Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vaper

Default Ready for the next level in vaping .... suggestions?

Hi all,
    I have been introduced to the vaping world for 4 months now. I started off with an evod2 kit from healthcabin. I then went on to purchase a VV smoktech battery and a mini protank 3 from fasttech. I have been buying and trying different flavors from babavapes. I wish to have more control on my vaping setup.

1. The kangertech coils get gunked up pretty fast. I don't know if I am ready for an RTA rebuilding and all, but am willing to try.
    2. I would like to have good flavor production, air flow control and prefer mid to high Throat hit.

Portability is very important to me and hence I doubt whether dripping setups will work.

Could you guys point me to the right atty/mod?

I do not wish to experiment much and am looking for a long term investment. ;D

Vaperazzi

Default Re: Ready for the next level in vaping .... suggestions?

Try the KF lite & the ego one with clr coils. Both produce excellent flavour for M2L.
    You will need some 28awg A1 kanthal and some cotton ( pads are easier to wrok with in my experience ).
    If you are basically a M2L guy and have no interest in clouds , then a 30W mod like mvp 3.0 should be enough. 50W will be more than enough, even if you want to try could cloud chasing/lung hits now or sometime later.
    SX300, MVP 3 pro, zero mod are all very good options. MVP have internal batts, the others have external, so you would need to buy batts and charger in that case.
    I am not suggesting the istick as i am not so confident of its quality - may last you a few months, maybe.

Agree with Kalc bhai .. KF Lite is the best to start with since it will allow you to do M2L. A for the mods, there are many good quality mods available. Can start with any mod from Sigelei, SX300, etc.

For eLiquids, Ali Murtaza on FB community .. has some of the best flavors.

Vaper

I was not aware of the difference between Direct to Lung and Mouth to Lung. But I think I like D2L, as that is how I smoke currently. The throat hit and warmth is more important to me than the flavor.

Thank you kalc and Andy bhai for your suggestions..

[quote author=manikandtan.ck link=topic=798.msg9180#msg9180 date=1437297617]
    I was not aware of the difference between Direct to Lung and Mouth to Lung. But I think I like D2L, as that is how I smoke currently. The throat hit and warmth is more important to me than the flavor.

Thank you kalc and Andy bhai for your suggestions..
    [/quote]

Ma nigga!

I too like D2L and TH is the most important aspect of vaping for me .. then yeah, warmth, flavor, clouds .. in that order. And that's the reason I'm always dying to have more and more air in my atties. Loved the Big Dripper V2, Aqua V2, Subtank Mini (new RBA head), etc. And from drippers .. Baal RDA, Badass RDA and Aromamizer are my current fav atties

Vaper

Sorry guys. Had a bit of a medical issue and couldn't respond. :'( But I am back now, and my plans are very much back on.

• [li]AndyK, your reviews of the Big Dripper V2 sounded just the kind of things I wanted: warmth, TH, good sized clouds. Flavor too. Really interested in it. But do you guys think I can handle it as my first rebuildable? I am open to tinkering but since I spend most of my up time at office, I need it to be reliable(Rugged/no leakage).[/li]
      [li]I don't have a battery/charger yet except what I have for my EVOD/Smoktech VV tube batt. So would MVP 3.0(https://www.fasttech.com/products/2278802) at 30W be a good daily runner for me?[/li]
      [li] Should I spend more and invest in a replaceable battery type Mod? Will it be cheaper in the long run?[/li]
      [li] Also will 30W be enough for me for warmth, high TH and great clouds( on the Big Dripper, if you guys find it suitable)?[/li]
    please share your views.

Big Dripper V2 has leakage issues. I have one brand new to sell but can't guide you wrong. So forget it ..

1). I feel, you should start with a single coil atty like the Subtank Mini or Smok TFV4 with rebuildable head. Or even Lemo 2 would work just fine. There are tens of atties out there that you can try but go slowly bhai.

2). Many many good quality mods out there. At the moment, I can recommend only eVic VTc Mini 60W mod. It has VW mode, TC mode, Ti Support and I think it has the passthru mode too. With the eVic VTC Mini, you won't need a separate charger or OHM checker either.

3). I would always suggest to own a mod with replaceable battery because mods that have inbuilt batteries, are a bit tough to deal with when the battery goes bonkers. I mean, the battery is soldered inside such mods. If you're comfortable with replacing soldered batteries, go with an inbuilt battery mod. The price will be almost the same in both cases.

4). 30W for a beginner is more than enough if you plan to vape on something like the KF Lite tank. But if you are going with something like the TFV4 or other such atomizers (direct lung hit atties), then you may need more power. Again, eVic VTC Mini seems like a better option here.

Vaper

Thank you AndyK for your suggestions.

eVic VTC Mini seems really good. Is this the right one to buy? https://www.fasttech.com/products/3331700

Similarily I am confused about the subtank mini. It seems to have multiple versions of the same.
    This one has the most positive reviews and comments:
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ni-clearomizer

But do you guys suggest any clones as well?

Yes that eVic VTC Mini is just fine but make sure to apply coupon code MAP and the price will go down a lot. The coupon will work only on the mod, not other items you add in your cart.

For the Subtank mini, check my review here: http://www.indianvapers.com/forum/in...pic,687.0.html

Make sure to get the acrylic tank mentioned in the second post of that thread. With that acrylic tank, the Subtank mini looks gorgeous. There are other color acrylic tanks available too, can get red, blue, etc (don't remember what other colors are available).

Vaper

Thanks AndyK Bhai.. !
    I have added them to my cart but the eVic is on pre-order and the shipping data is said to be 13th October. :'( :'(
    Do you know any other trusted site where I can get this faster? from India perhaps?
    I searched our forum and FB pages but couldn't find any.

Vapetastic

Evic vt mini kit is available for sale on TGVCOI Facebook page

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

Vaper

Guys,

I have ordered the Subtank mini and the eVic VTC mini. The wait is a long one. :'(
    I have asked them to split the order and send me atleast the atty in first. They have obliged.

By the way, thanks sarkar1990 for the suggestion but I did not require the full kit, only the mod. I felt buying
    the ego one was not a worthwhile investment/return for money.

Now the long wait starts... :-\

By the way guys, a few questions:

• [li] I see samsung 18650 batteries on sale online. Some are from reputed sites. Is there any specific brand I should choose, say , high discharge/throughput varieties?[/li]

[li]Also, I ordered the 28 AWG Authentic Kanthal A1.SKU: 2076000 Hope it is the right one. Is it?
      [/li]

[li]As for the cotton to be used, is normal surgical cotton good enough after mutiple rinse-boil cycles? Or do I need to get it specifically from a source/site?
      [/li]

Vaperazzi

You can get batts from Andy - a least thats what i do
    wire seems fine.
    I normally use Koh gen doh cotton. easy to handle.although there is nothing wrong with organic cotton, but a little more diffcult to handle for me - i use them in drippers & KGD in rtas.

Vapetastic

I buy my batteries from Andy and Ashwani. I use muji cotton.. It's great for wicking and holds quite some juice..

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

Vapewizard

I feel like throwing all my koh gen do out of the window after using the klaud cotton. BTW, Ron sent me a similar cotton sample (Indian). I use them exclusively now. Don't think I can go back to koh gen do now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast