Default Clearomizers vs Rebuildable Tank Atomizers

Most of us already know the difference between the two. Clearomizers are a little different than the RTA, RBA and RDAs. Although, all of these atomizers work on the same principle but the only difference is that clearomizers are not really rebuildable atomizers. Whereas, the RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomizers), RBA (ReBuildable Atomizers) and RDA (Rebuildable dripping atomizers) can be rebuilt with your own wire/coil and wick.

Clearomizers vs Rebuildable Atomizers

Most people who are new to vaping, should stick to clearomizers unless you wish to take all the hassle of learning to make you own coils/wick and stuff. Some of the good clearomizers that we have seen are the Nautilus Mini, eGo ONE Clearomizer, etc. These are mouth to lung clearomizers (you can fill the vape in mouth and then inhale). However, the Tritons, UWell Crown and many other sub-ohm clearomizers come with sub-ohm coils and those are for direct lung hits (Inhale vapor directly to lungs).

Clearomizers are good for new vapers who are just transitioning from smoking to vaping. Mouth to lung clearomizers are good for such folks because they are somewhat like smoking where you fill your mouth and then inhale.

A few mouth-to-lung clearomizers can be found in this list: Best atomizers for mouth-to-lung vaping.

Rebuildable atomizers (RTA, RBA and RDA) are a step further. It is advisable to stick to clearomizers for a few months before rushing for the rebuildables. The only reason is because there is a learning curve associated with rebuildables. Also, you would require a good number of tools before you can fully adapt to rebuildables.

There are many different types of rebuildable atomizers. Some are mouth-to-lung (see that above link for M2L rebuildables) and some are direct lung hits rebuildable atomizers. I would always advise people to stick to M2L atomizers than to go for lung hitting.

Tools required for rebuildable atomizers

Alright, so you've made your mind to go with rebuildable atomizers! Here is a list of all the tools you will need to make your own coils and wick and get going. Of course, you will need a good RTA/RDA to begin with but I'm just listing all the tools that you will need to build/rebuild your atties.

You could refer to this video review that I made for vapers new to rebuildables: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AONV-sQDd0o

These are the basic tools that you will need to begin making your own coils and wick and get going with rebuildable tank atomizers or drippers. Now that you know what all you need to begin with rebuildable tank atomizers, be advised of the most important thing ..

SAFETY: The wires you will be using are a bit sharp, make sure to "wear eye wear" and keep yourself protected at all times. Secondly, please get that OHM Tester if you do not have a higher end vaporizer that has all the security features, please please please get that Ohm tester. If you are vaping on a mech mod, OHM Tester is a MUST HAVE DEVICE. There is no excuse for not getting one.

If you have any questions, please ask. Nobody here is going to be upset if you ask questions. However, some of us might be upset if you don't

As a word of advice, don't buy stuff just because the guy next to you has upgraded to some newer atty. We vape for a reason and that reason is to stay away from stinkies. If that purpose is fulfilled, don't just pounce on the new and shiny. However, if you are finding hard time to get coil heads and stuff, go ahead with the rebuildables. All the best!

Vapetastic

Default Re: Clearomizers vs Rebuildable Tank Atomizers

@Andyk bro thank you so much you are awsome , a great post .
    It is very helpful now i know i will go with the eGo one first then after few months , i will try to go into the build , this is realy a great post i hve bookmarked it already

Always a pleasure to be of assistance bro.

Well, rebuildables actually open up doors beyond your imagination because once you get comfi with making your own coils/wick, there's gazillion atties you'll find yourself running after lol. And then talk about all the different builds .. claptons, tiger coils, alien coils, twisted coils and what not.

The world of rebuildables is simply a roller coaster ride. Endless options of different builds, fine tuning every new atty with different wires and coils. It might just get overwhelming. Go slow and go easy. Try one or two wires first .. say .. 0.3 (27 AWG) and 0.4 (26 AWG) Kanthal Grade 1 first. When you're comfortable, play along

One thing I'd like to say, flavor junkies can simply hop on to the Clapton wires. Flavor is just mind-blowing with that wire even while doing lung hits.

Andy, really good advise for a newbie plus a reminder to all out there to not forget the basics.... also "When in doubt.... Ask"

Sent from my vivo V1 using Tapatalk

It's better to burn out, than it is to rust
    The King is gone, but is not forgotten

Vapetastic

About getting an OhmTester.

I'm using a EVic-Mini VT as my mod.
    I don't care too much for blowing huge clouds. My primary reason for going the RTA way is to get an efficient delivery of Nicotine and flavour (and keep myself from over using the vape). I've read that RTAs better deliver this.

Do I still need an OhmTester considering Evic does a resistance reading. Should I still have one only for the safety?
    Lastly, I like vaping Ni200 and Ti, haven't tried kanthal obv. Is my mod enough for to get me there?

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=1767.msg16167#msg16167 date=1456744875]
    SAFETY: The wires you will be using are a bit sharp, make sure to "wear eye wear" and keep yourself protected at all times. Secondly, please get that OHM Tester if you do not have a higher end vaporizer that has all the security features, please please please get that Ohm tester. If you are vaping on a mech mod, OHM Tester is a MUST HAVE DEVICE. There is no excuse for not getting one.
    [/quote]

VTC Mini is a good mod and has an accurate inbuilt resistance tester. You wouldn't need an external ohm tester if you have a VTC Mini or any other high end mod.

And yes, your mod has the capability to fire Ni, Ti and SS coils in temp control mode.

Vaper

Hi
    I'm new to vaping and have recently got Kangratech NEBOX and I plan to use it's RBA to build my own coils

I was wondering what is the best place to get Ti coils and wicks in India

Also does NEBOX actually require OHM Tester ? as from what i see on youtube it detects OHM on it's own

Thanks

I got plenty of Ti and Ni (and also Kanthal and SS) spools Grade A in different gauge, imported from the UK. Let me know which ones you need.

And no, you wouldn't require an Ohm tester since it is built-in to the NeBox. Also, the mod has security features and will not fire a bad build.

Vaper

Hi Andy
    I need a Ti based coil regarding gauge not sure as i'm still new, i just need the best suitable for NEBOX

Also do you have a website or something to order it ?

Thanks

Nah, don't have a website bhai ..

Well, if you wish to do temp control, you would need Ni or Ti wires. But if you wish to fire in the wattage mode, then Kanthal or SS would be good to go.

Vaper

Thanks, i think since i'm still new i'll stick to readymade coils, for now i've ordered https://www.fasttech.com/products/3848000

Any experience with them and what about customs, does Indian customs create problem with coils ?

Also can you please suggest me some good site to order US based ejuice ?

I'm interested in ordering RocketMan from http://onehitwondereliquid.com/ but not sure if it will go through customs so if anybody knows a good Indian site to order them please suggest

thanks