Default Welcome to the New Forum!

*** Announcement for IV Forum Members ***

Finally, the new forum is live at www.IndianVapers.com (the root of the domain). I have been working pretty hard since last few weeks to get the new forum up and running. In the process of importing the database and everything from the current forum (www.indianvapers.com/forum) to the new forum (www.indianvapers.com), I've had some difficulty in dealing with bugs and errors. It took me 3 weeks to fix everything and get the new forum up and running. So, the posts that are put up on the old forum within this time frame, those posts wont be moved to the new forum.

The reason for moving from SMF to vBulletin platform is simple: more options, more user-friendly and more interactive. vBulletin offers a lot more features which will be pretty useful.

CURRENT MEMBERS DON'T HAVE TO CREATE NEW ACCOUNTS. OLD ACCOUNTS WILL WORK!

You can use the same accounts that you are using on the old forum. In case you cannot login to the new forum, please RESET your password and you wouldn't have any problems logging in.

I hope you will like this new platform more than the old one

In order to phase out from the old forum to the new forum, I will be running both the forums for a week. The forum ( www.indianvapers.com/forum ) will continue to work till December 19th. On the 20th of this month, the old forum will be removed and only the main forum at www.IndianVapers.com will continue to work. If you need any help, please feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks and happy vaping

Regards,
    Andyk

Default Re: Welcome to the New Forum!

Having reset my password and explored the new forum a bit, I thank you for having done a FANTASTIC job. I've been a regular on the Forum and honestly did not see anything wrong with the old one. All the information was accessible and it was pretty easy to navigate. However, now that I've had a look at the Forum's spanking new avatar, it just feels like everything has been improved. Kind of like vaping - you've got a nice setup that works well for you and you find no faults with it. But then you get a newer setup in your hands and its better in every way. Even though both do the same thing, the new one is always better

Great job Andy, you deserve a standing ovation for your continued efforts for our community.

Thanks KM,

Well, I really liked SMF platform but there were quite a few limitations that were bugging me. vBulletin offers a lot of options and is a lot more admin/user friendly

You will see what I meant in the coming days.

Regards.

Vapetastic

I've noticed that the javascript is not always loading on Firefox. It works sometimes, but on refresh or going back there its not there. My Firefox is up to date and I have not seen this on any other website. Everything is fine on Chrome though. Is the problem on your end? I thought I'll let you know.

Cheers on the new forum, it looks great! Thanks for putting in all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by MensRea View Post
    I've noticed that the javascript is not always loading on Firefox. It works sometimes, but on refresh or going back there its not there. My Firefox is up to date and I have not seen this on any other website. Everything is fine on Chrome though. Is the problem on your end? I thought I'll let you know.

Cheers on the new forum, it looks great! Thanks for putting in all the work.
    Hello bhai,

Thanks for the headsup! It looks like the problem is within FF because if I mark the forums read on any other browser, it works. However, no matter how many times I mark the forums read, it keeps showing that there are new posts when I load the website again.

I'm starting to dislike FF because of frequent updates/upgrades/crashes and what not. Looks like they are always up with something new without proper testing. I have been a long time member at Mozilla forums and it's just not us. People are kicking the Mozilla team for fixing things that are not broken

But i will look further into this to make sure that it is only FF and not the forum. Thanks for informing!

Vaper

Being in the Tech domain myself, I know how much effort it took for this upgradation, Andy. Kudos!!! Thank you from all of us for keeping this forum and Vaping alive and kicking. The new forum looks

Quote Originally Posted by jab.expert View Post
    Being in the Tech domain myself, I know how much effort it took for this upgradation, Andy. Kudos!!! Thank you from all of us for keeping this forum and Vaping alive and kicking. The new forum looks
    Hello buddy,

Yes, it took some real brainjob to import. Setting up a new forum isn't all that tough as much it was to import from SMF to vBulletin. I did it all the first time and accidentally deleted an important folder. Had to re-do all over again. Then comes the part, fixing the bugs and errors. Holy vapes! lol

Thanks for the kind words

We're missing some nice smileys .. it's just the standard smiley set .. gonna add some nice ones today