Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vaperazzi

Default Re: Health Issues We Are Facing With Vaping

Jay, hearing Ganesh, i think u need to try this experiment.
    Just heavily cut down on the nic level for sometime & see if u get those allergies.
    In fact, i think , i will reduce my nic to 3mg from 6mg , wherever possible - lets see what happens after that

Vapetastic

Hi guys, please call me Ganesh, that is the name I'm familiar with. I found the study I had mentioned in my earlier post regarding the effect of Nicotine on the blood lipid profile. Posting the link below.

http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...ycemia_in_Mice

Although the paper discusses the gender differences in the effect of Nicotine on the blood lipids you can notice (Table 1) that in both the result is a marked increase in the levels of TGs and LDLs. Additional note would be of its effect on the blood glucose levels, which it increases, albeit transiently. This may be of importance to the diabetics among us.

Vaperazzi

Oh Ganesh , sorry :P
    Thanks for your inputs BTW

Vaper

Been vaping for a month now and am happy to report no adverse reaction to any of the e-liquids (four brands). But did check with a few guys who initiated vaping with me and one of them has indicated developing a rash. Switched him to another brand with lower nic levels and the rash has definitely subsided.

On a lighter note weaning off cigs (not entirely) has resulted in me sprinting up flights of stairs again.

Vaperazzi

Oh, wow, thats great to hear

Vapetastic

[quote author=kalc link=topic=1086.msg12125#msg12125 date=1444580949]
    Good analysis there Shirish
    I also did my blood report after a discussion with Jay/Andy.
    Just saw the report - TG is 194, LDL is 161. Is quite a bit higher than i had done last time when i was not vaping.
    But the LFT report is completely normal.
    I think what you have said is quite accurate - indeed , i very much feel that the nicotine intake has increased.
    As Jay has suggested, i will start taking the green tea capsules & get the test repeated in December or so
    Jay , how many capsules to take daily/
    [/quote]
    Am having 2 capsules a day.... 1after lunch, 1 after dinner. Fabulous results

Sent from my HTC Desire 826 dual sim using Tapatalk

Vapetastic

[quote author=kalc link=topic=1086.msg12126#msg12126 date=1444582181]
    Jay, hearing Ganesh, i think u need to try this experiment.
    Just heavily cut down on the nic level for sometime & see if u get those allergies.
    In fact, i think , i will reduce my nic to 3mg from 6mg , wherever possible - lets see what happens after that
    [/quote]
    Makes sense..... Will scale down to 3mg

Vaperazzi

Ok, so i will also have 2 - is it 250mg a capsule?
    Well, i am definitely cutting down on Nic and can clearly observe how i was having a bit too much nic, now that i am cutting back.

Vaper

[quote author=MensRea link=topic=1086.msg12118#msg12118 date=1444516482]
    If I may chip in from what I know from my study of pharmacology.

The elevated TG and LDL levels are probably due to Nicotine itself rather than the VG inhaled. (I don't think VG is actually absorbed at all but I'll have to read up on that.)

Nicotine is shown to breakdown the HDL in the blood to lower forms of cholesterol like LDL and TG (and even LDL to TG), thus altering their ratios. There was a study done on mice, I'll try to find and link it.

Also, (this I read recently on some other forum, I'm a vape noob) Nicotine absorption is ~ 50% while vaping as against ~ 10% or less from cigarettes. So your Nicotine intake has probably increased (while still staying below nausea and vomiting levels, but we do develop tolerance fast) since the switch to vaping and caused the cholesterol levels to go wonky.

The fact is, Nicotine essentially causes breakdown of body fat into the cholesterols and releases into bloodstream. This is actually a good thing IF adequate exercise is maintained, but you guys probably already know that. Hope this helps.
    [/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong but if I stop intake of nicotine, I'll be able to reduce weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vapetastic

[quote author=ShreyGupta link=topic=1086.msg12340#msg12340 date=1445197611]

[quote author=MensRea link=topic=1086.msg12118#msg12118 date=1444516482]
    If I may chip in from what I know from my study of pharmacology.

The elevated TG and LDL levels are probably due to Nicotine itself rather than the VG inhaled. (I don't think VG is actually absorbed at all but I'll have to read up on that.)

Nicotine is shown to breakdown the HDL in the blood to lower forms of cholesterol like LDL and TG (and even LDL to TG), thus altering their ratios. There was a study done on mice, I'll try to find and link it.

Also, (this I read recently on some other forum, I'm a vape noob) Nicotine absorption is ~ 50% while vaping as against ~ 10% or less from cigarettes. So your Nicotine intake has probably increased (while still staying below nausea and vomiting levels, but we do develop tolerance fast) since the switch to vaping and caused the cholesterol levels to go wonky.

The fact is, Nicotine essentially causes breakdown of body fat into the cholesterols and releases into bloodstream. This is actually a good thing IF adequate exercise is maintained, but you guys probably already know that. Hope this helps.
    [/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong but if I stop intake of nicotine, I'll be able to reduce weight?

[/quote]
    Um... No.

Diet and exercise are the only ways to reduce weight.

Nicotine helps reduce weight by decreasing appetite and by breaking down and releasing into the blood the already deposited body fat (your belly fat and such) which will be utilised only if you do enough exercise for it. Otherwise it will just result in increasing the cholesterol levels in your blood.

Stopping nicotine will cause a slight increase in weight. One, by releasing your appetite from the nicotine suppressive effect. And two, by causing the opposite effect of what I mentioned in the previous paragraph, ie increased deposition of body fat.

Hope that explains it.

PS: I'm an insomniac, I know.

Vaper

Default Health Issues We Are Facing With Vaping

Yeah. Can confirm the appetite part. At 0% nic since last 7 days, appetite increased on 4th day.

Any effects of using only PG/VG based liquids?

Vapetastic

[quote author=ShreyGupta link=topic=1086.msg12342#msg12342 date=1445198950]
    Yeah. Can confirm the appetite part. At 0% nic since last 7 days, appetite increased on 4th day.

[/quote]
    Nicotine, I've been studying it for quite sometime. But I'm pretty new to vaping myself, still reading up on PG and VG . So can't answer that now, others will chip in.

Vaper

[quote author=MensRea link=topic=1086.msg12345#msg12345 date=1445200969]
    [quote author=ShreyGupta link=topic=1086.msg12342#msg12342 date=1445198950]

[/quote]
    Nicotine, I've been studying it for quite sometime. But I'm pretty new to vaping myself, still reading up on PG and VG . So can't answer that now, others will chip in.
    [/quote]

No worries bro. Your reply helped in clearing up a doubt or two

Vapetastic

[quote author=kalc link=topic=1086.msg12195#msg12195 date=1444829614]
    Ok, so i will also have 2 - is it 250mg a capsule?
    Well, i am definitely cutting down on Nic and can clearly observe how i was having a bit too much nic, now that i am cutting back.
    [/quote]
    Yep da.. Its 250mg a capsule.

Vaperazzi

Ok great - i have started having those twice a day, thanks Jay

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast