Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Health Issues We Are Facing With Vaping

Disclaimer: The point of this thread is, "Let's share any issues we're facing with vaping". By no means this thread is initiated to spread scare of any sort, but for remaining realistic and sharing our experiences with other vapers to help ourselves & others in their vaping journey.

[hr]

I started off with eGo battery and clearomizers. the journey was pretty satisfying and I was excited to know that I could give up on harmful cigarettes. However, in due course of time I learnt about mech mods, rebuildables, sub-ohming and all higher wattage mods. My juice consumption was way too less when I switched to vaping but now there's hardly any control over how much juice some of us are guzzling each day.

I have talked about the health problems that I've had to deal with because of intake of VG/PG .. So I tried eLiquids from known vendors and have always bought my DIY stuff (VG, PG, Nic, flavorings, etc) from the US or the UK. I just wanted to make sure that I get good quality stuff so that my health remains good.

However, VG has done some damage .. raised my TG (Triglyceride) levels, played around with my lipids profile a lot. Why I have singled out VG is because whenever I go down on the VG content in my eLiquids, things begin to fix and my health improves. My TG levels become normal and my lipids profile also fixes up.

We all are different and things affect us differently. Some may complain issues with PG, some may say that they need to lower the nic content in their eLiquids. So there's no hard and fast rule to what can cause the problem. Perhaps, my sedentary lifestyle is to be blamed because I work from home. May be that is the reason why things affected me in this way.

By no means I'm trying to say smoking wouldn't have done all this. Smoking could have done much worse and I'm still extremely thankful that I switched over to vaping and quit the cancer-sticks for good. I'm just trying to say, it would have been much better for me to stick with eGo sticks and clearomizers. I think that is the route I'm gonna take soon. Will be giving up on my rebuildable atties (RTAs and RDAs) and will stick to some good clearos like the Nautilus Mini Clearomizer or alike.

Vaperazzi

Default Re: Health Concerns With Vaping

So , the point of this thread is - let us share if we are facing any issues with vaping.
    This is not for scare mongering, but for remaining realistic and sharing our experiences with other vapers to help ourselves & others in their vaping journey
    As i have mentioned elsewhere, i started vaping in those days when the PG content was very high in liquids practically 100% and eventually started developing a red eye condition - it would go away when i would stop vaping.
    These days , with 50:50 or high VG eliquids, the issue is under control - its episcleritis - a benign condition.

Vapetastic

Default Re: Health Issues We Are Facing With Vaping

I've had a few problems too, putting it down here.

The reactions started about a month ago. A peculiar rash / inflammation would erupt on my body, no place in particular. Historically had a history of high cholesterol levels, so had started on organic concentrated green tea capsules. With the onset of these inflammations, decided to get my tests done again. Surprisingly, my cholesterol levels were under control, but my liver function tests were a small area of concern, with higher than normal sgpt sgot levels. On a particular vape meet, showed the inflammation due to Dr Sushant, a respected member of our community. He said it was due to my heavy lung hitting / subbing with high vg juices. Since i dont generally sweat, the oils from the vg seem to have got into my blood stream resulting in these inflammations. Was advised to refrain from chain vaping and lung hitting with heavy vg juices. Was prescribed antihistamines along with the general vitamins n stuff. Reduced my vaping to an hour per day, yet subbing tho, and the inflammations came under control. Today is the 2nd day that i am free from the inflammatory nightmares. Seems I have no choice but to go back to m2l vaping. Health

Sent from my HTC Desire 826 dual sim using Tapatalk

Vapewizard

I have faced no health issues so far with vaping. In fact I can play tennis for 90 mins very easily without running out of breath. And I do land up smoking a couple of cigarettes a day. Used to smoke about 30 a day and even more on night outs.

Vaperazzi

Welcome back Jay to the MTL club
    Good to hear Anand that you are doing well

Vapetastic

Nice to be back on MTL (tho yet do an occasional LH). LH corrupts and corrupts absolutely.......but felt it was also getting a bit too much for my lungs to handle. After having reduced my LH, the inflammations have gone down drastically, and those that come are taken care of by the antihistamines (short term immediate remedy). For the long term, have started on Safi to cleanse my blood of toxins (thats where the shitty gunk is swirling around) and a few other ayurvedic stuff that tastes yuck, but wifey insists its just what the doc ordered (literally)

So easy to take ur health for granted, till........

