Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chennai customs

Vapetastic

Default Chennai customs

Dear Indian Vapers,

I have 4 parcels in Chennai customs (all FT), at least 3 of them held by the Assistant Drug Controller, for about 3 months.
    I sent a mail to that officer, no response. 2 friends have their parcels with liquid blocked also.
    No liquid was blocked in Chennai until recently, that's some bad news.

Does anyone in this forum has any experience to share with Chennai customs?
    A suggestion for getting these parcels, anybody?

Vaper

Default Re: Chennai customs

Have been getting stuff in chennai. My experience is if you order from the U.S. Through usps it comes in no issues. Anything else gets stuck. Ft is a big problem I ordered some attys and it's been a month and they are yet to come in. Liquids I have no idea. Placed a big order with halo and still using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad to know foobar. And I thought they would just block Nic liquids .. but it's depressing to know that they are stopping hardware too :/

Vapetastic

Lakshmi, thanks for that hint, i'll definitely try some US store and usps. Sorry to hear about your blocked parcels
    We got 3 parcels with hardware only, in the same time, so hardware is not really a problem here to date.
    Juice is getting problematic, hopefully Ali is The man for vapers in distress
    You think we have a chance going to the office?

Vaper

In chennai.. Not a chance.. Firstly finding out which customs district has your parcel is in itself mind boggling. You would assume the airport customs office.. But apparently they have different offices for post, parcels etc. 2nd even if you do find the office finding the official assigned to your parcel is next to impossible. The best way would be to hold on and see what happens .. Take your luck.. Try halo or mt bakervapes shipped through usps comes in about 10 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chennai customs has gone paranoid! I ordered some TPA concentrates for cooking (w/e I ordered it for) .. Since 5th, those concentrates are stuck with Chennai customs. What's wrong with these people? FFS I could get concentrates for anything. Just because Iron can be used to make guns, let's freagin ban Iron .. is this how stuff works in this country?

Vapewizard

But isn't Chennai customs just supposed to forward to the local customs where it has to be delivered ? Like they do in case of Mumbai

I have 3 shipments coming via Chennai. They don't contain liquids though. They have only forwarded one so far to Mumbai customs. Will keep you guys posted if they block any.

Not too sure what's going on, my packages have never stopped this long at one spot .. I hope they release the package since it has nothing objectionable. But ya never know, dogs run this country :/

Vapetastic

[quote author=AndyK link=topic=903.msg10707#msg10707 date=1439989070]
    Chennai customs has gone paranoid! I ordered some TPA concentrates for cooking (w/e I ordered it for) .. Since 5th, those concentrates are stuck with Chennai customs. What's wrong with these people? FFS I could get concentrates for anything. Just because Iron can be used to make guns, let's freagin ban Iron .. is this how stuff works in this country?
    [/quote]

That's really bad Andy, I have ordered for a few TPA concentrates just day before yesterday as well, it's been shipped on USPS.

Vapetastic

Look at that: customs released a parcel after one week, and 16 minutes later it was back there. WTF? >

2015-08-14 15:39
    India, CHENNAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE, Send item to customs (Inb), Air, CHENNAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE
    2015-08-14 15:23
    India, CHENNAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE, Return item from customs (Inb), Air, CHENNAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE
    2015-08-07 16:40
    India, CHENNAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE, Send item to customs (Inb), Air, CHENNAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE

Anand bhai, they have forwarded my TPA package to Delhi customs now. All sorts of shit hitting the fan here :/

Vapewizard

Cool. 2 out of 3 of my shipment have been forwarded to Mumbai so far

[quote author=anandm link=topic=903.msg10768#msg10768 date=1440090689]
    Cool. 2 out of 3 of my shipment have been forwarded to Mumbai so far
    [/quote]

Although it seems like progress on my end but not really that pleasured because it's never taken this long for any package from the US. And I have a few more packages coming

Vapetastic

Default Chennai customs

@Andy on an average how many days it takes for you to get your shipments from states on regular USPS usually?

About 2 to 3 weeks buddy. But this particular package has taken more than 3 weeks :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast