Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vapaholic

Default Help choosing a mod

So I had almost finalized my order for iStick 50W on FT, when I decided to have a check one again. And what do I found? Numerous reports of auto firing and explosions and antimatter bombs and world war 3. So I'm too scared of this mod and don't think i'll be buying it. So, the question is: what to buy then?
    I'm currently wondering between MVP3, IPV D2, XCube ii(or mini), sigelei 150w, smy60tc etc etc.

My requirements r not that extreme. I'll be getting a Subtank mini too for subohm builds. I need a mod with 50W+ power. Has to be very nicely built (was loving the iStick design with rounded edges). Durable and reliable. Good build quality. Preferably inbuilt batteries (although don't mind removable ones if you guys think they r the better option). And overall good support and reviews.
    Nothing too expensive. <100$ would be perfect. Could you guys suggest some good mods out of the list I have or any others you think would be great?

PS: I don't care too much about TC as I'm still a newb and this is going to be my step up from my basic iVape Inizio 900. Though I have experience building coils and such. But if TC would be good to take care of future needs, those would be welcome too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapaholic

Default Re: Help choosing a mod

Evic VTC Mini.. 75W / TC (supports Ni Ti & SS) / Reliable / Good build quality / Regular Firmware upgrades (so far).

Well, I'm using the iStick 60w TC right now .. been vaping on it since last 4 days and not even a small tiny niggle brah. You can check my video review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRd8tra0ATY

And if you don't trust the iStick mods, then definitely Evic VTC mini. Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZL-jNr6JG8

Or if you are not planning to use SS wires, should go for the IPV D2. Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9WoSw4moNo

Vapaholic

Default Help choosing a mod

@AndyK alright. Perfect. Thanks for the inputs. I am still a little hesitant when it comes to isticks. Lol. So I'm finally down to Evic vtc mini, XCube ii mini, kbox platinum and sigelei 75W (or plus)

Vapaholic

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=1315.msg13319#msg13319 date=1448461215]
    Well, I'm using the iStick 60w TC right now .

[/quote]
    And yeah. I will be using SS coils eventually as I'm hearing the flavor is very clean with them. Only thing is I'm not able to find any SS wires. Also not sure if Evic VT mini supports SS. Anywho check my shortlist. One of them

Istick50 has problems so avoid that. I can vouch for the VTC Mini. Its a great mod and the 3000 mah LG battery lasts a long time. It looks sexy as fuck too. You can't go wrong there.

Agree with hillsnipe

Grats on the century Dusty

Vapaholic

[quote author=hillsnipe link=topic=1315.msg13343#msg13343 date=1448507946]
    Istick50 has problems so avoid that. I can vouch for the VTC Mini. Its a great mod and the 3000 mah LG battery lasts a long time. It looks sexy as fuck too. You can't go wrong there.
    [/quote]

Are u referring to the LG HE4?? I was planning on getting that one. I need a big mAH. Also around 20A should be fine I guess. Don't need 30A and all as I don't plan to go below 0.4ohm ever

Vapaholic

Yep. Checked. I was referring to HG2 only actually. Messed up the naming.
    Btw. Are INR and IMR comparable? Are both safe chemistry. I definitely don't want ICR that's for sure

IMR, INR and ICR are just fine .. NCR are the ones you need to avoid. Well, those 3 mentioned in Vaping 101 are safe chemistry batteries. Take any out of those, you'll be ok

Vapaholic

ICR is not safe chemistry. It can be okish if regulated. Still not safe. IMR, INR and hybrid IMR are safe chemistry I believe

Vapaholic

I think I will be going with LG HG2 !!

Vapaholic

One question. Should I get a charger? Or is the evic VT a safe form of charging ?

[quote author=ssp11 link=topic=1315.msg13433#msg13433 date=1448566431]
    One question. Should I get a charger? Or is the evic VT a safe form of charging ?

[/quote]

I guess you meant to say Evic VTC Mini ... Yes, the onboard charging is just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast