Vapetastic

Default Cheers to a Healthier Choice

Hi All !
    Just another smoker for a good 15 years smoked around 30-40 cigarettes a day as well as frequenting shisha in recent past.
    I first came across an E-Cig or Vaporizer back in June of 2014 a simple vape pen with a 650 mah battery and a small 1.8 ml tank atomizer with tiny little 2 ohm coils and a bunch load of o+ ejuice and this set up had kept me off the stinkies from June2014 to Jan2015 but then the device started to give up on me and somehow by the end of the same month I slowly went back to smoking from vaping.
    Why I switched to VAPING ??
    -Started to pant on the slightest of physical doing like a bit of walking etc...
    -Flem issues each morning I woke up with a clogged throat and nose.
    -Teeth had gone from white to tar black.
    -Was losing health as well as a big chunk of earnings just being burnt away in smoke.

I did a little google foo before making the switch and read on how vaping isn't anything like smoking as it's all liquid heating over dry burning and how so many people globally were successfully able to kick the buts because I too was eager to quit the habit and had tried going cold turkey, nicotine gums and patches etc... it was all but in vain as I eventually went back to it.

For the very first time in all these years I didn't crave a cigarette in those 7 months I had quit.
    KUDOS to Vaping !

From Feb of 2015 till Jan 2016 I went back to old habits and all the old troubles and issues rolled back on me head on once again and that is when it struck me of how I did not have any of the above mentioned health issues during those 7 months of Vaping and so I finally once again bought myself another Vape Pen this time though the stuff was much better in performance and longevity and then I struck a gold mine of this community filled with super helpful fellow vapers who have inspired and helped me quit the stinkies once again also to become an advocate of Vaping to urge and convert as many smokers as possible to make a healthier choice and to be able to do so much more than just blowing smoke.

Been 4 months and 13 days as of today since I've quit again and I am glad to have chosen this path as I can see that I breath better, taste better and smell better than I used to in all those years I was smoking, I now have been able to get back to swimming and all other physical sports that I was regular at and I don't pant in 10 minutes of playtime.

"DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT, OLD AGE SHOULD BURN AND RAVE AT CLOSE OF DAY;
    RAGE, RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT.
    THOUGH WISE MEN AT THEIR END KNOW DARK IS NIGHT, BECAUSE THEIR WORDS HAD FORKED NO LIGHTNING THEY
    DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT."
    RizwanM

Default Re: Cheers to a Healthier Choice

Inspiring bro! Thanks for sharing and glad you made it through. Live strong

Now this is a fucking good story. Incredible bro! Hopefully more people will read this and get inspired.

Vapetastic

[quote author=hillsnipe link=topic=2281.msg19282#msg19282 date=1464596129]
    Now this is a fucking good story. Incredible bro! Hopefully more people will read this and get inspired.
    [/quote]

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=2281.msg19258#msg19258 date=1464585293]
    Inspiring bro! Thanks for sharing and glad you made it through. Live strong
    [/quote]

Thank You guys !! the tireless efforts of our community inspires me everyday can't thank enough for the continuous support and information passed on.
    RizwanM