Vaper

Default Please Digital Weighing scale 0.01g precision

Hi all,

if you are using any digital weighing scale with 0.01g precision and found fairly accurate and useful for making your juice, please tell me the model and where to buy.

I ordered one from Amazon India but received one with 0.1g precision which is not useful for small batch. All help appreciated.
    Thanks

Default Re: Please Digital Weighing scale 0.01g precision

Why would you want to go for a 0.01 gm scale? Even air would have impact on weighing items that low in weight. So, in order to negate air hindrance, there needs to be a hood on top of the scale. Such a scale will be pretty costly. Take a look ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/600-x-0-01-G...item4161563ef5

Your best bet would be to stick to a good quality 0.1g scale because 0.1g is damn too small in it's entirety. Think again, do you really want to weigh 0.01g?

I have a simple kitchen electronic scale that does the job beautifully .. but it measures down to 1gm only. I can live with that because that's all I need

Vaper

Thanks AndyK bhai for your informative reply.

most of the DIY by weight recipes mention like 1.69 gram etc. I thought that this may require scale with 0.01g precision. The Gold weighing scales cost a bomb for sure but there are lot of Chinese pocket scales floating around which cost just Rs300-500 and work fairly accurate.

As a noob in DIY I typically thought that getting a conmanly used Chinese scale will give be good start in making 10ml experimental batches

Of course, with your level of experience you can mix bigger batches requiring lesser precision . Its noob like me who want to avoid mistake by depending on instruments and typical youtube suggestions.

to start with ordered this Jewellery Digital Weighing Scale http://www.amazon.in/Pesco-Jewellery...ilpage_o00_s00

Hmm looks good bro.. If it really does 0.01gm, it's the best in that price I have seen so far

Vaper

[quote author=samazdar link=topic=2940.msg22425#msg22425 date=1472590968]
    Thanks AndyK bhai for your informative reply.

most of the DIY by weight recipes mention like 1.69 gram etc. I thought that this may require scale with 0.01g precision. The Gold weighing scales cost a bomb for sure but there are lot of Chinese pocket scales floating around which cost just Rs300-500 and work fairly accurate.

As a noob in DIY I typically thought that getting a conmanly used Chinese scale will give be good start in making 10ml experimental batches

Of course, with your level of experience you can mix bigger batches requiring lesser precision . Its noob like me who want to avoid mistake by depending on instruments and typical youtube suggestions.

to start with ordered this Jewellery Digital Weighing Scale http://www.amazon.in/Pesco-Jewellery...ilpage_o00_s00
    [/quote]
    I have been using something similar for a long time its really good. I dont use it just for DIY liquids for other stuffs as well. If you are doing big batches get a baking scale

Vaper

Finally received correct scale. the reading changes only with .02-.03 grams but thats still ok for my purpose. Perfect for making 10ml experimental batches or to add nic in low mg juice. Thanks all for your help.