Vaper

Default Maharashtra/Mumbai Vapers, how are you dealing with the ban?

Hello, 1 year vaper here, started vaping while in Delhi, now in Bhopal and moving to Mumbai soon. Worried about ban in MH.

How do you deal with the ban and get your stuff in Mumbai? Mumbai customs already messing with my packages when shipping to MP, so I'm sure they'll certainly stop my FT packages when my address is in Mumbai.

Vaper

Default Re: Maharashtra/Mumbai Vapers, how are you dealing with the ban?

And just for the credo, I go under the same nom-de-plume on Fast Tech forums.

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/author/-?author=kkraaj

Honestly, I haven't faced any issues whatsoever so far. Liquids and mods/kits have reached me without a hitch. I have received a Zamplebox since the supposed ban in Maharashtra came into effect. While I still haven't found any official government document relating to the ban, it isn't really affecting my vaping habit in the least. I should mention that my orders are generally small and I keep the tanks/mods and liquids separate. The Zampleboxes I've received have been 6 bottle boxes and have not had to pay any duty. Just keep it discreet and you should be able to fly under the radar with no issues!

Welcome KKRaaj, I'm that shameless self-promoter named Andyk on FT forums who is known to eat people alive lol.

Anyway, jokes aside, like KM mentioned, if your orders are smaller, shouldn't be any problems.

Vaper

Welcome KKRaj.

To experiment I ordered in increasing amount of liquid quantities to test the custom hurdle. I order my hardware from Fasttech and liquids and suppiles from gearbest. Gearbest always undervalues the invoice and till now $10-$50 orders went smooth.

One order containing @500 ml liquids is currently held at customs but even with 100% custom duty it will be still supercheap. that was my largest eliquid order so far.

Currently trying out ordering each liquid bottle separately (30 to 100 ml) as shipping with trackinig on gearbest is just $0.19 (can't get cheaper than that). Gearbest even deliver $2-$3 products in same way as they do $50+. So why not take advantage of that? my local postman is puzzled by these alternate day deliveries

Fasttech is limiting options for shipping nowdays. No problem so far though.

As far as the ban goes, Gearbest invoices hide the eliquids as anything but eliquids . Recently for one of my $400+ order they told me that they can send only with DHL and and warned me about possible custom duty upfront. I agreed immediately as I need those items badly

Avoid Chaina mail at any cost. custom will hold your items 9 out of 10 times.

Ordering from Indian vendors and our forum members could be tricky as most wont ship to Maharashtra (some wont ship even the zero nic stuff).

Bottmline: Keep your order small and be ready to pay custom duty occasionally. Always deal with custom officials politely. Take full advantage of free/low shipping whenever possible.

Vaper

Sorry logged in after quite some time. Thanks for the responses guys. And AndyK I'm familar with your danger rep of course, and we have crossed paths on the FT forums as well.

I'm seriously rethinking about moving to Mumbai because of the vaping ban. Muchos chutiyayi these governments are doing.

kkraaj - honestly man the people on the ground have no clue about the government regulations so nothing has really changed. They were charging arbitrary duty on vaping gear before the supposed ban and will continue to do so. Granted there may be a few officials in the know but for the most part they're totally clueless. Haven't faced any hiccups receiving my vape gear here, whether before or after the ban. There's a sizeable number of people here vaping without issues - come join the gang!