Default It's Vaping, NOT Smoking

Every now and then I read some news where they (read as governmental bodies) are trying to ban/regulate vaping, makes me wonder, why in the world? Why would they want to ban/regulate something which is so helpful to millions of people across the globe? Instead, they should be giving directions to medical professionals to recommend vaping to those who have health condition because of smoking. They should run campaigns to help and make it even cheaper so that not only the fortunate people but also those in/below the poverty line could afford vaping and make use of it to stay away from the stink.

After communicating with a knowledgeable person, I got to know that the problem is the word "eCigarette". Whoever discovered vaping, may have his/her own reasons to call it an eCigarette. Perhaps, it helped getting the word out about this effective alternative. Whatever be the case, in present times, the word eCigarette is doing a significant damage instead of helping the cause.

You will be astonished to know that they go by the word ... eCigarette and the 'e' is not even heard .. THAT is the reason why they put vaping to the same category as smoking. The word eCigarette triggers a reaction that does not go in our favor. So the first thing that all of us need to do is, stop using that word. We are vapers and we vape. It's vaping, NOT smoking!

Each time anyone uses the word smoke or eCigarette, we need to correct them: It's vaping, NOT smoking! There are 4 ingredients in eLiquid: VG, PG, Nic and Flavoring. It is vapor, it is vape but NOT smoke! Every now and then I see people discussing about vaping and mistakenly use the word "smoke" .. but heck there is no smoke. There is NO combustion, so how can there be smoke?

From Wikipedia:

[size=1em]"Smoking is a practice in which a substance is burned and the resulting smoke breathed in to be tasted and absorbed into the bloodstream. Most commonly the substance is the dried leaves of the tobacco plant which have been rolled into a small square of rice paper to create a small, round cylinder called a cigarette."[/size]

Stress on the word "burned" which means, combustion. In case of smoking, there's combustion. But in case of vaping, there is NO combustion. How can we relate smoking and vaping to each other? Practically, these are two different things. Two different methods of delivering nicotine to the bloodstream. However, vaping is a much safer method in comparison to smoking. The only thing that relates them is the name given to vaping in it's early days .. eCigarette.

So this is the first step that we all vapers need to take and ensure that we stop using the word eCigarette. Stop calling it eCigs, eCigarettes, etc. Instead, always call it vaping. And raise the slogan whenever someone fails to use the correct wording. Correct them, "It's vaping, NOT smoking". The more we use this word, the better it will be for all of us.

Vaper

Default Re: It's Vaping, NOT Smoking

You're absolutely correct Andy. People literally call it hell of the smoke, when they see people vaping and exhaling tons of vape. I also explain people how this is different from smoke and cigarettes. It really important for people understand between smoke and vape, smoking and vaping. They would only understand of they will see big shots doing it and explaining it on media. No matter how much we explain this to our lil group of smokers while vaping, the world won't understane or government for that matter.

Campaigns and conventions around the world would help people to understand that difference. Specially indian believe what they see in social media or live events.

Arranging a convention in different major cities will really help people or smoker to understand vaping and try it. They need vaper to explain vaping term in detail on stage like a seminar where they can touch the vaping gears, feel the tons of eliq according to the profile they like. People would probably buy it on spot as well, would never go back to smoke.

Anyway things need to done and capers in India do something about it.
    I'm always up to stand for worlds good.
    Question is .........ARE YOU? :P

Vapetastic

Ab rulayega kya pagle. Well said andy bhai.

[quote author=Chandan1790 link=topic=1971.msg17340#msg17340 date=1459968720]
    Campaigns and conventions around the world would help people to understand that difference. Specially indian believe what they see in social media or live events.

Arranging a convention in different major cities will really help people or smoker to understand vaping and try it. They need vaper to explain vaping term in detail on stage like a seminar where they can touch the vaping gears, feel the tons of eliq according to the profile they like. People would probably buy it on spot as well, would never go back to smoke.
    [/quote]

Totally agree. That is what we need to do .. educate others. Explain it to them that it is not a cigarette and it is not smoke. Holding meets and conventions to educate others would be a step in the right direction. The question is, who all are willing to spend time? Who all are willing to go out and speak out?

We need dedicated people who would take out some time out of their busy schedule, contact institutes and work places where there are a lot of smokers. Explain to them how vaping can help since vaping is a much lesser harmful alternative to delivering nicotine to the system. It is not only lesser harmful but also cleaner. There's no ash, no ciggie buds, no harm to bystanders, no stinki smells, a win-win in every sense.

So tell me who all have any such plans? Who all wish to volunteer their time? Who all wish to change the world for good? Who all wish to take an initiative to change others' lives?

Give me ideas .. do you know of any such work places where there are a lot of smokers? Oh well, every workplace has smokers. Not sure if I should laugh or be sad about my statement but it's a fact.

I will give you an example of taking such an initiative....

I visited the Hyundai showroom in my city for servicing my car. Took my vaporizer with me. I intentionally started vaping within the premises (but in a vacant area of course). A few folks got interested and asked me if I was smoking. But they knew I wasn't smoking and were curious to know what I was doing. I explained to them that it is a vaporizer and what they see is vapor, not smoke. The supervisor called up a small meeting and requested me to explain to their workers about the vaporizer. I gladly took the opportunity and explained to them what a vaporizer is, how much it costed me, where they can buy, etc. Gave them the link to this forum and the FB communities.

Now, how many of those switched over? I don't know. My purpose was fulfilled the moment I introduced them to vaping. The point here is to get the word out and inform them about this alternative. That's all there is guys.

Let's go ahead and take such small initiatives and spread the word out. The more we do that, the faster our community will grow stronger. So, who all wish to take such initiatives? Do you have any such examples to motivate others to take such initiatives? Please share.

Vaper

Great Andy Bhai, I do the same at random places. My main targets are always IT companies smoking zones. You'll fine countless smokers there. I always go to these smoking zones and intentionally start vaping. People literally see and ask about the device and difference between smoke and vape. Always feels good to explain this and people do understand.

I think cities like Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore would be the best place to arrange such convention or event. Especially in IT companies where vaping would spread like a fire. Obviously will have to take certain steps to make it happen.

I'm doing it already in my company and getting good.response.
    I'm really interested in participating to arrange a convention or event in somel place where people can actually meet a group of vapeste in person, instead of just one. As saying goes, POWER OF UNITY ALWAYS WINS.
    Vapesters like us can share our experiences and they can try our gears. I'm sure it will motivate people to switch.
    Take it as a VAPEFARE (VAPE MELA)
    Anyways I'm in for good cause.

But what if my MOD is called Smok. Am I then Smoking?

Anytime I am at a social gathering and someone calls my vape an e-cigarette I ban them from taking tokes. If you can't respect my device, no more taste for you. Then they wallow in misery while I blow thick chunks of delicious mouth-watering custard ejuice vapor towards them.

Probably a bit harsh, but it pisses me off when someone says electronic cigarette.