Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystic plumes

Vaper

Default Mystic plumes

Hey folks,
    Hope all of you are doing well. This dussera was a complete surprise for me, I am not into celebrating religious festivals but this one was a special one. The much awaited mystic plumes was launched by Jai kapadia and Lavanya arora.
    I am surprised to see that there are no reviews for their juice line even after the supposed success of the website and the popular demand of the same. In any case this is my take on it. I am a very straight forward guy, if I like something I will clearly say so, the same goes for dislikes as well. Please keep in mind taste is subjective and the reviews given below are my opinion only. Your opinion may/may not reflect differently. This is my first review of any thing so please ignore the grammatical errors and any omissions.
    I am a very demanding customer. If any one expects me to pay for any service(s) or product(s) I expect service; period. One of the first qualms I have with mystic plumes is that there is a huge time lag between when the order’s been placed and order process completion. I’d placed the order on the 22nd October, made the payment on the 24th and the order was despatched on the 4th of November. Even this delayed dispatch was possible only due to the fact that I kept pestering jai for updates and tracking info, because the only reply I got from Jai every time I reached him was that he is not in his office and the order was despatched a couple of days ago and this was the case once in every couple of tries, it was not easy to get in touch with him in the first place (phones switched off and or not reachable, no response over the multiple number of pings I’ve left him). If not for me constantly asking him for the same, I am not sure when the order would have been processed. This act of delayed response from my point of view is the incapability of mystic plumes in streamlining the mixing process. To be fair Jay claimed that my order of 17 bottles of 10mil each was the largest order he had to process.
    My second qualm is that the juice bottles were mislabelled. I am not expecting everything to be perfect especially from an individual who has no experience in manufacturing but there are certain expectations which needs to be delivered. This was my first order from mystic plumes and I have no idea as to what the flavour profiles of the juices are and the mislabelled stickers really pushed all the wrong buttons. I’ve got 17 bottles, some of them are mislabelled, what am I to expect from each of them before vaping. Surprise surprise I felt like a voter after the elections….. Disappointed in my choice.
    C’mon 170 mils of assorted juice over whelming the newly launched mystic plumes with a mix ‘artist’ who has supposedly spent over a year in R&D developing juices. If so Jai you are in the wrong line of work buddy.

I had ordered most of the hyped products in his juice line namely pan range, net range, fruit mixes and some of the flavours which held my interest.
    All the juices I’ve ordered were of 3 mg strength and of 70 pg and 30 vg ratio.

NET range:

Classic milds
    This is the best one among the lot I’d picked up. The taste is exactly like a classic mild cigarette but the throat hit was toned down a bit due to the mix ratio of the juice. I f***ed up here by going with my preferred mix ratio and strength (what can I say no flavour description what so ever) but Jai has out done himself in this one. This is an excellent juice all I would recommend is that go for a 50/50 blend with minimum of 6 mg strength. Any one who tries it would not regret it.
    Throat hit: 5/10
    Vapour volume: 7/10
    Mouth feel: 10/10

Marlboro
    Tastes very similar to Marlboro cigarettes but there was nothing special in the juice, which would be a common recurring theme in this review. It gets monotonous after say half a tank or so.
    Throat hit: 8/10
    Mouth feel: 8/10

Benson hedges
    Well the extraction process seem awfully familiar among all NETs Jai is selling. Taste similar to the real deal again but the flaws are also the same as the one in Marlboro.
    Throat hit: 8/10
    Mouth feel: 5/10

Ry4d vanilla
    This may or may not be a NET, am not sure. I’ve decided to bundle it up with rest of the tobacco range.
    This is the lightest tasting ry4 juice I’ve tasted until now. It is a pleasant vape with a sweetish after taste of vanilla. It is an attractive juice blend for sure, but in now way an ADV (all day vape).
    Mouth feel: 6/10

Pan range:

Pan masala
    Typical simple pan flavour along with an over whelming taste of anise seed. It was an enjoyable juice but didn’t hold my interest for too long. This was the second pan flavoured juice I tried and I did switch to a non-pan flavoured e-liq in between so that I would enjoy it better. But the effort put in to empty the tank, changing wicks and refilling it was not worth it. The juice was monotonous and very boring. I felt like after I’d tried one I’ve tried them all.
    Throat hit: 4/10
    Mouth feel: 3/10

Oral sx
    This was probably the most over hyped juices of all. And was also the first juice I tried as soon as I opened the package. Warning this juice is absolutely not meant for vapours who do not enjoy pan. I must say I do enjoy a meenakshi chutney based pan once in a while but this is ridiculous. Initially the throat hit was extreme, so much so that I felt like I was vaping one of those hangseng e-liqs during my initial days of vaping. But after I went through 1/3rd of the tank I felt more comfortable. And was a pleasant experience there on.
    Throat hit: 10/10
    Mouth feel: 2/10

