Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vaper

Default Suggestion for Mech Mods and RDAs

Hi all,

I was checking fast tech for the various mech mods and atomizers. I liked a few and providing the link below:

Mech Mod:
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/30...echanical-mod#

Atomizer:
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/302...pping-atomizer

Looks like it will look nice together. This will be my first time using a mech mod. What else will I need to buy these except these two? Which coil and cotton? Any tools required? batteries?

Have gone through some RDA tutorials today and doesn't seem much of an issue.

Please assist. Planning to raise an order with fast tech really soon.

Cheers!
    Nitin

Vapaholic

Default Re: Suggestion for Mech Mods and RDAs

Before going mech you need sound understanding of ohms law. What your battery can handle etc. Look for Andys thread. You will need kanthal wire for the coil build, resistance tester, coil jig (optional), organic cotton or Japanese cotton, IMR high drain 18350 batteries for the mod you choose, good quality charger like nitecore or xtar

Hello buddy, if you plan to go with mech mods, read mech mods and rebuildables guide. Also, understand that you need good batteries that can fire the resistance you plan to go with. Stay above the lowest resistance your battery(ies) can handle.

Vaperazzi

Hi Nitin,
    Good to see you here mate - and yes, see - already help is at hand
    So if you are the really engineering type of guy - who is cool with changing the 220V fuse & rewiring electrical appliances all by himself, has a reasonable grasp of how electrical stuff works - basic ones - sure go ahead and get yourself a mech mod.
    Otherwise, go for a regulated mod. WHY? You are protected from the dangers of a powerful battery accidentally misused.

Vapetastic

Hi Nitin,

After the pointers, hints and warnings, if you're still waning to try the mech mod+rda way, you should find these small efforts highly rewarded

My 2˘: the Caravela is most probably a good mod, but avoid the Omega (my first RDA). Good vape but it's a PITA to build, it leaks like crazy, there are much better options these days.
    I'm suggesting you go eg. for the Magma (https://www.fasttech.com/p/1718100) or the Marquis (https://www.fasttech.com/p/2056506) instead. They are currently top notch "flavor chasers" attys, yet have a very decent airflow, and are a pleasure to use.

Vaperazzi

Nitin, i would suggest to try a KF lite first. Get familiar - then go for RDA - those will give you more power handling capability - but different flavour. You can get an RDA also parallely , if you want. Choose one which is well recommended, has air flow control - doesnt leak too much. I cant emphasize enough - air flow control is important. Also, do you do direct lung hits - if not, dont be in a hurry for RDA, imo.
    Start with a RTA , get an RDA also, no harm.

I would also recommend a Magma .. Omegas are outdated. Agree with foobar, it's a bit tough to build an omega, plus it leaks and has other issues. Marquis has very good reviews. Agree with Kalc, should get a KF Lite in case you plan to go with a tank atomizer (RTA).

Good suggestions everyone

Vaperazzi

Yes, magma has some afc - so can be a good start.

Vaper

Guys!

I am feeling privileged to have so many useful replies and insights. These will surely help me decide on my device.

Bit busy with work now. I will taking out sometime in the night and will watch some other videos as well related to wicks, coils , sub - ohms, etc.

One quick question.. How much difference will it make vaping it from a device which uses 18350 and the one which uses 18650?

This forum isn't only a life saver. It's like a heaven for beginners like me. Thanks so much again.

Cheers!
    Nitin

Vaperazzi

18650 is the standard Nitin - i would recommend to buy devices which use 18650, if you have the option

Indeed .. 18650 will give you whole day vaping and will also provide a little extra protection if you lower than 1.0 ohm resistance on your atomizer.

18500 and 18350 are preferred if you wish to have a stealth setup.

18650 = 18 mm diameter, 65 mm height (forgot what 0 represented).
    18500 = 18 mm diameter, 50 mm height.
    18350 = 18 mm diameter, 35 mm height.

All depends on the MAH and Amps the batteries can push. Most 18650s are 2000+ MAH (with exception of a few batteries and old AW IMR 1600 MAH)
    Most 18500 are 1000 MAH and most 18350 are close to 600 MAH.

I have checked on moderate vaping, 18650 lasts whole day easily (In my opinion, Moderate - vaping once every 1 to 2 hours, just like smoking stinkies). Most 18500s would last about 7 or 8 hours for me. And 18350s last about 4 to 5 hours, may be 6 hours.

This is the reason people stick to 18650s most of the time so that they don't have to change batteries. But, it's not a big deal. Carry 2 18500s or 18350s with you and you have a stealthy setup for whole day.

Again, it's all a personal opinion, not some industry standard or something. The point is, whatever is easily/readily available and whatever floats your boat

Vaper

Hi guys,

Was checking out some tutorials, videos and stuff. Was making a list of items to buy, list already says around 65 dollars. I can remove Magma or K Lite to make it to 50 ish. Batteries and battery charger are not included yet. Am I doing something wrong? or one should target a budget of say around 80 dollars for one set up? Don't you think its better going for a itaste 50 for 50 dollars, phew!!!....?

Attaching the list of items I made to buy... Re-considering..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vapetastic

Hi Nitin,

I suggest you remove the coil jig, and start with only 1 kanthal wire which will last for months anyways, you'll complete your accessories when you need them. If you have a multimeter at home, you can also remove the resistance checker. That would bring your bill down to around 50 USD.

By the way, FT sends for free at around 20USD onwards. Better split in small packages as much as possible for the customs. That's specially true for the batteries, which are sent by boat and it takes around 3 months: make sure not to include them in the same order.

Agree with all that foobar said ..

Break your orders into at least 3 orders of $20 to $30 each.

10m of each wire size is more than enough. I'd advice you to instead order 26, 28 and 30 AWG (10m each) and that will last you years!

My favorite mods are Astro and Launcher (both telescopic). Launcher is a bit heavy, but Astro is the right weight and one of the best mods in my arsenal. By no means I'm saying that Nemesis is bad, it's good too!

That OHM tester is shyte though! I'd rather recommend this one: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1815700

I have that cheaper OHM tester that gave up in about couple of months and started giving false readings that were way off the actual reading. Better invest in a good quality ohm tester and avoid unnecessary trouble. But that's just my opinion..

Vaper

Thanks Andy.

Point taken. Replaced Nemesis with Astro. Just thinking of ordering 10 m Kanthal 26 as of now. How long will it last for?

Shall I order both KF lite and Magnum? What you advise? Both look pretty decent.

Could you please also send me links to buy 18650 batteries and charger?

Thanks
    Nitin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast