Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Suggestion for Mech Mods and RDAs

Astro is a brilliant mod! Hard hitting and smaller in size compared to a Nemesis.

I would rather advice you to go with 28 AWG 10m .. it's the best for flavor and vapor production in my opinion. Whenever you have to rebuild a coil, you only use some 4 inches of wire (in case of single coil). One coil goes fine for a couple of weeks if the juice is of good quality. You can do the math and see how long will your 10m last

KF lite and Magma are both pretty good, should get both.

18650 Batteries - SKU 1659701
    18650 Charger - SKU 1765202

Make sure to put your batteries in a totally separate order because batteries will take from 2 to 3 months to reach you.

Vaper

Hi Andy,

Thanks again. Replaced Kanthal 26 with Kanthal 28.

Batteries will take 2-3 months to reach me? Don't we have any other options? I think it would be a very long wait for me to start vaping and I am not so patient.

Suggesstion again!!

- Nitin

Vaper

New revised list which is around a 100 Dollar Bill

[img width=600 height=92]http://s11.postimg.org/evi0o04kj/e_Cig_100_Dollar_Bill.jpg[/img]

Exactly as I mentioned in the "mech mods and rebuildables guide", the budget would be around $100 or INR 6500

All of the stuff till Organic cotton is just fine, put them through the checkout.

Batteries and the charger is a bit of a concern though. It has been reported that 90% Sony VTCs out there are fake. So do your research properly bhai before buying any Sony batteries. There's a lot of re-wrapping going on out there and if you happen to buy some fakes, won't be good to use in a mech mode. I'm putting a big ***WARNING*** here and I'm sure experienced folks here would agree with me. Research properly and buy the correct batteries. I can only hope those batteries are original but if they are not, won't be good. I have no way to confirm if those batteries are original or not.

I would strongly suggest to buy batteries from FT, many people have bought those batteries I recommended to you. They'll come in their own time. In the mean time, order all the other stuff in different batches, each order between $20 to $30. FT doesn't mind separate orders.

I have authentic high drain eFest 18500 batteries listed on eBay (search for eFest batteries on ebay.in), you may order a pair of those and use them until you get your 18650s but that's just an option. Buying or not is up to you, not trying to upsell or push you into anything. Just saying ..

About the charger, why order the Nitecore I2? D2 costs around same from FT and you get a digital charger instead of I2. I have used both and would recommend D2 over I2. But again, both work absolutely fine. So if you have made your mind for that I2, go with it

Whatever you do buddy, just stay safe!

Vapetastic

May I be first one to suggest an iStick 50w instead of the mech mod + battery + charger? The battery on it is 4400mAh which is about 2 18650s and the size isn't all that big. You'll save money on it and it won't take 3 months to reach you because it doesn't have an exposed battery.

Vaperazzi

KF lite and magma yes, they are completely diff genres
    Plz read another thread where Andy bhai has mentioned the correct magma to order.

[quote author=pythonbeg link=topic=373.msg4350#msg4350 date=1425621353]
    May I be first one to suggest an iStick 50w instead of the mech mod + battery + charger? The battery on it is 4400mAh which is about 2 18650s and the size isn't all that big. You'll save money on it and it won't take 3 months to reach you because it doesn't have an exposed battery.
    [/quote]

Totally agree with Python, iStick 50w would be the best and will help him avoid all the fiasco with batteries and chargers and what not. That would also be a much cheaper solution compared to a mech mod (and 20 things you have to buy with a mech mod)

[quote author=kalc link=topic=373.msg4351#msg4351 date=1425624077]
    KF lite and magma yes, they are completely diff genres
    Plz read another thread where Andy bhai has mentioned the correct magma to order.
    [/quote]

Forgot to link to that thread, thanks for reminding kalc bhai

It's here Nitin - Avoid this bad Magma

Oh boy, I just checked the Magma he wishes to buy, SKU 1852802

Do you see what's wrong with it?

It's a 30mm Magma. Please don't buy that one Nitin, it's a 30mm wide atomizer .. Instead buy SKU 1718100 which is a 22 or 23mm atomizer.

Vaper

Guys,

THANKS very much for the help.

I hAve plAced the order for my first mech mod setup. AttAched is the screeNshot of the order plAced.

[img width=600 height=84]http://s30.postimg.org/aa0txoecx/Order_Pl_Aced.jpg[/img]

- NITIN

Badhia bhai!

In the mean time, buy some tweezers (pointed tweezer and flat end tweezer) and also buy some screwdrivers.

I wanted to talk about this particular tool, it's my best ever friend in coiling etc:

[img width=600 height=337]http://s1.postimg.org/8r94xuskv/2mm_screwdriver.jpg[/img]

I love this screwdriver so much that I make sure to cover it before sleeping in a worry it wouldn't catch cold or something

Seriously, it's my favorite tool for coiling and can't even think about coiling without it lol.

Vaper

Hi Andy,

Looks nice.. where did you buy it from?Snapdeal?
    And about tweezers, is it better to buy online or from local shops?

Thanks
    Nitin

Vapaholic

go for ceramic tweezers if you are into building coils and all.. the screw driver shown above can be bought online locally, its a Jewellry screw driver... its used in watch repairs also

Don't exactly remember where I bought it, I have tried to think hard lol. Well, it came with a set of screwdrivers. As WAI mentioned, can be bought locally.

About tweezers, I have never needed the ceramic tweezers but yeah, can't go wrong with one. I use just one pointed tweezer and a flat one, both stainless steel. Plus, I use a small nose plier for pinching coils. Tweezers can't really pinch anything above 26 AWG. It can but with a greater force, it's just not practical. Nose pliers are much better if you can find one with a long nose

Vaperazzi

Yes, i use a ceramic tweezer. Works like a charm. I pinch everything with tweezers - Andy bhai, didnt get your point that tweezers cant press anything above 26awg? I burn and press, burn and press - do that at least 6 to 10 times, to get rid of the metallic aroma - once the coil is well burnt, then i wick it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast