Default What's the word when things go beyond being ridiculous?

I understand that we all want to buy stuff at cheaper price and I've been the first to complain whenever someone charges an outrageous price. Anyway, I bought a mech mod (Fortune Mod) from FastTech last year for $27. The current price mentioned on FT (SKU 1862009) is $23.60 for this 3 tube mod set. Convert that to INR (Paypal conversion is Rs 70 per dollar):

I bought it at $27 .. Conversion .. Rs 1890/-
    As per the current price listed on FT $23.60 .. Conversion .. Rs 1652/-

I used the mod for like 2 to 3 months. Then I started using other mods and stuff and packed the Fortune in it's box. The mod has been eating dust (although works great) in my cabinet, so I thought, let's just sell it away.

Listed the mod for Rs 590/- (including packaging, handling and shipping) on Ebay. Of course, Ebay also wants their cut out of a sale, so that will also be deducted from those Rs 590. I will have to ship the mod, packaging and shipping would cost something too. And then a gem comes up saying he would like to buy the Fortune mod but since it is used, would expect a discounted price.

You see, this is the kind of mentality some people have. You offer them a lower price out of your honesty, they would shamelessly come around swinging and punch you in your nuts. If I'm already offering a lower price, shouldn't people respect that and take the stuff without bitching? Or am I being an idiot to offer a lower price in the first place? I sense the later

And it's not only people on Ebay, some of our own community members have stooped that low. Well, don't worry, it's gonna come back sooner or later.

Vapetastic

Default Re: What's the word when things go beyond being ridiculous?

Well Andy, thats just the way people are and there will always be some odd joker trying to low ball you. I can understand if you listed it at 1k and then someone asked for a discount, but this is just low balling in the hope that the seller is desperate to sell

Vapaholic

Looks like the dude didn't do his homework on the actual price of the mod before asking for a discount.

He asked me to lower the price to Rs 500 ... Oh wow, Rs 90 can make hell of a difference! I instead raised the price to Rs 990 .. He can KMA now

[quote author=mav2000 link=topic=2160.msg17985#msg17985 date=1462816222]
    Well Andy, thats just the way people are and there will always be some odd joker trying to low ball you. I can understand if you listed it at 1k and then someone asked for a discount, but this is just low balling in the hope that the seller is desperate to sell
    [/quote]

That's exactly the kind of mentality a few people have. They think they are pretty good businessmen but what they do not realize, it's outright immoral and being a lowlife fag. Anyway, in their mind they are right until the same happens with them and then you see them crying everywhere lol.

I have always always always over-paid good folks who try to keep their prices genuine with me. I wish to support those who have an attitude to help and keep a reasonable price for the stuff they sell.

Anyway, that's what we call life, gotta move on and care for those who care

Vapetastic

[quote author=MensRea link=topic=2160.msg18086#msg18086 date=1463411340]
    Relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVhnICphIg
    [/quote]

Oh yeah, I should probably send the tubes and just keep the top cap and switches.

"You want the rest of it, pay up Rs 1000"