Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Vaperazzi

Default Re: Vaping with Ti wire

Ok , have started reading about titanium wire mainly from ecf and yes, you can expect grade 1 titanium, when heated, to form blue colour and some golden dots as as i mentioned - basically u can get rainbow colours. Its the oxide forming. And this oxide wont come off easily so its perfectly safe. IF you heat it quite a lot ( dry burn ) , then it might start turning grey. The purer the Ti, the more you have to heat it for it to turn grey.
    In fact, it seems like if you get a white coating which comes off easily, you probably have impure titanium - will confirm as i read more and get a better understanding.
    Also, you should make a coil and check its resistance, if its showing the expected value ( from steam-engine ). That will also give a first idea if your titanium is pure.
    Some pics:
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...664753/page-26

Vaperazzi

Also, seems like 99.5% or more is grade 1. But , not everything that is marked 99.5% is necessarily that. So you can test by dry burning by pulsing to see what kind of coating you are getting. Secondly, check the expected resistance with steam-engine - it should match.
    Stealthvape in Uk & unkamensupplies is confirmed to have the real stuff ( from ecf discussions ) - also a site in germany.
    The finish could be shiny or matted - not really that important. Its not known at this point how authentic the FT stuff is, but we will soon know

Vapaholic

Thanks for your updates Kalc ☺

Any ideas what sorta Ti wire is VAM (Vape-Atomizer-Mesh.com) selling Kalc bhai? Couldn't find much reference to WireandStuff.co.uk or the Vape-Atomizer-Mesh.com .. Not sure which thread on ECF you talking about bro ..

Vapaholic

Stealthvape saying no to Ti wire:

On their website verdict is...
    "Stealthvape are not saying ‘do not use titanium wire’, we just won’t sell you any. Vape safe "

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vapaholic

Titanium dioxide (TiO2):
    This is what seems to be the epicentre of all worries related to Ti vaping. Supposed to be carcinogenic.

What is TiO2:-
    http://www.highlyeducatedti.com/blog/?p=155

Vaperazzi

Vapetastic

From what I have gathered from ecf n reddit....Ti is the metal that's safest. As regards to oxidation concerns, Ti readily reacts with oxygen at 1,200 °C (2,190 °F) in air, and at 610 °C (1,130 °F) in pure oxygen, forming titanium dioxide.[8] It is, however, slow to react with water and air, as it forms a passive and oxide coating that protects the bulk metal from further oxidation. Prelimary tests are good.....Checked it out on a clr coil on the Evic VT, Sub and Zephy builds in progress....

Vapaholic

Ti wire crackles a lot.

Crackling sounds upon firing like popcorn bursts which later dilutes. Same crackling sound with Ti built on RDA'S.

Pls suggest if this a normal problem or else?

Vaperazzi

Am not sure i have had this issue bro , though i am not really fond of Ti at this moment - get off aroma every now and then ( but could be some user error ). But yes, no crackling or popping sound, if thats what you mean. Its probably more to do with wicking than Ti.

Vapaholic

Wicking maybe a reason.
    I'm using cotton kinda snug fit (not too tight/loose) similar to kanthal. Will now try with little lesser wick n see changes.

Vaperazzi

Sometimes popping happens - but i cant relate popping ( if thats what you mean ) to Ti.
    Yes, try a more snug fit an see

Vapaholic

Bro yesterday my friend borrowed this one (Ti set up) for vape. Soon he pressed fire button with mod near to his face LOL, popcorn burst !@#$! He almost dropped the mod but thankfully cached. He is smoker and will not vape in near future. Hehe

I understand it could be serious issue so now popping sounds begins to bother me more.

Popping I mean is like a small electric sparking sound.

It's always heard on 1st n 2nd fire on Ti setup (not coming with Ni or Kanthal) and thereafter when coils is little warm no popping sound. And it again pops for 1st two fire after some idle/ rest time.

checked post screws etc all ok n tight.

Vaperazzi

Oh, maybe this is something else - can u remove the top and try firing and see visually whats happening?

Vapaholic

May I pm you a small video tonight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast