Default Vaping & Health Research Study

Dr. Sushant Upadhye is conducting a research on vaping and health and urged people to share their data. How to share, is totally upto vapers, listing the options below so that you can get in touch with Dr. Sushant Upadhye directly or share the information over here on IV forum. All of the data will be collected and processed while taking care of all the privacy required to conduct the research. Rest assured, your data will not be shared with anyone unless you want it to be shared. Also, please share info only that you're comfortable sharing.

Reason to conduct this research/study: Most of us think that vaping is totally safe and many newbies are under the impression that it is completely safe. Let me assure you, it is NOT entirely safe but "in my opinion" it is far better (or far lesser harmful) than smoking. However, let's not leave any stone unturned and let's try to understand what are the precautions we should take to make it as safe as possible (or as lesser harmful as possible).

Parameters required for the research/study:

Your name:
    Your age, height and weight:
    What is your Alcohol intake?:
    Were you a smoker previous to vaping?:
    Number of years you have smoked:
    Duration for which you've been vaping:
    Type of mix (VG/PG) you vape:
    Nic quantity (in mg) you vape:
    Style of vaping (M2L or Lung Hits):
    What ohm do you vape at?:

Any tests or health checkups you've done recently?
    Which tests? (Triglycerides, Lipids Profile, LFT - Liver Function Test, etc.)
    What were the results? (Please either type the results or attach screenshots of your test report)
    Are you diabetic? (Yes/No)
    Any blood pressure problems? (Yes/No)
    Any medicines you've tried or taken that benefited you?

These are just a few things that I have thought at the top of my head which may be helpful in conducting the research/study. Dr. Sushant Upadhye will chime in soon and may add a few more parameters. If you can suggest any parameters, that will be helpful.

How to contact Dr. Sushant Upadhye?

1. You may submit your data by replying to this thread. It will be collected.
    2. You may submit your data through a PM (private message) to Dr Sushant. (Please do not send your data to me)
    3. You may submit your data through email: drsushantupadhye (attherate) gmail (ddott) com

(had to put the email ID that way to avoid bots).

Last but not the least, this is for our own benefit. I personally, would love to know if others are experiencing any health problems after switching over to vaping. I have experienced a few problems and have also shared those issues openly on different platforms. So, let's share and get all the data at one place so that we can better understand the health concerns with vaping and make it as safe as possible.

Thanks!

Vapetastic

Default Re: Vaping & Health Research Study

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=1198.msg12616#msg12616 date=1446272838]
    Dr. Sushant Upadhye is conducting a research on vaping and health and urged people to share their data. How to share, is totally upto vapers, listing the options below so that you can get in touch with Dr. Sushant Upadhye directly or share the information over here on IV forum. All of the data will be collected and processed while taking care of all the privacy required to conduct the research. Rest assured, your data will not be shared with anyone unless you want it to be shared. Also, please share info only that you're comfortable sharing.

Reason to conduct this research/study: Most of us think that vaping is totally safe and many newbies are under the impression that it is completely safe. Let me assure you, it is NOT entirely safe but "in my opinion" it is far better (or far lesser harmful) than smoking. However, let's not leave any stone unturned and let's try to understand what are the precautions we should take to make it as safe as possible (or as lesser harmful as possible).

Parameters required for the research/study:

Your name:
    Your age, height and weight:
    What is your Alcohol intake?:
    Were you a smoker previous to vaping?:
    Number of years you have smoked:
    Duration for which you've been vaping:
    Type of mix (VG/PG) you vape:
    Nic quantity (in mg) you vape:
    Style of vaping (M2L or Lung Hits):
    What ohm do you vape at?:

Any tests or health checkups you've done recently?
    Which tests? (Triglycerides, Lipids Profile, LFT - Liver Function Test, etc.)
    What were the results? (Please either type the results or attach screenshots of your test report)
    Are you diabetic? (Yes/No)
    Any blood pressure problems? (Yes/No)
    Any medicines you've tried or taken that benefited you?

These are just a few things that I have thought at the top of my head which may be helpful in conducting the research/study. Dr. Sushant Upadhye will chime in soon and may add a few more parameters. If you can suggest any parameters, that will be helpful.

How to contact Dr. Sushant Upadhye?

1. You may submit your data by replying to this thread. It will be collected.
    2. You may submit your data through a PM (private message) to Dr Sushant. (Please do not send your data to me)
    3. You may submit your data through email: drsushantupadhye (attherate) gmail (ddott) com

(had to put the email ID that way to avoid bots).

Last but not the least, this is for our own benefit. I personally, would love to know if others are experiencing any health problems after switching over to vaping. I have experienced a few problems and have also shared those issues openly on different platforms. So, let's share and get all the data at one place so that we can better understand the health concerns with vaping and make it as safe as possible.

Thanks!
    [/quote]
    Will send info to Dr. Sushant.. Good initiative.. At least we will get somewhere!!

Sent from MY MOD!!

http://www.ecigalternative.com/quit-counter/quit-smoking-banner.php"]
    [img width=300 height=45]http://www.ecigalternative.com/quit-counter/quit-smoking-banner.php?key=44363[/img]
    [/url]