Vapetastic

Default Is RTA worth it?

Hi All,
    Have been reading quite a bit about RTA and the whole lot. I was interested in getting into this, I currently use a Joyetech Tron tank on my mod and have been quite satisfied. However, the need to purchase new coils every few weeks seems to be an expensive proposition. My primary use is outside home, I like to keep vaping functional.
    I have been looking at GeekVapes new Griffin and others alike.
    My questions were:
    1) How often do I need to change my coils and wicks? (Info about wattage and temp would be helpful)
    2) Does it consume more e-liquid? (if so, by how much)?
    3) Any leak proof one's you would suggest?

Thanks

Default Re: Is RTA worth it?

[quote author=Anonymous902015 link=topic=1896.msg16942#msg16942 date=1458824171]
    My questions were:
    1) How often do I need to change my coils and wicks? (Info about wattage and temp would be helpful)
    2) Does it consume more e-liquid? (if so, by how much)?
    3) Any leak proof one's you would suggest?

Thanks
    [/quote]

1). There is no difference in vaping with pre-built coils or the self-built coils. A coil is a coil and a wick is a wick. So if you gunk up your coil in say, 5 days. Then that holds good for pre-built and self-built coils. The only difference is that you can remove the old wick, dry fire (in case of kanthal coil) and re-wick. You can repeat this like 3 or 4 times.

Coil gunking majorly depends on the type of eLiquid used. If you vape on some coffee/chocolate type eLiquids, you will gunk up your coils much faster than vaping on a clearer eLiquid.

Temp and wattage is a personal preference which also depends on the type of wire, resistance, type of eLiquid, type of mod, etc etc. Many variables, everyone has their own sweet spot based on the type of eLiquid and the type of wire used.

2). Nope, juice consumption will be almost the same. Ask any TFV4 user who's primarily on dual coil base at 0.3 to 0.5 ohm. And then ask any Griffin user who's vaping on coils built at 0.3 to 0.5 ohm .. hardly any difference. Both are juice guzzlers. Juice consumption depends on resistance of the coil, single or dual coil, juice channels, airflow holes, etc. Stick to a single coil RTA like the Serpent RTA or Bachelor RTA, juice consumption will be a bit lower.

3). None of the RTAs are leak proof. It all depends on how well you wick the coils and how much wick you stick into the juice channels. The tube is full of video reviews and tutorials.

If you wish to know what all you would need to switch over to a RTA, you can refer to this article: http://www.indianvapers.com/forum/in...ic,1767.0.html

Or watch this video ...

HTML Code:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AONV-sQDd0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vapetastic

Thanks Andy...... very informative...

You are welcome bro .. I&#039;m glad it was helpful

Vapetastic

Andy that was helpful bro and u only suggest me get serpent i love the tank like anything. I don&#039;t care juice consumption i love flavor and cloud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two RTAs are worth considering at the moment which are damn good on flavor and fog ..

1. Serpent RTA - Get this one from GearBest. FT has a bad batch of serpent RTAs. This one built with a clapton wire, is damn good on flavor and fog. Here&#039;s the Wotofo Serpent RTA review.

2. Bachelor RTA - The one on FT is good enough. I have 4x Bachelor RTAs coming in the mail. This one built with any thick wire (22 AWG, 24 AWG, 25 AWG) is damn good on flavor and fog. Here&#039;s the EHPRO Bachelor RTA review.

These two are probably the best RTAs of 2016 IMO. Both are single coil RTAs, so the juice consumption is lesser than what you will be consuming with dual coil RTAs like the Griffin, Zephyrus, etc.

Vapetastic

I have problem with the serpent andy got it on FT and no atomizer found with clapton coil sometimes it works. I have raised compliant in ft. Andy did u face error in serpent like that will i get refund for serpent bro?

Vapetastic

Default Is RTA worth it?

I have ordered today in ft bachelor rta with dhl global mail add 2.70$

[quote author=anandf12000 link=topic=1896.msg17057#msg17057 date=1459106767]
    I have problem with the serpent andy got it on FT and no atomizer found with clapton coil sometimes it works. I have raised compliant in ft. Andy did u face error in serpent like that will i get refund for serpent bro?

[/quote]

You will get a replacement, not a refund. FT will send a different Serpent RTA but the chances are, it will suck too. For Serpent RTA, it is better to put an order through at GB.

FT has a good batch of Bachelor RTAs though.

Vapetastic

I think i will keep myself itself andy and sometimes it say that atomizer not found after that working perfectly. But no juice leak. U have any idea y problem in tank? Coils r connected to the post properly and clapton coil it doesn&#039;t read completely. I have ordered wotofo pre build clapton coil after receiving i have check with tank

Are you using the Cuboid mod by any chance bro?

Vapetastic

Andy bhai im using evic mini. Mod working great with other tank vaporesso, cubis, Cleito

Please do one thing bro .. disassemble the atty to bare minimum and clean it like it&#039;s not going to see another day. I mean to say, clean the heavens out of it. I don&#039;t see a reason why it is not making a proper contact .. hmm

Vapetastic

Ya sure will do bro