out, than it is to rust
    The King is gone, but is not forgotten

Re: Understanding the eVic VT from Joyetech

As an update on understanding the eVic VT..

After using for about 45 days i have noticed the following which i thought i'd share besides if possible get some solutions.

1. The OLED screen from time to time does not respond and so am completely blind to whether or not the unit is on. do the 5 click routine to realise i had it on and then 5 clicks to turn it back on. Minor but can be an irritant

2. From time to time the resistance of the coil will change and the unit won't fire. So i unscrew the atomiser and screw it back on and i see different resistance each time, this bit is bizarre, keep doing it and it finally comes close to what it was originally, I am unable to fathom what is going on with this. The last time this happened i then switched from the Temp control mode to the VW mode and was able to use it irrespective of the resistance it read.

Configuration being used for this:

1. eGo ONE Mega Tank
    2. 0.56 Ohm Ti on a CLR
    3. 440 Deg C @ 30W

Is it just me or are others also facing this issue with the eVic VT. Is there a solution?

Juggy

Comment

[quote author=Juggy link=topic=1336.msg14700#msg14700 date=1451299263]
      As an update on understanding the eVic VT..

After using for about 45 days i have noticed the following which i thought i'd share besides if possible get some solutions.

1. The OLED screen from time to time does not respond and so am completely blind to whether or not the unit is on. do the 5 click routine to realise i had it on and then 5 clicks to turn it back on. Minor but can be an irritant

2. From time to time the resistance of the coil will change and the unit won't fire. So i unscrew the atomiser and screw it back on and i see different resistance each time, this bit is bizarre, keep doing it and it finally comes close to what it was originally, I am unable to fathom what is going on with this. The last time this happened i then switched from the Temp control mode to the VW mode and was able to use it irrespective of the resistance it read.

Configuration being used for this:

1. eGo ONE Mega Tank
      2. 0.56 Ohm Ti on a CLR
      3. 440 Deg C @ 30W

Is it just me or are others also facing this issue with the eVic VT. Is there a solution?

Juggy
      [/quote]

Hello Juggy,

When the mod does not fire a tank it usually means that the coil needs to be changed or the screws/connections in the atty are not properly done. When this kind of stuff happens to me I usually clean the tank and change my coils and start fresh!
      https://instagram.com/wahvapes

https://www.facebook.com/WahVapes

Comment

Hi WV,

The funny part is that my Mod fires in VW mode perfectly fine when this change in resistance happens, i too thought it was a burnt coil or a loose contact somewhere. Not the case.

putting on my engineering cap and looking at heat transfer solutions, i figured it might be because the coil is hot as hotter wire = higher resistance, so i let the coil cool down to room temp by not using it for a bit. Still no cigar!

for the record the resistance of my coil has now jumped to a steady 0.62 Ohm and is holding there...

Juggy

Comment

[quote author=Juggy link=topic=1336.msg14726#msg14726 date=1451364242]
          Hi WV,

The funny part is that my Mod fires in VW mode perfectly fine when this change in resistance happens, i too thought it was a burnt coil or a loose contact somewhere. Not the case.

putting on my engineering cap and looking at heat transfer solutions, i figured it might be because the coil is hot as hotter wire = higher resistance, so i let the coil cool down to room temp by not using it for a bit. Still no cigar!

for the record the resistance of my coil has now jumped to a steady 0.62 Ohm and is holding there...

Juggy
          [/quote]

Okay, What wire have you been using ?

Comment

[quote author=WahVapes link=topic=1336.msg14727#msg14727 date=1451370781]

[/quote]

Okay, What wire have you been using ?
            [/quote]

26 Gage Ti - which i have wound as a single coil, which otherwise works like a charm, and as an update the resistance is now 0.58 Ohm :-\

Juggy

Comment

[quote author=Juggy link=topic=1336.msg14729#msg14729 date=1451371393]

26 Gage Ti - which i have wound as a single coil, which otherwise works like a charm, and as an update the resistance is now 0.58 Ohm :-\

Juggy
              [/quote]

Resistance jumps on ti and Ni Wires. At least for me. But you can lock the resistance ( on evic vtc mini ).

Comment

Ya here too but the damn thing messes with me despite the locking... Guess I'm doing something wrong....

Sent from my C9660 using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote author=Juggy link=topic=1336.msg14750#msg14750 date=1451396149]
                  Ya here too but the damn thing messes with me despite the locking... Guess I'm doing something wrong....

[/quote]
                  I don't know about the VT but there were a lot of posts over at ECF about similar issues with the VTC Mini. But I believe the FW 3.0 update solved the issue for a lot of people.

Comment

Blasted eVic VT has no updates..... [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22]

Comment

I'm using VTC mini with Ti (currently a chain coil, 32 gauge on a Veritas RDA), and it works like a charm in all modes: no resistance jump or whatever, within a reasonable range: from 0.36 to 0.42 ohms. I also used some other attys and builds with no issue.

I remember Rip Tripper said in a video that spring loaded 510 pins may cause resistance jumps, so i clean the 510 connection and pin from time to time, and of course make sure that the screws of the posts are tight.

Comment

Evic VT has known problems. My review: http://www.indianvapers.com/forum/in...ic,1051.0.html

Evic VTC Mini is a better mod. IPV D2 is also a good mod. Have the D3 coming soon, shipped today from FT
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheG...pingCommunity/
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianVapers/

Comment

Working...
                        X