Come on guys, FFS, share what you've been telling me on Skype and whatsapp .. Jeez. Oh, I'm not saying this to the people who've replied to this thread. I'm saying this to those who just read and close the page. I get a few talking their issues over the phone, whatsapp and other places. Though the problems are minor but it is worth sharing every bit. Why not talk openly? What's there to lose? *shaking my head*

Even if you've not have had any kind of issues, just say something. Say, "I've been vaping since x years and never had a problem" or anything ..

I don't know how much of this can be backed with scientific data- but about 7-8 years ago I had gone for a full body checkup and the doctor told me I had a spot on my right lung. He asked me to get it checked- but I decided to brush it under the carpet and not do anything about it. I was smoking then as was I was for the most of the last few years.

I've been vaping for about a year and smoked a random cig here and there. Maybe 5 in one go while drinking but the daily regular smoking was eliminated. I had sudden chest pains one day to the point that it was unbearable and I went to the doc. He made me do an Xray.

In the end, the chest pains were nothing to do with lungs or heart- it was a silly muscle pull. However, when I asked the doc if he saw a spot on the lung he said that it was nothing and that it had turned into a mere scar. That it was not harmful but it would be present there in its harmless form. Just like that the spot on my lung had disappeared.

Did shifting to vaping did this? I don't know. Maybe it did. But I know that I breathe better- my voice has better vocal projection and deep breathing meditation has become easier. When I first started I did not even inhale the vapor, now I do - what is called as mouth to lung. I go throuh - at max 1 ml of juice a day, usually much lesser and for now I haven't faced any problems.

Great to know about your health hillsnipe and oh so glad to know that it was just a scar. That's relieving ..

Vapetastic

An update: My inflammations seem to have concentrated in my hands now. Palms and fingers get swollen and they burn. Swollen as well. Get relief after i immerse my hands in chilled water for 3 mins

Vaperazzi

Oh

Vapaholic

[quote author=Jayk link=topic=1086.msg12107#msg12107 date=1444461176]
    An update: My inflammations seem to have concentrated in my hands now. Palms and fingers get swollen and they burn. Swollen as well. Get relief after i immerse my hands in chilled water for 3 mins

[/quote]
    Even after MTL the inflammations continue? A week back you didnt had anything near your hands. This is getting serious and complicated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapetastic

If I may chip in from what I know from my study of pharmacology.

The elevated TG and LDL levels are probably due to Nicotine itself rather than the VG inhaled. (I don't think VG is actually absorbed at all but I'll have to read up on that.)

Nicotine is shown to breakdown the HDL in the blood to lower forms of cholesterol like LDL and TG (and even LDL to TG), thus altering their ratios. There was a study done on mice, I'll try to find and link it.

Also, (this I read recently on some other forum, I'm a vape noob) Nicotine absorption is ~ 50% while vaping as against ~ 10% or less from cigarettes. So your Nicotine intake has probably increased (while still staying below nausea and vomiting levels, but we do develop tolerance fast) since the switch to vaping and caused the cholesterol levels to go wonky.

The fact is, Nicotine essentially causes breakdown of body fat into the cholesterols and releases into bloodstream. This is actually a good thing IF adequate exercise is maintained, but you guys probably already know that. Hope this helps.

Vapetastic

Yep Shirish.... U r bang on the dot here. Adequate exercise seems to be key out here. In a way, vaping made me even more lazy. No need to go down to the paanwala, no need to go down to smoke. Jidhar chaho... Vape karo

Vaperazzi

Good analysis there Shirish
    I also did my blood report after a discussion with Jay/Andy.
    Just saw the report - TG is 194, LDL is 161. Is quite a bit higher than i had done last time when i was not vaping.
    But the LFT report is completely normal.
    I think what you have said is quite accurate - indeed , i very much feel that the nicotine intake has increased.
    As Jay has suggested, i will start taking the green tea capsules & get the test repeated in December or so
    Jay , how many capsules to take daily/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast