Default Geekvape Griffin RTA Review

Right now, the Griffin RTA from Geekvape is taking the stage, it's totally out of stock at most places. A few lucky ones bought it in the right time and received a few pieces. Amit bhai happened to be one of those smart folks who ordered from the right place at the right time. He sent one to me for fixing a little problem but then why not take benefit of the opportunity of having one in hands?

It's a pretty OKish kind of RTA. I wouldn't call it one of the best in any way although it has everything one may need in a good RTA: Top fill option, juice control to lock juice channels, bigger airflow slots/holes, raised airflow holes on the deck, huge juice channels, good (read as average) flavor, fog, throathit, etc. However, it's at par with the Goliath V2 RTA that I tried months ago. There isn't really anything exceptional in terms of flavor, fog or throathit. I just didn't get that excited as I was with the Serpent RTA (single coil atty) but anyway, it's a good juice guzzling RTA.

[img height=450 width=600]http://www.indianvapers.com/images/geekvape-griffin-rta.jpg[/img]

Price: $26.34 (SKU 3974600)
    (Use coupon code MAP)

Griffin RTA Review

Build Quality

Not really impressed with the build quality of this tank. Although it is built pretty solid but I'm really disappointed with a few things. First of all, when you unscrew the top cap, the threads below are extremely sharp. You could get some skin off your fingers in an effort to unscrew the tank off the base. It's nothing but annoying the way the thread edges are so sharp. Secondly, the threads below the wick ring are rusty. There's visible rust on the threads, that's bad. Thirdly, the post screws are just plain flimsy! This RTA demands some lower sub-ohm builds and vaping at higher wattage. Why would they use those screws that would crumble with just a little effort? No ideas!

Building/Rebuilding

Building and rebuilding coils, hooking up those coils to the posts and then wicking the coils .. it is all a breeze! Piece of cake! This type of an atty is super easy to work with. Building a new set of coils didn't take more than 5 minutes on this RTA. Even a newbie vaper can hook up coils to this RTA with little effort.

Vape Quality

Vape quality is average on the Geekvape Griffin RTA. I wouldn't say that it gives the best flavor, fog and/or throathit .. but it is somehow comparable to the Goliath RTA (or the Goliath V2 RTA). Indeed, it's a juice guzzler but the flavor is not up to the mark. Just OKish kind of flavor I got from this RTA. So, in my book, it's just another RTA with the ability to produce lots of fog but average flavor and throathit.

There is plenty of air to go through those huge air slots and big airflow holes on the deck of the atomizer. Definitely good for lower sub-ohm builds and vaping on higher wattages. If you are a cloud chaser and need an RTA to blow huge clouds, this is it.

Griffin vs Obs Crius

Lots of similarities but the Griffin is certainly better than the Obs Crius RTA in my opinion. Better airflow, bigger juice channels, raised airflow holes on the deck, etc. make it a better RTA than the Obs Crius. If I were to choose one out of the two, I'll pick up the Griffin for sure. That's the way it seems to be as of now.

Verdict

Just another RTA, not much impressed. Definitely a good RTA but there are many better options. So, next one please!

Video review:

HTML Code:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/apSDLYJi73o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vapaholic

Default Re: Geekvape Griffin RTA Review

Yet another one bites the dust... nice review Andy bhai.😀
    It is sometimes very difficult to understand why can&#039;t they just make that perfect atty...

Vaperazzi

Comparing your reviews of the obs &amp; the griffin , seems like the obs is better when it comes to flavour
    Anyway, i have no interest in the griffin, but just a point i noted when i compared your reviews bro

[quote author=kalc link=topic=1626.msg15459#msg15459 date=1453357992]
    Comparing your reviews of the obs &amp; the griffin , seems like the obs is better when it comes to flavour
    Anyway, i have no interest in the griffin, but just a point i noted when i compared your reviews bro
    [/quote]

No bro .. Griffin worked better than the Obs. Although I&#039;m not going with either because serpent beats both in and out like mommy beats the kid&#039;s booty

Why do you think the Obs has better flavor? I didn&#039;t get that part bro.

Vaperazzi

From your obs crius review:
    Flavor and Clouds - Plenty! The atty is really good on both clouds as well as flavor. Hadn&#039;t noticed some undernotes in my eLiquids while vaping on my other tanks, felt them clearly while vaping on this tank. If I were to compare the flavor with Aqua V2 or the Goliath V2, it&#039;s at par with those tanks. May be a bit on the more side.

[quote author=kalc link=topic=1626.msg15469#msg15469 date=1453373115]
    From your obs crius review:
    Flavor and Clouds - Plenty! The atty is really good on both clouds as well as flavor. Hadn&#039;t noticed some undernotes in my eLiquids while vaping on my other tanks, felt them clearly while vaping on this tank. If I were to compare the flavor with Aqua V2 or the Goliath V2, it&#039;s at par with those tanks. May be a bit on the more side.
    [/quote]

Not too sure if you saw my Griffin review. I compared Obs and Griffin side-by-side and felt that Griffin was better on flavor and fog. Also, lesser chances of leakage with Griffin

But yeah, the difference is like marginal. One is 18 (Obs) and the other is 20 (Griffin).

Vaperazzi

Yes bro - saw that of course - did you do a side by side comparison by any chance?
    Anyway bro, point taken

[quote author=kalc link=topic=1626.msg15485#msg15485 date=1453443891]
    Yes bro - saw that of course - did you do a side by side comparison by any chance?
    Anyway bro, point taken
    [/quote]

Yes bro .. I did a side-by-side comparison of Obs Crius RTA vs Griffin RTA: Griffin RTA Review and Griffin vs Obs Crius Comparison

Vaperazzi

Ah, ok - great - thats what i actually wanted to know