Asli pan
    Tastes more like a clove based spicy pan. Pretty decent throat hit and again not recommended for vapours who do not enjoy pan. The mouth feel while vaping is better than most juices I’ve tried. But the after taste is some what odd; along with the strange mouth feel u get after eating a pan is also present once you go through about 2/3rd of a tank. This is an all rounded package people.
    Throat hit: 9/10

Fruit range

Peach schnapps
    Peach schnapps is the perfect blend I mean “the perfect blend” of juicy peach and sweetener. Just writing about it is mouth watering. A highly recommended juice for those vapours who enjoy fruity vapes.
    Throat hit: 7/10
    Mouth feel: 10/10

Mangoliciuos
    The flavour profile for this is….. well…. Is a little boring to say the least, it tastes like parle mango bite accompanied by immense sweetness. The excessive sweetness is a common theme in all the fruit mixes I have tried. Do not get me wrong I enjoy sweets. I am one of those people who can finish over 500 gms of assorted sweets in one go in under 30 minutes. But vaping an extremely sweet mango flavoured juice is quite honestly a poor choice especially when there are better options available.
    Throat hit: 3/10

Lychee and Candelycius
    Both these flavours are identical in terms of flavour profile with a minute difference. When vaped both taste like a lychee and candy respectively with an add on of overwhelming amount of sugar syrup. Quite frankly these were among the worst juices I’ve tried till date.

Apple melody
    Apple melody is a pleasant vape, plain and simple apple. I must say this is a very relaxing vape probably because this mimics one of those double apple hookah flavours from star buzz. C’mon Jai come up with original idea for once.
    This can probably be considered closest to an adv mystic plumes can get. But I personally would prefer something more complex of a flavour profile, especially when vaping 2nd or 3rd tank of the same e-liq can feel a little bland. Imagine doing the same in a single flavour e-liq.
    Mouth feel: 7/10

Berry Blast
    Before I go ahead and review this juice I would like to mention that I used to smoke classic menthols a year ago. Since I made the switch I have been on the look out for the perfect menthol vape which can give me the same mouth feel which the analogs did. The problem here was that there was either too much mint which would ruin the juice or too little mint which meant that I could not enjoy the mint.
    Among all the fruit flavours this is the most flavourful and gives the most variety to the pallet. But again with the excessive sweetness being a major issue it is not enjoyable as much. Sweetener and mint are the prominent flavours in it. The ratio of mint is slightly on the stronger side for my liking but one of the best mints I’ve tried by far.
    Mouth feel: 6/10

Lime Juice Soda
    Like the name suggests taste like lime juice with the missing soda, this is a pleasant, soothing vape. Very much enjoyable, one of the best lime based juices I’ve had. That being said except for the mislabelled ‘soda’ part there is nothing in the juice to criticize about.

Coffee Range

Tiramisu soite
    Tiramisu is a tricky flavour to handle; I know this because I have made over a dozen recipes using the T.F.A tiramisu in the past six months and all the recipes ended up with the same results of failure. The reason for the failure is a pungent and chemical taste of the tiramisu which no matter what overwhelms the other passive flavours. This is again the case with Tiramisu soite. I would not recommend this one for any body under any circumstance.
    Mouth feel: 1/10

Caramel latte
    At this point I am quite frankly sick of repeating myself. But this one carries caramel flavour and coffee elegantly but after going through 1/3rd of the tank all I could taste is sweet, sweet and only sweet. C’mon how boring can one juice line get. There is a lack of uniqueness to this line is what I feel at this point.
    Throat hit: 6/10
    Mouth feel: 4/10

Caramel cappuccino
    Boy oh boy this is just an amazing combination of coffee and caramel. This one is a little on the bitter side for my taste but it is a coffee vape, what else can you expect. In my opinion this is the second best juice among all juices I’ve tried from mystic plumes.

I have used 0.8 ohm coil in my TFV4 RBA, 0.5 ohm coil in my Delta 2 and 0.18 ohm dual coil in my Velocity RDA vaping at 35-45 watts in power mode (TFV4 and Delta 2) and 440 degrees F at 60watts (Velocity) when I was trying these juices.
    I suspect most of the flavourings used if not all are sourced within India which brings about the question of safety, quality and consistency of the juice. This was just some thing I thought the community members may be interested in.
    The over all juice quality is barely acceptable as a paying customer with a few exceptions. The service and responsible accountability is absent at in my case. In fact I wouldn’t have spent more than three hours of my time and effort writing this review if it hadn’t been for the irresponsible behaviour which was shown towards the dispatch.

Imran Saleem

Default Re: Mystic plumes

Holy f**ckalicious! The time you spent in writing that review is simply commendable bro!

Thanks for the detailed review, will be very helpful to those who're thinking of buying from MysticPlumes. Will make it easier for vapers to decide what to expect from the juice line.

Awesome review Imran bhai!

Vapetastic

Imran Bhai what's this mouth feel thing ........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaper

exhale feel in yo mouth... ii put it in there coz of the pan flavors... very odd sensation when vaping that stuff...
    its like eating a raw banana after taste...

Vapetastic

Default Mystic plumes

Aah...... Ok so with reference to your mouth feel points on scale of 1 to 10 .......... 1 being worst taste/feel ..... And 10 being best ...... M I right ?

Vaper

yeah but more like most objectionable and least objectionable taste....

Vapetastic

M confused which one should I go for ....... Is it like every flavour was bad ? Coz u said every juice is objectionable........

Vapaholic

Awesome review Imran bhai...(one of the most to the point)
    Hope it helps vapers to choose and manufacturers to improve....

Vapaholic

I have also ordered a few flavors from Mystic Plumes. But I didn't face any delays in shipping (my order was small).

But I have to agree with Imran on the sweetness. I find the sweetness on all the e-liquids I ordered (Sweet Tobacco, Tiramisu Coffee & Peach Schnapps) to be too over powering. After a short while of vaping any of the flavors, all I get is the sweetness. I can't vape them right now. I've put the bottles away in the cupboard to steep. I'll have to see if the flavor profile changes after a few weeks.

Vapetastic

I had gotten some liquids from Jay in October, Oral Sx and Berry Blast among them. I have to say both the intense throat of the former and the sweetness of the latter that you mention disappear after steeping them for a couple of weeks. For better results make sure to leave then open for a few hours once in a while so that excess flavor escape. After a couple of weeks the experience is quite pleasant.

I was very satisfied with what Jay had provided, esp. the NETs, and have ordered some more from his new site. They have been delivered and I'm looking forward to checking then then out when I reach home.

Vaper

@ attrish don’t be… just stick to the scale 1 being the worst and 10 being the most tolerable… that gives you a pretty clear picture… am sure most people will not be bothered by it… but if it does bother you, maan its annoying as hell…. Gimme some time I’ll edit it in a clearer and easily understandable manner…

@vikesh thx viki appreciate your concensus

@garfielddc well if I plan to cook for an army of 50 people I better be prepared with proper resources (utensils and groceries)… if not people will go hungry… similarly if I want to sell e-liqs to a nation wide customer base instead of mixing them for a small group of friends, I better have all the flavours stocked up and the time and dedication to deliver what I have promised… if not reviews like this is what I will get…

@mensrea in my point of view if I had to put in effort so that the juice I paid for tastes better than how it initially tasted I rather mix my own… am I to judge after tasting the juice if its right for vaping or not? I haven’t come across any recommendations as to the best (steep) time to vape any particular e-liq…. Is he not selling a finished product? Or is he selling something like a heat and eat packed food which markets the consumers’ involvement in finishing process? Why do you think people are paying between 300% to 700% margin on juice with Indian flavouring and can be mixed with little to no effort? Is it to it vape straight out of the bottle or to steep it and breathe it and spend time and effort on it and wait for it to taste its best before vaping it?

Vaper

@ attrish done eiditing

Vaper

awesome review bhai.. wish i had read it before ordering.. i ordered a couple of liqs as well.. and as u said the over hyped oralsx.. It was for a friend who is a sheesha lover and he wanted a pan flavour.. i pinged jai and asked him what will be the closest flavour to that which he can offer..and he suggested oralsx..
    i apologize if i went wrong somewhere but I can be straight forward with everyone that DO NOT go for this flavour ever.. it feels like i am vaping rajnigandha mixed with water.. there was no taste of any kind of paan.. i rather enjoy a fulchand from a pan shop.. if u ever hated people around u eating rajnigandha and the smell it carries, u will hate this flavour completely.. sorry jai but this is nowhere even near the paan flavour in a sheesha.. u need to have some sheesha before u recommend this.. i literally threw away a new coil which was only 2 days old because the taste would not go.. my Atty still smells of it and i have already cleaned it with one of my fav liqs and it still doesn't go away.. there is still some after effect of that flavour in my throat n m sure only old monk can make it go away..
    this is just my individual opinion and i did not have a problem with shipping as well.. reached in about 4 business days

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://www.ecigalternative.com/quit-counter/quit-smoking-banner.php"]
    [img width=300 height=45]http://www.ecigalternative.com/quit-counter/quit-smoking-banner.php?key=41309[/img]
    [/url]

Vaper

Well my order was also delayed quite a bit but its worth mention that the website wasn't up when I did the order....,it was a personal deal via fb.And there was also a death in his family which Jay had mentioned to me at that time which I suppose was the prime cause of the delay.

The ones I got (only cigarette NETS based flavors) had a strong smell of Paan which I thought was strange. Initially it was very difficult for me to vape them as I don't like paan at all and was merely looking for a cigarette feel. I left them alone for a while as I had started vaping other juices I had. Out of curiosity I tried one the other day (after a couple of weeks or so of it sitting ignored) and it tastes much better and almost tobbaco-ish. I think it was classic milds or Benson I don't recall. The pan smell has dissipated almost completely as well.

As someone else said above, the paan smell is like paan parag or something and it is very difficult to get it out of a tank and you will have to wash it throughly multiple times. At best I'd say try the nets but let them steep for a while before you start vaping them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast